Inspire’s Brand NEW Work Health and Safety Course!
I’m excited to announce Inspire’s NEWEST Course the Cert IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41412!
Cert IV OHS and Cert IV WHS
The Cert IV WHS superseded the Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety (BSB41407) course in December 2012. The old OH&S Course will be completely unavailable by the end of this year.
Why is there a New Safety Course? Vocational Education and Training courses undergo reformation every few years. This ensures they incorporate the most up to date information and teaching techniques. Previously, Australia’s Cert IV OHS course is current as of 2007. The Cert IV WHS course incorporates industry changes to information and practice and the new WHS laws and regulations.
For more on the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety >>> CLICK HERE.
OH&S, WHS: What Has Changed?
The most prominent difference to the qualifications is the change in terminology to reflect the WHS Act, formed in 2011. Though not every state has implemented WHS laws, Australia is working towards harmonisation of the health and safety sector. In conjunction with the course name, the unit coding has changed from “OHS” to “WHS” to streamline language and terminology.
Changes have also taken place within the unit structure. The Cert IV OHS required a completion of nine units in total, six core units and three elective units. These electives were dependent on the student’s delivery mode and location of study.
The NEW WHS Course is comprised of 10 units in total, five core units and five elective units. All electives are applicable to each participant regardless of location or delivery mode. The Cert IV WHS aims to give students an understanding of workplace health and safety practices. It encourages knowledge development in the skills required to work within an organisations safety team.
Cert IV OHS
The Cert IV OHS contained 6 core units for completion:
- BSBOHS401B Contribute to a systematic approach to managing OHS
- BSBOHS402B Contribute to the implementation of the OHS consultation process
- BSBOHS403B Identify hazards and assess OHS risks
- BSBOHS404B Contribute to the implementation of strategies to control OHS risk
- BSBOHS405B Contribute to the implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBOHS408A Assist with compliance with OHS & other relevant laws
Additionally, students had the option of completing 3 of the 4 available elective units, dependent on their course delivery:
- BSBWRT401A Write complex documents
- BSBRSK401A Identify risk and apply risk management process; AND
- BSBRES401A Analyse and present research information (for distance and Brisbane, Perth, Sydney blended students only); OR
- BSBOHS407B Monitor a safe workplace (for other capital cities and regional centres)
Cert IV WHS
The Cert IV WHS contains 5 core units for completion:
- BSBWHS402A Assist with compliance and WHS laws
- BSBWHS403A Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404A Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405A Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406A Assist with responding to incidents
Additionally, students are required to complete 5 elective units:
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
- BSBRES401A Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS408A Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWRT401A Write complex documents
- BSBRSK401A Identify risk and apply risk management processes
WHS Training Course Delivery
Inspire offers the Cert IV WHS in the most popular and effective mode of delivery, distance/Online Learning. Students will have 12 months to complete the course from the date of enrolment and can shorten or lengthen this period according to their needs.
Additionally, by studying with Inspire, you will have access to:
- Online Course Materials and Resources (hard copy available for an additional fee)
- Multimedia Learning Resources
- Online Forums and Student Community
- Regular Informative Webinars
- Ongoing Trainer Support via Phone and Student Messaging System
Certificate IV Work Health and Safety
For more info on the NEW Cert IV WHS and to request a FREE Information pack with the latest pricing and course info, see >>> https://inspireeducation.net.au/courses/occupational-health-and-safety-training-courses/cert-iv-in-work-health-and-safety-whs-ohs-course/.
If you’d like to chat with us about the new WHS course, give us a call on 1800 506 509!
Latest posts by Inspire Media (see all)
- ‘Get Qualified Now’ Course Sale On NOW! – Save up to $1500! - February 10, 2015
- 10 Steps to Become Successful At Studying Productively - May 31, 2014
- Top Rated Jobs in Australia - May 6, 2014