Safe Online Delivery!
“EOFY Last Chance Sale” On NOW!
Only $1490 for Diploma Project Management
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 2 Days.
Your FREE Diploma in Project Management Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management is one of Australia’s leading diploma-level project management courses. Being the latest nationally-accredited course, it is ideal for those that need strong project management skills for their current role, want to gain new skills, wishes to apply for a promotion, and those that want a new job that requires strong project management knowledge.
Inspire Education’s (RTO# 32067) diploma-level project management training is designed to give you the advanced skills you need to propel your career forward in jobs, across a range of sectors!
During this course, you’ll learn how to manage project scope, time, quality, procurement, cost, human resources, and risk. Additionally, you’ll learn how to manage project information and communication, stakeholder engagement, and how to manage team effectiveness.
Where Can the Diploma of Project Management Take Your Career?
Time to gain the job that you have always wanted? This Diploma of Project Management online course is perfect for those wishing to become a:
- Program or Project Administrator
- Project Contract Manager
- Project Leader/Team Leader
- Project Manage (Industry specific)
- Project Vendor Manager
Looking at Australia’s project administrator jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Diploma of Project Management can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Other parties may recruit students of Inspire Education under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB50820||Diploma of Project Management|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 930 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode Delivery||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Diploma Project Management course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB50820 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in this Diploma of Project Management Online Course?
The BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management is designed to teach you advanced skills to make sure you know the best methods to manage projects effectively.
You will learn how to manage all aspects of projects, including the management of project scope, cost, time, quality, risk, human resources, and procurement. Additionally, you will gain skills to manage engagement with project stakeholders, project integration, information and communication, and team effectiveness.
Ultimately, the Diploma of Project Management will ensure you have the skills and knowledge you need to manage projects effectively and confidently – across virtually any industry, or sector.
Turn your dreams into a reality… start your BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management today!
There are no formal prerequisites to enrol in this qualification. However, it is preferred that you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management is an ideal qualification if you are seeking to build on your previous experience or training with more advanced project management skills. This course is a suitable training path if you have already completed a BSB40920 – Certificate IV in Project Management qualification and want to continue your studies in this area.
Once enrolled in this course, you may also consider additional training to complement your Project Management skillset:
The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management is comprised of 12 units – 8 core units and 4 elective units. This project management course covers all facets of effectively managing projects and achieving goals and objectives. Our elective units have been selected to ensure you have a well-rounded set of project management skills useful in a wide variety of roles.
- BSBPMG530 – Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531 – Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 – Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533 – Manage project cost
- BSBPMG534 – Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG535 – Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG536 – Manage project risk
- BSBPMG540 – Manage project integration
- BSBPMG537 – Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG538 – Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPEF501 – Manage personal and professional development
- BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness
The BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management supersedes and is equivalent to the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Printer and scanner
- Headset for webinar participation (optional)
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder)
- An active email address
- Application for taking screenshots (e.g. SnagIt, Windows Screenshot, etc.)
- Work management systems, including but not limited to cloud-based applications (e.g. SharePoint, OneDrive, Google files)
- Shared calendars (Outlook calendar, Google calendar)
- Project Management Software (e.g. Microsoft Project, Wrike, Project Libre, etc.) OR a spreadsheet application (MS Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Organisation policies, procedures, and documents (for students selecting the workplace pathway)
- A quiet space to undertake roleplay activities such as meetings
- At least four (4) volunteers for roleplay tasks
- Opportunities to:
- Participate in development activities
- Organise personal and professional development activities
- Implement techniques to manage workplace health and wellbeing
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: The project management course has an expected study time of 930 hours, depending on your industry experience.
To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area. The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in a project leadership role without any previously completed formal qualifications; also those who may be unemployed or looking for a career change; study hours is up to 930 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in a project leadership role without any previously completed formal qualification, but may have some minor or contract project management experience for less than a year; also those who may have previously completed a Certificate IV within the BSB Training Package; study hours is up to 705 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners who have worked in the past in a project leadership role but does not have any recent industry experience; also those who may be working as a project leader for their own business without any formal qualification for at least a year; also those who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification, such as the BSB51413/BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management; study hours is up to 480 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – includes learners who are currently working in a project leadership role in a variety of contexts and/or changing landscapes or similar roles for the last 3 years; study hours is up to 460 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaires, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, self-evaluation) and Product-based Methods* (e.g. project, practical assessment, case study, structured tasks).
*Dual Pathways – students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management, you can now solidify your project management skills and knowledge, and take on relevant career paths. Career information provided by My Skills say that people who complete the course can be employed as:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Project Contracts Managers
News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.