Construction Skills Queensland Funded Courses Available Now!

Construction Skills Queensland Funded Courses Available Now!

Do you work in construction? Are you a permanent resident of Queensland? You may be eligible for a fully funded qualification!

Construction Skills Queensland Funded Courses Available Now!

Thanks to Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ), we have a very limited number of fully funded courses available for Queensland building and construction workers. CSQ is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry. The Higher Level Skills Program is designed to keep existing workers in Queensland’s building and construction industry by providing access to Certificate IV and higher level vocational training.

This is your opportunity to develop new skills you can use to move into supervisory roles or take on different, less physically demanding duties at work. Training can also help you respond to labour shortages in the industry or develop new in-demand skills; perfect if you are currently underemployed and seeking more opportunities for work, looking for a change or just like to stay ahead of the curve.

Enrolments are open and places are limited, so contact us now to secure your training!

Through Inspire Education you can study:

Are you eligible to receive funded training?

To be eligible for funded training, you must:

  • Work in the Queensland building and construction industry.
  • Be employed as a building and construction worker^ with your employer for at least one month (through full-time, part-time or casual employment, or as a contract worker).
  • Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen; a permanent resident of Australia; or a holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa.
  • Be a permanent resident of Queensland; or permanently employed in Queensland.

    And you must NOT :
  • Be currently enrolled and participating in a school program.
  • Be contracted trainers and assessors or existing workers of any registered training organisation (RTO).
  • Be already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program.
  • Be previously funded under this program in the same program period.

We will conduct an in depth assessment of your eligibility as part of the enrolment process and you will need to provide evidence of residency, employment and citizenship. Additional terms and conditions apply.

If you have any questions, please give us a call on 1800 506 509!

^ A building and construction worker is an employee substantially involved in constructing, deconstructing, reconstructing, renovating, altering, demolishing, relocating, maintaining or repairing structures:

  • breakwaters, docks, jetties, piers or wharves;
  • bridges, viaducts, aqueducts or tunnels;
  • buildings;
  • chimney stacks, cooling towers, drilling rigs, gas holders or silos;
  • earthworks, other than for farming;
  • fences, other than fences on farms;
  • navigational lights, beacons or markers;
  • pile driving works;
  • pipe lines;
  • roads, railways, airfields or other works for the passage of anything;
  • spa pools and swimming pools;
  • sporting or recreational facilities;
  • works for conveying products, by-products or materials;
  • works for extracting, refining, processing or treating materials or for producing or extracting products and by-products from materials;
  • works for solid waste disposal;
  • works for subdividing or developing land;
  • works for telecommunication or for the transmission of radio or television;
  • works for the conveyance, treatment or disposal of sewage or of the effluent from any premises;
  • works for the drainage of land;
  • works for the generation, supply or transmission of electric power;
  • works for the improvement or alteration of a harbour, river or watercourse for navigation purposes;
  • works for the irrigation of land;
  • works for the storage of liquids, other than water, or gases;
  • works for the storage or supply of water or for flood mitigation.

Unfortunately you will not be eligible if you work in the building and construction industry in a managerial, clerical, professional or ancillary capacity.

Some related or support industries which are also excluded from funding, include:

  • Transport and delivery providers
  • Agricultural industry
  • Registered Training Organisations
  • Manufacturers or fabricators: Repairing buckets, Fabrication of steel railings, Fabrication of house frames
  • Wholesale or retail suppliers of construction materials or other related products such as Timber, Landscape materials, Cement, Tiles, Electrical goods
  • Building and construction related service providers: Window cleaners, Building cleaners, Rubbish removalists

Oops! We could not locate your form.