Safe Online Delivery!
“COVID-19 Recovery Incentive” On NOW!
Up to 75% Off Diploma WHS
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 3 Days.
Your FREE Diploma of Work Health and Safety Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety (Diploma WHS) is one of Australia’s most popular WHS diploma courses. It is ideal for those that already have the required sound underpinning WHS knowledge, and want to take their OHS skills to diploma-level, to gain a promotion in the current career in workplace health and safety, or to forge a new career in WHS.
The Diploma of WHS will build on your existing experience in work health and safety, and teach you additional skills to manage WHS hazards and risks. You’ll learn to contribute to systematic management of WHS risks; develop, implement, and maintain WHS management systems, as well as helping to implement emergency procedures. Overall, you’ll learn skills to manage and investigate WHS hazards, risks, incidents, and tools to a high standard.
Where Can the Diploma of WHS Take Your Career?
This diploma OHS course is for those wanting to take their work health and safety skills, and/or career to the next level. It is a WHS diploma suitable for anyone looking to engage in careers such as:
- WHS Officer
- HSE Manager
- WHS Consultant
- Work Health And Safety Officer
- WHS Manager
- Wellbeing Coordinator
- Environmental Health Officer
- Workplace Health And Safety Officer
- WHS Coordinator
- Environmental Health And Safety Officer
- Work Health and Safety Inspector
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
- Safety Supervisor
- WHS Advisor
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB51319||Diploma of Work Health and Safety|
Expected Study Hours:
|Please see Course Delivery Options below||Up to 1100 expected study hours depending on industry experience|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health & Safety online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Diploma WHS course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB51319 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months to complete the course from your commencement date; Inspire has a continual intake of students on this basis.
Any student previously enrolled in the BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety have until 28 February 2021 from their commencement date to complete the BSB51315 Self-Paced Online course, after which time you will be transitioned to this new BSB51319 course at no additional cost.
Important Note: Any student that enrolled in the BSB51315 Diploma WHS course from 01 March 2020 until 30 September 2020 that has not completed by the transition date, will gain unit credits and/or RPL (if applicable) and a FREE six (6) month extension to complete this new BSB51319 from 01 March 2021. Any student enrolled from 01 October 2020 onwards that has not completed by the transition date, will gain unit credits and/or RPL (if applicable) and a FREE twelve (12) month extension to complete this new BSB51319 from 01 March 2021.
What Will You Learn in the Diploma OHS Course?
This BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety online course will expand on your existing knowledge of best workplace health and safety, systems, hazard and risk management practices to a senior level.
During the course, you will learn how to lead initial responses to WHS incidents; contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of WHS management systems; lead the development and use of risk management tools; manage WHS hazards, consultation and participation processes, and more!
Whether you are currently working as a WHS professional and want to formalise your experience, or want to move into safety management, this diploma in occupational health and safety course may be a great way to help you achieve your professional goals.
Don’t put your career on hold! Forge ahead your career with the Diploma of WHS, today!
The BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety supersedes the previous BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
Students should have completed all core units in BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this BSB51319 Diploma WHS course may wish to study other courses that will support them in their workplace health and safety skills, as well as other business or training skills. Other options available for students may include:
The Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) is comprised of 10 units – 5 core units plus 5 elective units. This WHS Diploma is now considered the minimum training requirement for safety management in many workplaces. Inspire Education has carefully chosen a set of elective units to ensure the qualification meets the needs of a wide range of workplaces and jobs that require WHS skills.
BSBWHS513 – Lead WHS risk management
BSBWHS515 – Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
BSBWHS516 – Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
BSBWHS519 – Lead the development and use of risk management tools
BSBWHS522 – Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
Group A Elective Units:
BSBWHS512 – Contribute to managing work-related psychological health and safety
BSBWHS517 – Contribute to managing a WHS information system
BSBWHS520 – Manage implementation of emergency procedures
Other Elective Units:
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments as a safety supervisor; this will include access to:
- A workplace supervisor
- The current WHS legislation enforced in appropriate state/territory, including:
- ISO 45001, ISO 4083, and AS 3745 requirements pertaining to incidents
- Codes of practice
- Workplace/organisational documents including:
- WHS policies and procedures
- Internal and external sources of WHS information and data
- WHS Management System
- Workplace staff including:
- At least three (3) workers to consult/communicate to in relation to a variety of WHS processes
- At least three (3) individuals to form an investigation team
- At least three (3) WHS Information System users
- At least three (3) stakeholders to consult/inform in relation to a a variety of WHS processes (e.g. WHS officer, Health and Safety Representative, Health and Safety Committee members, etc.)
- At least two (2) external bodies to report WHS information and data
- At least two (2) emergency services and at least two (2) specialist response teams to consult regarding potential emergencies in the workplace
- At least two (2) management people to receive and review reports
- Resources and equipment for:
- Incident investigation and response
- Conducting meetings
- WHS Management System (WHSMS) planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Hazard and risk identification, assessment, and management
- WHS Information System
- Conducting an emergency drill
- Workplace sites including:
- One (1) physical site for inspection
- Two (2) work areas for inspection
- Video-recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder, etc.)
- Office equipment needed to undertake assessments, including but not limited to: printer, scanner, office phone, facsimile, etc.
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: This course has an expected study time of 1100 hours.
To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area. The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 1100 hours.
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 790 hours.
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of two years or more. Study hours is up to 630 hours.
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 5 or more years and extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Study hours is up to 460 hours.
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) Bridging Course
To help you gain entry to the Diploma and learn the occupational health and safety skills you need, Inspire Education has developed a fast-track bridging course for the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety units. After completing the bridging course, you will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for these 5 core units.
Bridging Course Duration: You will have an extra 6 months to complete these units, bringing your maximum total course duration to 18 months.
Expected Study Hours: The Bridging Course + Diploma WHS has up to 1360 expected study hours.
Bridging Course Units:
BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
Please claim your free information pack or contact us on 1800 506 509 for more information.
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.