Update: The Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACTEI) programme has been extended!
The new deadline to commence training is the 30th June 2015. Learn more here.
The final deadline to take advantage of the Australian Government’s Aged Care Education and Training Incentive (ACETI) Programme is here. To get Government funding payments, you must commence an eligible training course by 30th June 2015.
Who is Eligible?
To get funding, you must:
• Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
• Be employed providing direct care in, and by, an eligible aged care service (full time, part time or casual basis).
• Have a commitment to working in the Australian aged care sector.
• Commence an eligible course between 1st July 2010 and 30th June 2014. This means the official start date must be before 30th June 2015, not the date of enrolment.
Which Courses are Eligible?
Inspire Education offers two eligible vocational training courses:
There are other eligible vocational & nursing courses listed on the ACETI program page.
Which Aged Care Services are Eligible?
You must be employed in an aged care role in any of the following services:
• Commonwealth funded residential aged care services;
• Commonwealth funded Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flexible aged care services;
• Commonwealth funded Home Care Packages;
o Home Care Level 1
o Home Care Level 2 – formerly Community Aged Care Packages (CACP)
o Home Care Level 3
o Home Care Level 4 – formerly Extended Aged Care at Home (EACH) and Extended Aged Care at Home Dementia (EACH-D) packages.
How Much Will You Be Paid?
Vocational Training Courses
You will receive up to $1000 total for studying an eligible vocational course:
• $500 after commencement of the course
• $500 after successful completion of the course
Enrolled Nursing & Registered Nursing Courses are also eligible for payments up to $5000 total (see official ACETI page).
Are There Conditions for How Money is Spent?
No. These payments are provided as financial assistance for aged care workers who are undergoing training. You do not need to use payments to pay training costs. It is your choice how you spend your incentive payments.
I’ve Already Started Training, Can I Still Claim Payments?
You have up to 6 months after commencement to make a claim for a commencement payment.
How to Apply
Please visit the official ACETI Programme page for application forms and more information about government funding.
Enrol in a Course
Please visit course pages to learn more about our eligible training courses:
Enrol directly in a course through our Online Shop (click link).
Oops! We could not locate your form.