Safe Online Delivery!
“Extended Lockdown Support” On NOW!
Only $1490 for Diploma Training
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 3 Days.
Your FREE Diploma of Training Design and Development Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
Stay Compliant! Starting 1 January 2017, all TAE trainers and assessors will be required to hold the Diploma of Training Design and Development (or the Diploma of VET), as mandated by the Standards for RTOs 2015. Without a TAE Diploma, you will only be allowed to train and assess in TAE if you are supervised by a Diploma-qualified trainer.
Save yourself from the madness of training under supervision every day by enrolling in the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development today! Remain a fully qualified trainer and advance your skills at the same time with this nationally recognised TAE Diploma.
Just imagine having the skills to confidently manage an RTO, provide training and assessment consultation, become a training product developer or pursue a range of other professional opportunities in the training industry!
This Diploma course is an ideal qualification to build on your vocational experience and previous training with more advanced design and development skills. Equip yourself with the abilities required to become a training designer, move into training and assessing consulting roles, work as a learning and development manager or pursue a range of training and assessment related careers.
The Diploma of Training Design and Development will give you that extra ‘edge’ to pursue the jobs you want in the highly competitive training industry.
Where Can the Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50216) Take Your Career?
The Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50216) is perfect for those wanting to advance their training development career to the next level and engage in careers such as:
- Trainer/ Assessor
- Assessment Developer
- Training Needs Analyst
- Assessment Validator
- RTO Officer
Looking at Australia’s vocational education teacher jobs outlook and training-related jobs outloook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Diploma of Training Design and Development can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|TAE50216||Diploma of Training Design and Development|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 1020 hours
||Start any time!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Diploma Training Design course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this TAE50216 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Diploma Training Design and Development (TAE50216) Course?
This training design and development qualification incorporates core competencies such as designing and developing assessment tools, learning strategies and learning resources, and organisational training needs analysis. You will also develop abilities in specialist areas like e-learning, advanced assessment practice, and evaluating training programs.
Completing this course requires extensive access to learners and training environments. It is recommended that you be working in training or have extensive access to learners and training environments.
There are no formal prerequisite units required to study this diploma training course. However, you must have access to an RTO where you can deliver and assess qualifications, skill sets, and units of competency for the completion of this course. It is also strongly recommended that you have a TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus vocational experience OR extensive vocational experience in training and assessment roles in an RTO or similar organisation focusing on competency-based training and assessment.
Also, it is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is comprised of 10 units – 5 core units and 5 elective units. Our elective course units have been carefully chosen to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of professional training roles.
Unit Clustering: Inspire Education has clustered the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development into just 3 easy-to-follow workbooks – Design, Delivery, and Assessment. This is to help you gain an understanding and complete your course faster by reducing duplicate content and assessing any learning objectives that overlap across units just once.
TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
TAEDES501 – Design and develop learning strategies
TAEDES502 – Design and develop learning resources
TAEDES505 – Evaluate a training program
TAETAS501 – Undertake organisational training needs analysis
TAEASS501 – Provide advanced assessment practice
TAEASS503 – Lead assessment validation processes
TAEDEL502 – Provide advanced facilitation practice
TAEPDD501 – Maintain and enhance professional practice
TAELLN501 – Support the development of adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies, you will need to have access to:
- Access to a VET workplace, which includes access to a full range of physical resources usually provided to a facilitator of a training program, in a registered training organisation (RTO)
- A Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome Web
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Workplace Tools and Experience:
- Relevant organisational policies, procedures, workplace documents and texts
- LLN tools
- Assessment tool templates and planning documents
- One (1) Training Needs Analysis plan
- One (1) assessment tool to validate
- Five (5) completed student assessments (must show at least two (2) tools and/or instruments)
- At least one hundred (100) hours of facilitation in an RTO
- Assessment of at least twenty (20) individuals against at least (1) unit of competency each – the total of assessed units must be at least fifty (50) units (can be the same unit/s)
- Relevant people from the workplace, including:
- Supervisors, managers, compliance officers, etc.
- Specialist LLN practitioners for consultation and collaboration
- Two (2) colleagues to observe during class facilitation
- Two (2) colleagues who will observe during student’s class facilitation
- Two (2) trainers and two (2) assessors who are less experienced than the student
- At least five (5) colleagues to conduct assessment trial and review, moderation and validation with (at least one (1) of the validating peers must be qualified to deliver and assess the unit being validated)
- A qualified observer who holds TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language, literacy and numeracy skills; AND TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or its successor (for students unable to secure the qualified observer, they would need a video-recording device)
- At least ten (10) learners for facilitation activities, two (2) of which must have different complex LLN needs
- Five (5) potential learners to discuss LLN backgrounds, three (3) of which will undertake LLN evaluations and LLN needs analysis
NOTE: Due to the large number of industry relevant practical assessment tasks, it is strongly recommended you either be currently working in a training role within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector or have extensive access to VET learners and training environments when studying towards this qualification.
Course Outline & Structure
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development course is the latest nationally recognised and accredited Australian training and education course. Taking this qualification is an ideal way to develop your training career if you are involved in vocational training or assessing, designing training programs to meet the needs of learners and workplaces, and organisational training needs analysis.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours up to 1020 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. This includes individuals working as course writers or instructional designers for RTOs and individuals who have worked as Trainer/Assessor in an RTO for 1-2 years. This also includes individuals who hold the TAA50104 Diploma in Training and Assessment. Study hours is up to 820 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one year or more. This includes individuals who have worked as an RTO manager without recent industry experience or as a Trainer/Assessor either in an RTO or in an RTO setting for more than 2 years. Study hours is up to 540 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes individuals already holding the TAE50211 Diploma of Training Design and Development or the TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training who have recent, relevant work experience. Study hours is up to 414 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Portfolio (e.g. written documents, photographs, videos, logbooks), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Diploma of Accounting, you are now qualified for a career in financial services. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Training Designer
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.