Train Your Brain: What Day Is It?
Training Puzzle of the Week
They say the days go slow, but the years go fast. No one ever said anything about dates being confusing.
There are only 7 days in a week so who would’ve thought a calendar puzzle would cause so much head scratching. Turns out, it’s easy to get disoriented and lose your bearing when Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and the rest of week start blurring with each other. Can you solve this week’s puzzle?
Take a look at the picture below, exercise your mind and see if you can find come out of it on the right day of the week:
The day after tomorrow is the third day after Wednesday. Which day was the day before yesterday?
If you think you’ve figured it out, scroll down below to check your answer.
Training Puzzle Answer and Explanation
Got an answer in mind already?
The day before yesterday is Tuesday.
This puzzle becomes simpler if you work through the clues backwards:
1. The third day after Wednesday is Saturday
2. 2 days before Saturday (“the day after tomorrow) is Thursday
At this point we now know that today is Thursday, but that’s not the complete answer yet.
4. Yesterday was Wednesday.
5. The day before that is Tuesday.
There you have it.
Did you arrive at the same date?
Latest posts by Luke Imbong (see all)
- Certificate III Aged Care and Certificate IV Ageing Support: What’s the Difference? - April 21, 2017
- New Inspire Education Head Office Opens! - September 22, 2016
- Latest Individual Support Courses in Aged Care, Disability and Home Care Now Open - June 2, 2016