Course Code: TAE40116
What you’ll get for this amazing low price:
✓ New and latest TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
✓ Premium Trainer Support (phone and online messaging)!
✓ Online Course with Free Face to Face Webinars!
✓ Engaging Quality Cert IV TAE Materials + more!
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is Inspire Education’s ‘flagship’ qualification and our TAE courses are regarded as one of the best in the country.
Inspire Education is pleased to announce the addition of the new and latest TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification to its scope. Get qualified with Inspire and be at the forefront of the training industry with Australia’s latest training qualification!
The TAE40116 is the most current training and assessment course that supersedes the older TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course.
Australia’s new and latest ‘Train the Trainer’ Qualification, the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Cert IV TAE), is a nationally-accredited course designed for anyone wanting to engage in careers such as:
• Enterprise Trainer and Assessor
• TAFE Teacher
• Training Advisor
• Workplace Trainer
• Trainer in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
• Vocational Education Teacher
• Setting up your own RTO
• Training and Development
• Any career that requires a Professional Trainer skill-set
Inspire offers SIX flexible delivery options for you to undertake the TAE40116 in the way that suits you best. All delivery methods have a 12-month course duration, except for the TAE40110 Upgrade, wherein you will be given 3 months to complete.
1. Online Course – A combination of self-paced learning, face to face webinars, workplace learning, and online learning
2. Face to Face Blended Workshop – A combination of 1-week, 2-week, or 3-week face-to-face workshop to jumpstart your course and commence a significant portion + self-paced learning + all resources in the Online Course
• 1-Week ‘Kickstarter’ Delivery
Kickstart your training and set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day Face to Face workshop with an expert trainer! During the workshop, you will undertake several of the core projects and requirements of the course, and gain a clear direction on how to undertake the remaining assessment tasks.
• 2-Week ‘Breakthrough’ Delivery
Breakthrough a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day Face to Face workshops. You will undertake more of the critical assessment task and projects, including conducting a demo training session in class (no need to spend time to organise your own venue and recruit new learners!), plus everything in the 1-week workshop.
• 3-Week ‘Maximiser’ Delivery
Maximise your time and study in the most efficient way possible by attending three (3) 5-day Face to Face workshops. You will conduct all remaining training delivery sessions, and assess other learners in a real vocational setting to complete the vocational placement requirement of the course (no need to spend days in an RTO!), plus everything in the 1-week and 2-week workshop.
3. Online Workshop – A combination of 1 or 2-week online workshop to jumpstart your course and commence a significant portion + self-paced learning + all resources in the Online Course
• 1-Week ‘Kickstarter’ Delivery
Kickstart your training and set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day online workshop with an expert trainer! During the workshop, you will undertake several of the core projects and requirements of the course, and gain a clear direction on how to undertake the remaining assessment tasks. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
• 2-Week ‘Breakthrough’ Delivery
Breakthrough a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day online workshops. You will undertake more of the critical assessment task and projects, including conducting a demo training session in class (no need to spend time to organise your own venue and recruit new learners!), plus everything in the 1-week workshop. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
• 3-Week ‘Maximiser’ Delivery
Maximise your time and study in the most efficient way possible by attending three (3) 5-day online workshops. You will conduct all remaining training delivery sessions, and assess other learners in a real vocational setting to complete the vocational placement requirement of the course (no need to spend days in an RTO!), plus everything in the 1-week and 2-week workshop. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
• 4-Week Intensive Delivery
Fast track your training and gain your qualification sooner by attending four (4) intensive back-to-back, 5-day online workshops. Under the expert guidance of your trainer, you will have access to student groups for delivering presentations and to Inspire RTO workplace projects so you can maximise your learning and achieve your qualification in the shortest possible timeframe. Comes with up to 6 months of self-paced learning.
4. Australia Wide Online Evening Workshops – Give yourself that extra guidance of the classroom easily slotted into a busy schedule with 2 evening sessions a week for 10 weeks (20 sessions total) + self-paced learning of up to 12 months
5. Intensive Online Evening Workshops – Enrol into an intensive Cert IV TAE course even with a full day schedule. This delivery allows you to get full trainer guidance with two 3-hour evening workshops per week for 28 weeks. The intakes are split into 4 terms, there are no classes during national holidays, and you’ll be done with all practical assessments after attending all classes!
6. TAE40110 Upgrade – Use your existing TAE40110 Cert IV Training and Assessment to fast track to the latest TAE40116 qualification; you may read upgrade instructions here
Inspire has TAE workshops running throughout the year in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and other major cities. Get the latest workshop timetables by claiming a free course information pack.
Doing the Cert IV TAE40116 also requires completion of specified competency standards and assessment requirements in a vocational workplace.
Please read our Complaints and Appeals Policies, Refund Policy and other policies and procedures in the Inspire Education Student Handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
NOTE: For Breakthrough and Maximiser Workshops, please allow at least thirty (30) days between each weekly workshop for at-home study to gain the best learning outcome.
By the time you finish your new Cert IV TAE (TAE40116) with us, you will have a sound understanding of the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) industry and training packages.
You will also develop all key areas of Training and Assessment including design, delivery, and assessment. You will learn to design learning programs, deliver and assess training in one-on-one and group settings, and participate in assessment validation.
The latest Training and Assessment course includes 2 new units, the TAELLN411 and the TAEASS502.
• The TAELLN411 unit is designed to develop skills and knowledge required of a vocational trainer or assessor to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment; and to use resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group. It was formerly available only as an optional elective unit in the TAE40110 course.
• The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools is a Diploma level unit aimed at developing skills and knowledge required to design and to develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is suitable for anyone looking to enter job roles which relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector.
Once enrolled in this course you may also consider additional training to complement your training and assessment skills and allow you to train in a specialist area, such as:
• Work Health and Safety Courses – BSB41415 and BSB51315
• Project Management Courses – BSB41515 and BSB51415
• Human Resources or Business Admin Courses – BSB41015 and BSB40515
• Early Childhood Education and Care Courses – CHC30113 and CHC50113
• Individual Support Courses – CHC33015
• Financial Services Courses – FNS40615, FNS40215, and FNS50215
After completing the latest TAE40116 course, learners can continue their studies with:
• TAE50116 – Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
• TAE50216 – Diploma of Training Design and Development
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is comprised of 10 course units, including 9 core units PLUS 1 elective unit. We have organised these units into three major areas of TAE: Design, Delivery, and Assessment.
TAEDES401 – Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402 – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402 – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 – Assess competence
TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills
BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
To support you in your studies Inspire Education will provide:
• Access to a student account in Inspire’s online student portal and learning management system
• Comprehensive learning and assessment materials
• Easy-to-follow assessment workbooks
• Simulations (where applicable)
• Templates, handouts, and FAQs
• Webinar schedule and registration
• Pre-recorded webinars
• Vocational Placement Pack
• Other helpful tools and resources
• Qualified assessor to provide observation and feedback for delivery facilitation projects^
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
• Where possible, access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
• A Computer with Internet access with a reliable speed of at least 5mbps
• Google Chrome (recommended browser), MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications; and Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent application
• Headset and webcam for online workshop participation
• Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder) or a TAE qualified assessor* to provide observation and feedback for delivery facilitation projects
• Access to at least 8 adult learners for conducting delivery projects^
• A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) qualified to train and assess for Vocational Placement
• A qualified assessor* under the chosen Vocational Placement to supervise assessments^
*Qualified assessor: A VET practitioner qualified to provide assessment in accordance with Clauses 1.13-1.16 of Standards for RTOs 2015.
^These are provided by Inspire Education in the 4-week Intensive Online Workshop delivery ONLY.
To successfully complete this qualification, the candidate will need to initiate contact with an approved Registered Training Organisation to complete workplace-based experience and solidify practical experience and skills relevant to the qualification.
Where the student is already working in an RTO, they may nominate their workplace for the purposes of completing of the Skills Workbook requirements. The workplace must meet requirements of Workplace Approval Checklist. The workplace must be also approved by the Vocational Placement Coordinator.
The placement provider must provide access to:
• A qualified assessor
• Assessment of 5 candidates within the vocational education and training context against at least 1 accredited unit of competency
– Assessment 3 candidates via the training and assessment pathway
– Assessment of 2 candidates using the Recognition of Prior Learning pathway
– Making a reasonable adjustment in the assessment of at least 1 candidate
• Assessment tools and recording materials
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. The learners will use the new and latest TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment RPL Kit/Evidence Guides provided by Inspire Education to gather and submit their evidence and assess competence.
See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Learners enrolling in the TAE40116 course must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
They are required to complete a Vocational Competency Evaluation to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. It is also recommended that they:
• Are 18 years or older
• Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
• Have basic computer skills
The learners are also required to:
• Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI);
• Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature;
• Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation; and
• Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
Inspire Education has adopted a “clustered” approach for our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course. This means we have divided our courses into just three workbooks and a skills logbook.
This means you will have only four workbooks to submit to complete your course–design cluster workbook, delivery cluster workbook, assessment cluster workbook, and the skills logbook! By using this “holistic” approach our students are able to study at a good pace because information is not duplicated.
Recommended Study Hours: This course has a 12-month duration and has up to 1201 expected study hours, depending on your existing knowledge and experience. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
• Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 1201 hours. Total volume of learning may be up to 1790 hours.
• Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 981 hours.
• Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one year or more. Study hours is up to 748 hours.
• Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment who are currently working in the vocational education sector. Study hours is up to 600 hours.
For the 4-week Intensive Online Workshop delivery, Inspire Education has identified two student cohorts:
• Beginner Cohort – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 600 hours
• Intermediate Cohort – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Includes candidates holding the BSZ40198 Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment who are currently working in the vocational education sector. Study hours is up to 480 hours.
Assessment Methods: Assessment is conducted using a combination of written questions and activities, Case studies, and projects to give you maximum opportunity to develop your knowledge in training and assessment. It also includes direct observation and skills logbook for the vocational placement.
Completion of Requirements: Upon successful completion of all assessment requirements in the course, you will be issued with the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from Inspire Education, which is the current and latest qualification from the 2016 TAE Training Package.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Online/Distance-Learning Course – Anywhere in Australia!||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Online Course Timetable|
|Queensland TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Brisbane Timetable|
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Gold Coast Timetable
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Townsville Timetable
|New South Wales TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Sydney Timetable|
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Newcastle Timetable
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Wollongong Timetable
|Victoria TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Melbourne Timetable|
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Geelong Timetable
|Western Australia TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Perth Timetable|
|Australian Capital Territory TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Canberra Timetable|
|South Australia TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Course Adelaide Timetable|
1. The Ultimate Guide to a Training and Assessment Career
2. TAE40116 Online Courses – Where Are They?
3. TAE40116 Course Update | Cert IV In Training And Assessment
4. TAE40116 Face To Face And Online Courses: What’s The Difference?
5. Student Reviews for Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
*February Promotions consist of 'OFFER 1: Get any 2 certificate courses for just $2500' and 'OFFER 2: Enrol this month and receive a $300 Voucher for your next course with Inspire Education'. These offers are valid only for courses delivered by Inspire Education and cannot be redeemed for courses delivered by other RTOs. February Promotions are subject to the full Terms and Conditions included and explained in the free course Information Pack. .
^To enrol now, pay only the upfront fee and take advantage of easy monthly payments for the remaining course balance. View the course information pack for complete pricing details.
Your Free Info Pack Will Include:
By submitting this form, you agree to our
Your Free (TAE40116) Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Info Pack Will Include: