Safe Online Delivery!
End of Winter Intake* On NOW!
Only $399 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 31st August.
Your FREE Design and Develop Assessment Tools Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The TAEASS502 is the latest “Design and Develop Assessment Tools” unit. It is also the newest addition to the core components of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools will help you take that next, inspiring career move and enable you to take on the ability on designing and developing assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence. This is one of the critical course units all qualified Trainers and Assessors in Australia must hold.
After it became a core unit of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, qualified trainers now need to add the TAEASS502 to their set of training accreditations. This unit supersedes and is equivalent to the TAEASS502B.
Where Can the TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools Take Your Career?
This skill set is ideal for individuals who are looking to pursue careers as a/an:
- Resource Developer
- Assessment Tool Designer/Developer
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|TAEASS502||Design and Develop Assessment Tools|
Expected Study Hours:
|3 Months||Up to 110 study hours|
Start any time for Online Self-Paced!
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
What Will You Learn in the TAEASS502 Unit?
The TAEASS502 unit teaches the skills and knowledge required to design and to develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative and recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
This unit will use a mixture of practical and knowledge-based assessments to establish competence in abilities such as:
- Determine the focus of the assessment tool
- Design the assessment tool
- Develop the assessment tool
- Review and trial of the assessment tool
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools course online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Design and Development Assessment Tools course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this TAEASS502 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 3 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Unit Structure and Outline
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education (RTO #32067) has identified three student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 1201 hours. Total volume of learning may be up to 110 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one year or more. Study hours is up to 90 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment who are currently working in the vocational education sector. Study hours is up to 95 hours
Expected Study Hours: Up to 110 study hours are expected from learners with limited training experience; the number of hours can vary depending on your training experience
There are no formal entry requirements for the TAEASS502 unit. However, it is preferable that you:
- Are aged 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Training Plan evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies to determine vocational competency and volume of learning requirements
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
To support you in your studies, Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
During your course you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- Headset and camera
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this qualification. This can include an individual’s prior learning, achieved through formal and informal training, work experience or other life experiences. Learners will use Inspire Education’s TAEASS502 RPL Evidence Guide to gather the necessary evidence and assess their competence. To apply for RPL, simply tick the box on your enrolment form. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Students enrolled in this unit may wish to study other courses that will support them in developing their training and assessment skills.
Options available include:
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TAE50216 – Diploma of Training Design and Development
- TAE50116 – Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
^To enrol now, pay only the Upfront fee and take advantage of easy monthly payments for the remaining course balance. View the course information pack for complete pricing details.