Safe Online Delivery!
"August Safety Career Intake" On NOW!
Up to 56% Off Diploma WHS
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 30th August.
Your FREE Diploma of Work Health and Safety Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety (Diploma WHS) is Australia’s most popular nationally recognised diploma of WHS course.
Inspire Education’s (RTO# 32067) course is ideal for those that already have a sound underpinning WHS knowledge, and want to gain more well-developed skills in OHS for a range of WHS contexts. Many studying this Diploma wish to either gain a promotion in the current career in health and safety, or to forge a new career in WHS.
The Diploma of WHS will build on your existing experience to develop skills so you can confidently manage work health and safety, and WHS hazards and risks. You’ll learn to contribute to the systematic management of WHS risks; develop, implement, and maintain WHS management systems, as well as helping to implement emergency procedures. Overall, you’ll learn management skills to manage and investigate WHS hazards, risks, incidents, and tools to a high standard.
Where Can this Diploma WHS Take Your Career?
This diploma OHS course is for those wanting to take their work health and safety skills, and/or career to the next level. It is a WHS diploma suitable for anyone looking to engage in careers such as:
- WHS Coordinator
- Safety Manager
- Safety Supervisor
- WHS Advisor
- Safety Inspector
Looking at Australia’s safety coordinator jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the WHS job opportunities you may engage in—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Diploma of Work Health and Safety can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB51319||Diploma of Work Health and Safety|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 months||Up to 1050 expected study hours depending on industry experience|
|Mixed Mode (Workplace Required)||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health & Safety online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery (with Workplace required). This means the course structure allows students to complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn occupational health and safety according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This Diploma WHS online course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, the diploma of occupational health and safety course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months to complete the course from your commencement date; Inspire has a continual intake of students on this basis.
What Will You Learn in the Diploma OHS Course?
This BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety online course will expand on your existing knowledge of best workplace health and safety, systems, hazard and risk management practices to a senior level.
During OHS diploma online course, you will learn how to lead initial responses to WHS incidents in the workplace environment; contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of WHS management systems as well as occupational hygiene; lead the development and use of risk management tools; manage WHS hazards, manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes, and more!
Whether you are currently working as safety professionals and want to formalise your experience, or want to move into safety management and gain professional recognition, this diploma in occupational health and safety course may be a great way to help you achieve your professional goals.
Don’t put your career on hold! Forge ahead your career with the Diploma of WHS, today!
The BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety supersedes the previous BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Students should have completed all core units in the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this BSB51319 Diploma WHS course may wish to study other courses that will support them in their workplace health and safety skills, as well as other business or training skills. Other options available for students may include:
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) is comprised of 10 units – 5 core units plus 5 elective units. This WHS Diploma is now considered the minimum training requirement for safety management in many workplaces. Inspire Education has carefully chosen a set of elective units to ensure the qualification meets the needs of a wide range of workplaces and jobs that require WHS skills.
BSBWHS513 – Lead WHS risk management
BSBWHS515 – Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS516 – Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
BSBWHS519 – Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
BSBWHS522 – Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
GROUP A ELECTIVE UNITS:
BSBWHS512 – Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
BSBWHS517 – Contribute to managing a WHS information system
BSBWHS520 – Manage implementations of emergency procedures
OTHER ELECTIVE UNITS:
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video-recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder, etc.)
- Office equipment needed to undertake assessments, including but not limited to: printer, scanner, office phone, facsimile, etc.
- A workplace where you can complete your assessments as a safety supervisor; this will include access to:
- A workplace supervisor
- The current WHS legislation enforced by in appropriate state/territory, including:
- ISO 45001, ISO 4083, and AS 3745 requirements pertaining to incidents
- Codes of practice
- Workplace/organisational documents including:
- WHS policies and procedures
- Internal and external sources of WHS information and data
- WHS Management System
- Workplace staff including:
- At least three (3) workers to consult/communicate with in relation to a variety of WHS processes
- At least three (3) individuals to form an investigation team
- At least three (3) WHS Information System users
- At least three (3) stakeholders to consult/inform in relation to a a variety of WHS processes (e.g. WHS officer, Health and Safety Representative, Health and Safety Committee members, etc.)
- At least two (2) groups comprised of at least three (3) members each to consult with in relation to psychosocial hazards (e.g. Health and Safety Committee, Risk Assessment Team, etc.)
- At least two (2) external bodies to report WHS information and data
- At least two (2) emergency services and at least two (2) specialist response teams to consult with regarding potential emergencies in the workplace
- At least two (2) management people to receive and review reports
- Resources and equipment for:
- Incident investigation and response
- Conducting meetings
- WHS Management System (WHSMS) planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Hazard and risk identification, assessment, and management
- WHS Information System
- Conducting an emergency drill
- Workplace sites including:
- One (1) physical site for inspection
- Two (2) work areas for inspection
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: This course has an expected study time of 1050 hours.
To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon successful completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area. The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in a supervisory work health and safety role without any previously completed formal qualifications; learners who may be unemployed or looking for a career change; study hours is up to 1050 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in a supervisory work health and safety role without any previously completed formal qualifications, but may have some minor work experience related to safety or business for less than a year; learners who are currently employed and seeking career advancement; learners who may have previously completed an unrelated Certificate IV or Diploma qualification, or a Certificate III in Work Health and Safety, Business, or similar qualifications within the BSB Training Package; also learners who have previously completed the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or its equivalent older qualification, and is currently practicing in a supervisory work health and safety role; study hours is up to 760 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners who are interested in a supervisory work health and safety role, a leadership/coordinator role, or other similar roles, but does not have any recent industry experience; also learners who may be working in a supervisory safety role for their own business without any formal qualifications for at least a year; also learners who have extensive safety experience for two years or more who are seeking career advancement or change; also learners who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification; also learners who have completed the BSB51312/BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety, but does not have any relevant recent work experience; study hours is up to 610 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – includes learners who are currently working as a safety supervisor for more than 5 years; also includes learners who hold the BSB51312/BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety and are engaged in supervisory work health and safety work; study hours is up to 460 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaires, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, self-evaluation), Product-based Methods (e.g. project, practical assessment, case study, and structured tasks), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments that involve observing the candidates as they complete relevant tasks), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, third-party reports)
Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) Bridging Course
To help you gain entry to the Diploma and learn occupational health and safety skills you need, Inspire Education has developed a fast-track bridging course for the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety units. After completing the bridging course, you will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for these 5 core units.
Bridging Course Duration: You will have an extra 6 months to complete these units, bringing your maximum total course duration to 18 months.
Expected Study Hours: The Bridging Course + Diploma WHS has up to 1360 expected study hours.
Bridging Course Units:
BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
Please claim your free information pack or contact us on 1800 506 509 for more information.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the WHS Diploma online, you are now qualified for a career in safety management. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Compliance Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- Occupational Health and Safety Manager
- Organisational Development Advisor
WHS News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.