Become A Qualified Trainer!
“New Year, New Career” Intake On NOW!
Only $990 - latest Cert IV TAE.
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 7 Days.
Your FREE Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is Australia’s latest trainer and assessor qualification. It is designed for those who seek new training skills and credentials for their current job, those who want to get qualified for a new career in training and assessment, those that wish to formalise and enhance their training and delivery skills, and those that want to start a new business as a training organisation.
Completing Inspire Education’s (RTO# 32067) Certificate IV in Training and Assessment online, or face-to-face at locations throughout Australia – will give you the skills and qualification you need to apply for a broad range of teaching and training and assessing roles in a huge range of workplaces and industries.
Whether you study your Cert IV TAE course with us online, or at our workshops throughout Australia – successful completion will mean you are able to train and assess accredited training throughout Australia in your area of expertise.
During this training and assessment course, you will gain a range of critical skills including training design, delivery, and assessment. You’ll learn to design and develop learning programs and assessment tools, and use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs. Additionally, you’ll learn to plan, organise, facilitate, and deliver training in the workplace for both individual and groups – as well as for students wanting to gain qualifications in virtually every industry.
The Cert IV TAE is Australia’s leading “train the trainer” courses, and will give you the skills, knowledge, and qualification you need to deliver quality workplace training in virtually any organisation, This may include schools, training organisations, TAFEs, not-for-profits, businesses and corporations, government institutes, and any other organisation requiring qualified trainers and assessors, both large and small.
Where Can the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Take Your Career?
Australia’s TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is Australia’s nationally-accredited training and assessment qualifications, designed for people wanting a range of jobs, such as:
- Qualified Trainer and Assessor
- TAFE Teacher
- Training Advisor
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor
- Enterprise Trainer
- Vocation Education Teacher in a School
- Instructional Designer
- Trainer in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Learning and Development Professional
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Those Wanting to Start their Own RTO business
- Training and Development Professional
- Any career that requires a Professional Trainer skill-set
Looking at Australia’s vocational education teacher jobs outlook and training-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|TAE40116||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 900 hours depending on your experience|
||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!
Check out our timetables for workshop courses schedule
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire offers SIX flexible delivery options for you to undertake the TAE40116 in the way that suits you best. All delivery methods have a 12-month course duration, except for the TAE40110 to TAE40116 Upgrade, wherein you will be given up to 3 months to complete, and the intensive online workshop, wherein you’ll be given up to 6 months.
1. Mixed Mode Delivery – Complete your Cert IV in Training and Assessment course through a combination of online learning, face to face webinars, and workplace learning
2. Face to Face Blended Workshop – A combination of 1-week, 2-week, 3-week, or 4-week face-to-face Cert IV TAE workshops to ‘kick start’ your TAE course, and commence a significant portion + self-paced learning + all resources in the mixed mode delivery.
- 1-Week ‘Kickstarter’ Delivery
Kick start your training and set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day face-to-face TAE workshop with an expert trainer! During the workshop, you will be introduced to fundamental concepts about Training and Assessment and undertake several of the core projects in the first subject (Design Cluster). Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced online learning
- 2-Week ‘Breakthrough’ Delivery
Break through a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day face-to-face trainer and assessor course workshops. You will undertake more workbooks tasks, including conducting demo training sessions in class (no need to spend time organising your own venue and recruiting new learners!), plus everything in the 1-week workshop. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced online learning
- 3-Week ‘Maximiser’ Delivery
Maximise your study time by attending three (3) 5-day face-to-face TAE workshops. In addition to the activities covered in the 2-week workshop, you will also go through the critical tasks and projects in the third subject (Assessment Cluster) under your trainer’s assistance and direction. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced online learning
- 4-Week ‘Intensive’ Delivery
Fast-track your training by attending four (4) intensive 5-day face-to-face TAE workshops. With the expert guidance of your trainers, you will assess other learners in a real vocational setting and conduct group-based delivery sessions to complete the workplace training of the course (no need to arrange placement with another RTO!), plus everything covered in the 3-week delivery
3. COVID-19 Safe Online Workshop – Stay safe at home during the pandemic as you attend a combination of 1-week, 2-week, 3-week, or 4-week online Certificate IV in Training and Assessment workshops to ‘kick start’ your course and commence a significant portion + self-paced learning + all resources in the mixed mode delivery.
- 1-Week ‘Kickstarter’ Delivery
Kick start your training and set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day online TAE workshop with an expert trainer! During the workshop, you will be introduced to fundamental concepts about Training and Assessment and undertake several of the core projects in the first subject (Design Cluster). Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced online learning
- 2-Week ‘Breakthrough’ Delivery
Break through a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day online trainer and assessor course workshops. You will undertake more workbooks tasks, including conducting demo training sessions in class (no need to spend time organising your own venue and recruiting new learners!), plus everything in the 1-week workshop. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced online learning
- 3-Week ‘Maximiser’ Delivery
Maximise your study time by attending three (3) 5-day online TAE workshops. In addition to the activities covered in the 2-week workshop, you will also go through the critical tasks and projects in the third subject (Assessment Cluster) under your trainer’s assistance and direction. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced online learning
- 4-Week ‘Intensive’ Delivery
Fast-track your training by attending four (4) intensive 5-day online TAE workshops. With the expert guidance of your trainers, you will assess other learners in a real vocational setting and conduct group-based delivery sessions to complete the workplace training of the course (no need to arrange placement with another RTO!), plus everything covered in the 3-week delivery
4. Australia Wide Online Evening Workshops – Give yourself that extra guidance of the classroom easily slotted into a busy schedule with 2 evening sessions a week for 10 weeks (20 sessions total) + self-paced learning of up to 12 months
5. Intensive Online Evening Workshops – Enrol into an intensive Cert IV TAE course even with a full day schedule. This delivery allows you to get full trainer guidance with two 3-hour evening workshops per week for 28 weeks. The intakes are split into 4 terms, there are no classes during national holidays, and you’ll be done with all practical assessments after attending all classes!
6. TAE40110 to TAE40116 Upgrade – Use your existing TAE40110 Cert IV Training and Assessment to fast-track to the latest TAE40116 qualification; you may read upgrade instructions here
Inspire has TAE workshops running throughout the year in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and other major cities. Get the latest workshop timetables by claiming a free course information pack.
Doing the Cert IV TAE40116 also requires completion of specified competency standards and assessment requirements in a vocational workplace.
Please read our Complaints and Appeals Policies, Refund Policy and other policies and procedures in the Inspire Education Student Handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
NOTE: For Breakthrough and Maximiser Workshops, please allow at least thirty (30) days between each weekly workshop for at-home study to gain the best learning outcome.
What Will You Learn in the TAE40116 Cert IV TAE Course?
By the time you finish your new Cert IV TAE (TAE40116) with us, you will have a sound understanding of the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) industry and training packages.
You will also develop skills in all key areas of Training and Assessment including design, delivery, and assessment. You will learn to design learning programs, deliver and assess training in one-on-one and group settings, and participate in assessment validation.
The latest Training and Assessment course includes 2 new units, the TAELLN411 and the TAEASS502.
- The TAELLN411 unit is designed to develop skills and knowledge required of a vocational trainer or assessor to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment; and to use resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group. It was formerly available only as an optional elective unit in the TAE40110 course.
- The TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools is a Diploma level unit aimed at developing skills and knowledge required to design and to develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
Learners enrolling in the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed training and assessment area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
They are required to complete a Vocational Competency Evaluation to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area.
It is also recommended that they:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
The learners are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI);
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature;
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation; and
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is suitable for anyone looking to enter job roles which relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector.
Once enrolled in this course you may also consider additional training to complement your training and assessment skills and allow you to train in a specialist area, such as:
- Work Health and Safety Courses – BSB41419 and BSB51319
- Project Management Courses – BSB41515 and BSB51415
- Business Admin or Human Resources Courses – BSB41015 and BSB40515
- Early Childhood Education and Care Courses – CHC30113 and CHC50113
- Individual Support Courses – CHC33015
- Financial Services Courses – FNS40217 and FNS50217
- 10773NAT Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support (superseded by CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support)
After completing the latest TAE40116 course, learners can continue their studies with:
- TAE50216 – Diploma of Training Design and Development
- TAE50116 – Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE80316 – Graduate Certificate in Digital Education
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is comprised of 10 course units, including 9 core units PLUS 1 elective unit. We have organised these units into three major areas of TAE: Design, Delivery, and Assessment.
TAEDES401 – Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402 – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402 – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 – Assess competence
TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills
BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire Education will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Online, Cert IV in Training and Assessment Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Online, and other (if/where applicable) Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- A Computer with Internet access through Google Chrome; MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications; and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Headset and webcam (optional) for online workshop participation
- Printer and scanner for use of template documents
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder) or a TAE qualified assessor* to provide observation and feedback for delivery facilitation projects
- Access to at least eight (8) adult learners for conducting delivery projects^
- A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) qualified to train and assess for Workplace Training
- A qualified assessor* under the chosen Workplace Training to supervise assessments^
*Qualified assessor: A VET practitioner qualified to provide assessment in accordance with Clauses 1.13-1.16 of Standards for RTOs 2015.
^These are provided by Inspire Education in the 4-week Intensive Online Workshop delivery ONLY.
Course Outline & Structure
Inspire Education has adopted a “clustered” approach for our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course. This means we have divided our courses into just three workbooks and a skills logbook.
This means you will have only four workbooks to submit to complete your course–design cluster workbook, delivery cluster workbook, assessment cluster workbook, and the skills logbook! By using this “holistic” approach our students are able to study at a good pace because information is not duplicated.
As the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is online, you can study from all major cities, including Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth — in fact, any town or city in Australia as assessments are submitted through our student portal.
Recommended Study Hours: This course has a 12-month duration and has up to 900 expected study hours, depending on your existing knowledge and experience. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 900 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 690 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one year or more. Study hours is up to 430 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment who are currently working in the vocational education sector. Study hours is up to 363 hours
For the 4-week Intensive Online Workshop delivery, Inspire Education has identified two student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 860 hours
- Intermediate Cohort – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Includes candidates holding the BSZ40198 Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment who are currently working in the vocational education sector. Study hours is up to 650 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Portfolio (e.g. written documents, photographs, videos, logbooks), Direct Observation* (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Completion of Requirements: Upon successful completion of all assessment requirements in the course, you will be issued with the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from Inspire Education, which is the current and latest qualification from the 2016 TAE Training Package.
To successfully complete this trainer and assessor qualification, the candidate will need to initiate contact with an approved Registered Training Organisation to complete workplace-based experience and solidify practical experience and skills relevant to the qualification.
Where the student is already working in an RTO, they may nominate their workplace for the purposes of completing of the Skills Workbook requirements. The workplace must meet requirements of Workplace Approval Checklist. The workplace must be also approved by the Vocational Placement Coordinator.
The workplace training provider must provide access to:
- A qualified assessor* (*Qualified assessor: A VET practitioner qualified to provide assessment in accordance with Clauses 1.13-1.16 of Standards for RTOs 2015)
- Assessment of five (5) candidates within the Vocational Education and Training (VET) context against at least one (1) endorsed or accredited unit of competency:
– Assessment of four (4) candidates via the Training and Assessment Pathway
– Assessment of at least one (1) candidate using the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Process
– Making reasonable adjustment in the assessment of at least one (1) out of the five (5) candidates
- Assessment tools and recording materials
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. The learners will use the new and latest TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment RPL Kit/Evidence Guides provided by Inspire Education to gather and submit their evidence and assess competence.
See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you are now qualified to become a Trainer and Assessor. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor
- Trainer and Assessor
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor
Training and Assessment
News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.