Safe Online Delivery!
March Pricing and Promotions* On NOW!
Up to 40% Savings for Cert III in Ed Support
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 31st March.
Your FREE Certificate III in Education Support Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options
✓ Latest Timetable Information
The CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support is Australia’s latest teachers aide course. It is designed for those seeking work with children in an educational setting, to help their learning, support additional needs, and help then develop literacy and numeracy skills in children, and young people.
Inspire’s online Certificate III in Education Support will give you core skills you need to widen your job options, to apply for jobs in a range of childcare, school, and educational institutions and settings.
During this teachers assistant course, you will gain a range of vital skills needed by those seeking education support jobs, such as a teachers aide, teacher assistant, or educational assistant.
You will learn many different ways to assist children in a classroom setting, including their behaviour, education, learning; and support the development of their literacy, oral language, and numeracy skills. Additionally, you will learn about the framework of an education environment, and how to support students with additional needs, or disabilities.
This online teachers aide course will help equip you with the skills and knowledge to make a positive difference in the lives of children.
Where Can the Certificate III in Education Support Take Your Career?
This Cert III in Education Support is the most current nationally recognised and accredited teacher assistant course. It is ideal for anyone seeking jobs in a school, educational institution, or education support setting, such as becoming a:
- Teacher Aide
- Teacher Assistant
- Educational Assistant
- Integration Aide
- Home Tutors
- Learning Support Officer
- Education Support Worker
- School Support Officer
- Aboriginal Education Officer
- Special Needs Educational Assistant
- Special Needs Teacher Aide
- Educational Aide
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|CHC30213||Certificate III in Education Support|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 months||Up to 940 hours (including the Vocational Placement)|
||Start any time for online learning!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers this course through Mixed Mode Delivery, which means it will be self-paced and completed via distance education using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
We have a continual intake of students on this basis, meaning you can enrol and start your course straight away! In this delivery method students are able to complete their training from anywhere in Australia. This means you can study from wherever you are in the country including rural areas and major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, or Adelaide. This online course allows you to work and study at your own pace whenever it is convenient for you.
COVID-19 Safe Online Workshop delivery is also available for this course. Stay at home during this pandemic as you attend workshops set in virtual classrooms. You may choose between the options below:
- 1-Week Workshop – Set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day online workshop with an expert trainer! During the workshop, you will undertake several of the core projects and requirements of this course, including portfolio and case study assessment activities
- 2-Week Workshop – Breakthrough a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day online workshops. You will undertake more of case study and portfolio tasks, plus everything in the 1-week workshop
- 3-Week Workshop – Maximise your time and study in the most efficient way possible by attending three (3) 5-day online workshops. You will conduct all remaining critical assessment tasks, including skills workbook activities and reporting, plus everything in the 1-week and 2-week workshops
- 4-Week Workshop – Fast track your training and gain your qualification sooner by attending four (4) 5-day online workshops. Achieve your qualification in the shortest possible time frame as you continue working on more case studies, written questions, and skills workbook activities
The schedules are as follows:
|WEEK 1||WEEK 2||WEEK 3||WEEK 4|
All online workshop delivery options come with up to 12 months self-paced online learning.
Course Duration: Students have up to 12 months from their commencement date to achieve all learning outcomes & assessments for this online education support course.
You can find our student policies and procedures on the Inspire Education student handbook by clicking here.
What Will You Learn in this Teachers Aide Course?
This CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support online teachers aide course will prepare you for a rewarding career working with children in an educational setting.
You will learn critical skills and knowledge needed by a teachers aide, teacher assistant, or educational assistant in a range of educational facilities, to assist teachers in the classroom help ensure all children have the help they need.
This includes learning how to assist in implementing education programs, contribute to organisation and management of a classroom or centre, and contribute to student education in all areas of development. You will also leave how to provide support to children with disabilities or additional needs, and support children’s behaviour, and their development of literacy and numeracy skills.
Additionally, you will learn to work effectively with students, colleagues, and a diverse range of people, including promoting their safety, and the safety of indigenous Australians.
In summary, you will gain skills to become a “powerful force of good” – working toward a job where every day you assist teachers and to help children learn, develop, and grow..
Follow your passion – and start you online teachers aide course, today!
There are no formal prerequisites required to enter this qualification. However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English and Math, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
- Obtain a positive National Criminal History Check
- Obtain an eligibility for relevant Working with Children Check (state-based)
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support will help you develop the skills and knowledge to apply for entry level jobs as a Teacher’s Aide or similar roles.
Once you have completed this course, you may continue your training in this field with the:
- CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
To enable further career advancement into supervisor roles, entry into broad-based community education settings, other support specialisations.
Other courses that may complement your Education Support qualifications include:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
To work as an early childhood educator in long day care or family day care environments
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
To see employment in supervisory or managerial roles in the Early Childhood Education sector
The CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support has 17 total units comprised of 12 core units and 5 elective units. All elective units in this education support qualification were chosen to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of education professionals.
These units are clustered into 6 workbooks to provide a more holistic learning experience, and reduce ‘doubling-up’ of assessment tasks in two or more course units. This may help you complete your qualification faster.
CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
CHCEDS001 – Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
CHCEDS002 – Assist implementation of planned educational programs
CHCEDS003 – Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
CHCEDS004 – Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
CHCEDS005 – Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
CHCEDS006 – Support the development of numeracy skills
CHCEDS007 – Work effectively with students and colleagues
CHCEDS017 – Contribute to the health and safety of students
CHCEDS018 – Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCEDS011 – Search and assess online information
CHCEDS016 – Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment
CHCEDS025 – Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Basic assessment and diagnostic tools such as forms, records, inventories, checklists and surveys
- Sample individual education plans (IEP), diagnostic reports, and other assessment and diagnostic materials
- Work health and safety (WHS) industry guides and other relevant organisation policy, protocols and procedures
- Information about accreditation standards
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- A video recording device
- Audio recording device (where necessary)
- At least two (2) volunteers for assessment tasks
Course Outline & Structure
Inspire Education (RTO #32067) will provide you first-class training and student support while you undertake your studies in the CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support.
You will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation as part of your enrolment. You will then be provided with a training plan that identifies your Cohort, taking into account your existing level of relevant knowledge and skills. The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 4 Cohorts:
- Beginner (Full Study Model) – Limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 940 hours
- Intermediate (Partial Study Model) – Moderate relevant knowledge and skill with limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 800 hours
- Advanced (Partial Recognition Pathway) – Extensive relevant knowledge and skill with recent related industry work experience of 1 year or more. Study hours is up to 640 hours
- Expert (Assessment only) – Current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. Study hours is up to 437 hours
Expected Study Hours: This online education support course has an expected study time of up to 940 hours (including Vocational Placement), depending on your industry experience. Students can work at their own pace and complete the course faster if they like.
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Portfolio (e.g. written documents, photographs, videos, logbooks), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
You must complete a vocational placement in an approved educational environment and support children from ages 5 to 18 years, in order to gain the CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support. These include facilities such as:
- Government or Private schools (pre-primary, primary, and secondary)
- Education Centres
- Special Education Centres
- Community Educational Centres
You need to complete a minimum of 100 hours up to a maximum of 240 hours to fulfil the vocational placement requirement and complete your study. This work placement will allow you to gain practical workplace-based experience and solidify the skills you will learn in your teaching assistant course.
To view what is required by your Vocational Placement Provider, click here >> Vocational Placement FAQs
The Vocational Placement Provider must provide access to a workplace in an education environment, including:
- Indoor and outdoor activity areas
- Access to documents specific to the work context, such as:
- Lesson plans and classroom programs
- Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- School forms, job descriptions, student records (for student profile portfolio), school policies and procedures, and student handbook
- Access to the following people:
- At least two (2) students – each with a special learning need in a different domain and each assigned with a specific Individual Education Plan
- At least two (2) students – each with a special need and/or specific disability and each assigned with a specific Individual Education Plan (Note: May be the same students, provided that they meet the assessment requirements (see assessment requirements for CHCDIS007 and CHCEDS018)
- At least one (1) colleague – a person who is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or one who has worked closely with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people and communities
Note: Students are required to complete a Police Check, Blue Card or Working With Children Check, and additional manual handling training prior to commencing their vocational placement at their chosen facility. Any costs will be shouldered by the student. For students planning to do their vocational placement, the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) recommends immunisation for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and influenza.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Any Learner who has completed any formal or informal training or gained work experience relevant to this education support qualification may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. When applying for RPL, you must provide sufficient evidence of competency for the units offered in this Certificate III in Education Support online course.
To apply for RPL for the Certificate III in Education Support, simply indicate on your enrolment form your intent to apply for RPL. You will then receive an RPL Kit and a call from your Trainer and RPL Assessor to help you collect evidence and identify RPL opportunities. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
^To enrol now, pay only the Upfront fee and take advantage of easy monthly payments for the remaining course balance. View the course information pack for complete pricing details.