Safe Online Delivery!
“Road to Recovery” Sale On NOW!
Save Up To 27% for
Cert IV Marketing and Communication
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 28th October.
Your FREE Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This marketing and communication course is the ideal qualification to take your creative passion one step further! By studying this course, you will learn how to create a presentation, articulate and debate ideas, apply digital solutions to work processes, and apply marketing communication across a convergent industry. This qualification will introduce you to the world of marketing and how it works.
You will also learn how to research and analyse the market, develop a marketing plan, apply digital solutions to optimise your time, promote a business, and implement marketing campaigns. At this level, you are likely to report to a Senior Marketing Manager.
Where Can the BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication Take Your Career?
The Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (BSB42415) will help you work effectively within the marketing industry with confidence and competence, and is perfect for anyone wishing to engage in job roles such as:
- Direct Marketing Officer
- Market Research Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Officer
- Public Relations Officer
Looking at Australia’s Marketing Coordinator jobs outlook and marketing-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Cert IV Marketing and Communication can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB42415||Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 977 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB42415 Cert IV in Marketing and Communication online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Marketing and Communication course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB42415 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Marketing and Communication Course?
The BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication is a nationally accredited course which will help you learn how to research and analyse the market, develop a marketing plan, apply digital solutions to optimise your time, promote a business, and implement marketing campaigns.
By Studying this course, you will learn to make a presentation, articulate and debate ideas, apply digital solutions to work processes, and apply marketing communication across a convergent industry.
There are no prerequisites required to enter the Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (BSB42415). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan, with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Once enrolled, you may also consider additional training to complement your skills with courses such as:
- BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communication
- BSB61315 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
The BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communications is comprised of a total of 12 units – 5 core units and 7 elective units, which have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of business entrepreneurs.
BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
BSBCRT401 – Articulate, present and debate ideas
BSBMGT407 – Apply digital solutions to work processes
BSBMKG417 – Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
BSBMKG418 – Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry
BSBRES411 – Analyse and present research information
BSBMKG413 – Promote products and services
BSBMKG414 – Undertake marketing activities
BSBCUS401 – Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
BSBWRT401 – Write complex documents
BSBADV404 – Schedule advertisements
BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relationships
The BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication, which supersedes this course, was released on 19 October 2020. The BSB42418 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication has an 18-month teach out period, starting from that date. As such, students will still gain this qualification, provided they successfully complete course requirements within this period. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video-recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone or video recorder) to record role-play activities and presentations
- At least five (5) people to participate in various role plays tasks (may be friends, family members, colleagues, etc.)
- Webcam and USB headset for participating in webinars (optional)
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 977 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 977 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 705 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; recent related industry work experience of one year or more; study hours is up to 522 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 461 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Marketing and Communication, you are now qualified for a career in the marketing field. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (31.3%)
- Professionals (17.9%)
- Managers (16.0%)
Marketing News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.