Safe Online Delivery!
“EOFY-Presale Intake” On NOW!
Only $690 Upfront^ for Cert IV Project Management
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 3 Days.
Your FREE Certificate IV in Project Management Practice Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is one of Australia’s most popular, entry-level, project management courses. Being nationally-accredited, it is ideal for anyone that needs skills for their current role, wants to gain new skills, those wishing to apply for a promotion, and those that want a new job that requires project management knowledge.
Inspire Education’s (RTO# 32067) project management training is designed to give you the extra skills you need to propel your career forward, across a range of sectors!
During this course, you’ll learn how to apply project scope, time, and quality management techniques. Additionally, you’ll learn about project cost management, human resources management approaches, communication, risk management, procurement, and life cycle management processes and techniques.
Where Can this Project Management Course Take Your Career?
Most people doing this training course do so to get project management skills they can apply to their current job and sector or to get a promotion. Others are seeking new jobs and careers.
This Certificate IV in Project Management online course will help you develop many critical skills for those wishing to become a:
- Program or Project Administration
- Project Coordinator
- Project Officer
- Project Analyst
- Project Records Officer
Looking at Australia’s project administrator jobs outlook and project management-related jobs will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Other parties may recruit students to Inspire Education under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB40920||Certificate IV in Project Management Practice|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 675 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode Delivery||Start right away!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB40920 Cert IV in Project Management Practice online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Project Management course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB40920 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in this Certificate IV in Project Management Online Course?
The BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice has been designed to equip you with an important set of marketable project management skills.
This course covers techniques on project scope, human resources management, quality management, project life cycle, procurement procedures, information management, cost management and more. It has been developed in consultation with industry, trainers & assessors and with feedback from learners to ensure that it is accessible to students and relevant in the industry.
You can start applying your skills learned, straight away – because the course is designed for you to apply your project management techniques on a real project at work!
There are no prerequisites required to enter the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice. It is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The qualification is ideal for those entering the world of project management, or developing and formalising their skills to take on more challenges.
Once enrolled in the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice course, you may also consider additional training to complement your project management and business development skillsets:
The BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice is comprised 9 course units – 3 core units and 6 elective units. This course covers the skills required in order to effectively apply project management techniques to participate in the project management process and achieve project goals.
- BSBPMG420 – Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG421 – Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG422 – Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG423 – Apply project cost management techniques
- BSBPMG424 – Apply project human resources management approaches
- BSBPMG425 – Apply project information management and communications techniques
- BSBPMG426 – Apply project risk management techniques
- BSBPMG427 – Apply project procurement procedures
- BSBPMG428 – Apply project life cycle management processes
The BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice supersedes and is equivalent to the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing assessments
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Printer and scanner
- Active email address
- Headset for webinar participation (optional)
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder)
- Video conference application (e.g. Zoom, Skype, etc.)
- A safe place to conduct roleplay activities (e.g. meeting room)
- Three (3) volunteers for roleplay activities
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 675 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in an entry-level project management role without any previously completed formal qualifications; also learners who may be unemployed or looking for a career change; study hours is up to 675 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in an entry-level project management role without any previously completed formal qualification, but may have some work experience related to leadership, management, or business for less than a year; also learners who are currently employed and seeking career advancement; also learners who previously completed a Certificate III qualification within the BSB Training Package; study hours is up to 535 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners who have previously worked in any of the roles below, but without recent industry experience; also learners who may be working in a project management role for their own business without any formal qualifications for at least a year; also learners who have completed the BSB41513/BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice; study hours is up to 395 hours
- Project administrator/coordinator
- Project officer
- Project analyst
- Project records officer
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – includes learners currently working in an entry-level project management role or any similar roles for the last 3 years; also those who have completed the BSB41513/BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice and practicing in a workplace; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 288 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaires, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, self-evaluation) and Product-based Methods (e.g. project, practical assessment, case study, structured tasks).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice, you solidify your management qualifications. Career information provided by My Skills says that people who complete the course are most often employed as:
- Clerical and administrative workers (37.1%)
- Professionals (26.9%)
- Managers (20.4%)
News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.