Safe Online Course!
“EOFY Last Chance Sale” On NOW!
Up To 53% Off for Cert IV WHS
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 30th June.
Your FREE Certificate IV In WHS Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options
✓ Latest Timetable Information
This BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety course is Australia’s latest Cert IV WHS course. Being a nationally recognised qualification, this safety certificate iv is perfect for anyone that needs WHS skills for their current job/employers; wants to change careers (e.g. become a safety representative); and/or for those that want to gain a new OHS certificate to become competent and advance their career.
You can complete this course through online study, face to face training, or through live, interactive virtual workshops from anywhere in Australia.
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) has been delivering quality WHS training for well over a decade!
During this safety training course, you’ll learn all about WHS compliance, how to contribute to WHS risk management, implement WHS systems, and workplace incident responses. Also, you’ll learn to assist workplace compliance with WHS laws, assist and manage WHS contractor compliance, how to identify risks, apply risk management processes, amongst other useful skills.
Get qualified, and be responsible for contributing to a positive safety culture in your workplace – help prevent accidents, and save lives!
Where Can this Cert IV WHS Take Your Career?
This Cert IV OHS course is for those wanting to start their work health and safety careers. It is a WHS certificate suitable for anyone looking to engage in careers such as:
- Health And Safety Representative
- HR Professional
- Safety Advisor
- WHS Officer
- Safety Auditor
- OHS Officer
- WHS Representative
- Human Resource Officer
- OHS Representative
- Work Health And Safety Officer
- Safety Compliance Officer
- Occupational Health And Safety Officer
- Safety Compliance Officer
- WHS Advisor
- Community Safety Officer
- Safety And Compliance Officer
- Fire Safety Auditor
- WHS Coordinator
- Safety Inspector
- WorkCover Inspector
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
Looking at Australia’s safety officer jobs outlook and occupational health and safety-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the WHS job opportunities you may engage in—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB41419||Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 months||Up to 700 expected study hours depending on industry experience|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!
Check out our online or face-to-face timetables for workshop courses schedule
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) offers the LATEST BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety via THREE flexible delivery options.
1. Mixed Mode Delivery – This course will be self-paced and completed via distance education using Inspire Education’s online student portal. Delivery includes live webinars and Q&As, self-paced study of learning content, directed research, and review of pre-recorded content.
You will have up to 12 months to successfully complete the course from your commencement date; Inspire has a continual intake of students on this basis.
2. Face-to-Face Workshops – Attend a combination of 1-week, 2-week, 3-week, or 4-week face-to-face Cert IV WHS workshops to ‘kick start’ your WHS course, and commence a significant portion + self-paced learning + all resources in the mixed-mode delivery.
- 1-Week Face-to-Face Workshop
- Kick start your training and set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day face-to-face workshop with an expert trainer! You will be introduced to fundamental concepts about WHS, safety culture, and implementing WHS compliance. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
- 2-Week Face-to-Face Workshop
- Breakthrough a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day face-to-face WHS workshops. During week 2, you will learn about, and work through how to create a WHS Management System. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
- 3-Week Face-to-Face Workshop
- Maximise your study time by attending three (3) 5-day face-to-face WHS workshops. Now that you have a better understanding of Safety Culture and Compliance and Safety Management Systems, you will next tackle workplace incident response and management with your trainer’s assistance and direction. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
- 4-Week Face-to-Face Workshop
- Fast-track your training by attending four (4) intensive 5-day face-to-face WHS workshops. With the expert guidance of your trainers, you will take on everything mentioned in Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3. In Week 4, you will proceed to learn about WHS Consultation. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
3. COVID-19 Safe Online Workshop – Stay safe at home during the pandemic as you attend a combination of 1-week, 2-week, 3-week, or 4-week online Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety workshops to ‘kick start’ your course and commence a significant portion + self-paced learning + all resources in the mixed-mode delivery.
- 1-Week Online Workshop
- Kick start your training and set yourself up for success by attending a 5-day online workshop with an expert trainer! You will be introduced to fundamental concepts about WHS, safety culture, and implementing WHS compliance. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
- 2-Week Online Workshop
- Breakthrough a huge portion of your course by attending two (2) 5-day online WHS workshops. During week 2, you will learn about, and work through how to create a WHS Management System. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
- 3-Week Online Workshop
- Maximise your study time by attending three (3) 5-day online WHS workshops. Now that you have a better understanding of Safety Culture and Compliance and Safety Management Systems, you will next tackle workplace incident response and management with your trainer’s assistance and direction. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
- 4-Week Online Workshop
- Fast-track your training by attending four (4) intensive 5-day online WHS workshops. With the expert guidance of your trainers, you will take on everything mentioned in Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3. In Week 4, you will proceed to learn about WHS Consultation. Comes with up to 12 months of self-paced learning.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
What Will You Learn in this Cert IV in WHS Course?
During this WHS training course, you will gain a range of skills you can apply to a range of job opportunities that require knowledge of health and safety.
You will learn how to assist workplace compliance with WHS laws, and manage WHS compliance of contractors. Additionally, you learn how to contribute to WHS risk management, workplace incident responses, and implementing WHS management systems. This will basically equip you with everything you need to pursue any Cert 4 OHS jobs that you want to get into.
Other skills you will gain include how to analyse and present research information, write complex documents, and make presentations to ensure you have the know-how to start your WHS career and work successfully as a safety professional.
Learn to save lives, and start your first-class WHS training, today!
There are no formal entry requirements to enter the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety. However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this BSB41419 Cert IV WHS course may also wish to study other courses that will support them in their WHS skills, as well as other business or training skills. Other options available for students may include:
- BSB51319 – Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- BSB60619 – Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- BSB40920 – Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management
- BSB40420 – Certificate IV in Human Resource Management
- BSB40120 – Certificate IV in Business (Operations or Administration)
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
This current BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety supersedes the old BSB41412 and BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety courses and the older BSB41407 Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety course. This is the latest Cert IV WHS qualification.
The BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is comprised of 10 units – 5 core units plus 5 elective units. Many workplaces look for the skills covered in this WHS course in someone conducting Safety Officer or WHS Officer duties. Our elective WHS units have been carefully selected to enable participants to contribute to an organisation’s health and safety systems with confidence.
BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation process
BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
BSBINS401 – Analyse and present research information
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
BSBWHS418 – Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
BSBCMM411 – Make presentations
BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks to assist students
- Simulations, where applicable, including access to relevant documentation, like legislation and organisation policies
- Templates for completing assessment tasks
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (NOTE: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS Powerpoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video and audio recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone) to record role-plays and presentations
- At least three (3) people to participate in role-plays and provide feedback
- Office equipment and resources
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 690 expected study hours for this Cert IV OHS course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge.
As the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is delivered online, you can study from all major cities, including Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Perth — in fact, any town or city in Australia as assessments are submitted through our student portal.
To assess your specialised knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after enrolment.
Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area. The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 690 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 555 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; recent related industry work experience of two years or more; this includes candidates holding superseded qualifications, skill sets, or units of competency from the BSB07 or BSB Training Package; study hours is up to 375 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment Only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of more than 5 years and with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB41412 Certificate IV WHS or the BSB41415 Certificate IV WHS who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 368 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), and Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Work Health and Safety, you are now qualified for a career in OHS and WHS. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Human Resources Assistant
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
Online/Distance-Learning Course – Anywhere in Australia!
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Online Course Timetable|
Queensland WHS Workshops
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Brisbane Timetable|
New South Wales WHS Workshops
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Sydney Timetable|
Victoria WHS Workshops
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Melbourne Timetable|
Western Australia WHS Workshops
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Perth Timetable|
Australian Capital Territory WHS Workshops
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Canberra Timetable|
South Australia WHS Workshops
|Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Adelaide Timetable|
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.