These Fitness courses will qualify you to become a Personal Trainer. These include modules on developing strength and conditioning programs, collaborating with health professionals, applying transformational motivational techniques, conducting fitness appraisals for your clients, and more.
With this level of competency, you will be expected to train individual clients on a one-on-one basis, and may include older clients and children.
Where Can a Fitness Qualification Take Your Career?
The Personal Trainer Course – Sprint Package equips you with the foundational core units from Certificate III in Fitness and the complete set of units from the Certificate IV in Fitness. It is a perfect fit for individuals who wish to promote physical fitness education and is designed to prepare you for a career in physical fitness instruction through the following job roles:
- Advanced PT
- Personal Training Manager
- Registered Personal Trainer
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
Sample Course Details
|SIS40215||Certificate IV in Fitness (with foundational pre-requisites on entry)|
Vocational Placement Hours:
|12 months||40 hours of practical training in a fitness facility and includes the completion of the Live.Learn.Fitness® Logbook|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Here’s a sample course delivery description from PT National:
This course is delivered through Online Self-Paced Learning.
This course will give you the foundational skills you need to launch yourself into the dynamic Fitness industry. The Sprint Package is delivered online with group mentoring support sessions if required. The learners will have the opportunity to study independently, collaboratively, and with guided facilitation with this mode of delivery.
With a continual intake of learners, you can commence your study at any time throughout the year and study the course during your own free time and study pace. Enrolments are accepted Australia wide, so you can study whether you live in a remote area or a major city like Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth.
If you are passionate about helping others reach their fitness goals and want to choose your own hours or be your own boss, becoming a nationally qualified Fitness Trainer is a great fit.
Please read the policies and procedures in the PT National student handbook before enrolling.
Your Certificate or Statement of Attainment will also be issued by PT National (RTO#41327).
What Will You Learn in the Personal Trainer Course?
The Personal Trainer Course – Sprint Package is designed to give you the set of essential skills and knowledge required to become a fully qualified Personal Trainer in Australia. It enrolls you in the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness course with foundational pre-requisites on entry.
The course qualifies you to become a registered Personal Trainer, develop your fitness business skills, collaborate with health professionals, and apply transformational motivational techniques. It also lets you conduct postural and fitness appraisals that will showcase your ability to drive results with clients.
Below are sample entry requirements for the course:
To enrol in this course, learners must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have basic computer skills
- Complete PT National’s Pre-Screening Health Questionnaire
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate
Learners who successfully complete the Personal Trainer Course – Sprint Package, and after at least one year of experience within the fitness industry, may choose to further their learning pathway and pursue a career as an Advanced Personal Trainer or a Personal Training Manager by studying the SIS50215 Diploma of Fitness course.
Here are examples of the units packaged in this Fitness course:
The Personal Trainer Course – Sprint Package has 28 total units, consisting of 8 prerequisite units from the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness and the 12 core units and 8 specially selected elective units from the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness covering a broad range of topics and skills required by the Fitness industry:
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening & fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- SISFFIT013 – Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 – Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 – Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 – Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 – Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 – Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 – Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 – Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 – Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 – Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB401 – Establish Legal and Risk Management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISFFIT024 – Instruct endurance programs
- SISSSTC402A – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 – Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISXCCS003 – Address client needs
Resources Provided by PT National
Here are sample course resources from PT National:
To support you in your studies you will receive:
- Australia’s Fitness Ambassadors® uniform (learner receives at enrolment)
- Access to the Learning Management System and utilise the functions within it. It will be the host for a resource library of information, video presentations, and other tools to aid your learning
- The opportunity for learners to interact with their assigned PT National educator at our Greater Western Sydney College campus or through various modes of communication should the learner be located outside of Sydney
- The ability for learners to participate in small group sessions at the learner’s request. These sessions will be pre-booked by the learner by contacting their educatior via email, phone, or SMS to book in a session
Resources Supplied by the Student
Here are sample resources required by PT National from students:
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- A computer (PC or Mac) with Internet and Internet Browser (IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Opera, or Chrome)
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder)
- Latest Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Course Outline & Structure
Here’s a sample Personal Trainer course structure:
Enrolments are open all year-round for the Personal Trainer Course – Sprint Package. The course duration below is the maximum time frame for learners, and you may get your qualification sooner, depending on your pace.
Learners have up to 12 months to complete the course from their enrolment date. You can start training at any time throughout the year.
To successfully complete the Personal Trainer Course – Sprint Package, learners will be required to complete the Live.Learn.Fitness® Clinical Experience (vocational/work placement).
Upon completing your course you will receive your qualification from PT National.
Here are sample assessment methods from PT National:
Assessment methods for this course include online assessment of the Assessment Tasks delivered through the custom-designed Learning Management System (LMS) and the completion of the Live.Learn.Fitness® Clinical Experience (work placement), including the completion of the Live.Learn.Fitness® Logbook.
All learners are required to complete Vocational Placement as part of this course to help you develop your skills and knowledge in the fitness industry. Below is an example of placement requirements:
Work placement will need to be organised and completed by the learner in their own time. This consists of 40 hours of practical training in a fitness facility and includes the completion of the Live.Learn.Fitness® Logbook with the guidance of a Fitness Professional, who will become your mentor over the duration of the practicum.
Please read the policies and procedures in the PT National student handbook before enrolling.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Below is an example information about RPL pathway for this Personal Trainer course:
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this qualification. This can include any previous formal or informal training and/or previous life or work experience. Simply indicate during your enrolment if you wish to apply for RPL.
Please visit PT National’s RPL Guide for more information on this process and instructions on how to apply.