Safe Online Delivery!
“Final May EOFY-Presale” On NOW!
Only $1290 for Diploma Leadership and Management
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 8 Days.
Your FREE Diploma of Leadership and Management Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This online Diploma in Leadership and Management is Australia’s latest nationally recognised diploma qualification in leadership and management.
It is ideal for those who need to develop solid leadership skills for personal and professional development. This is often for their current role, because they may wish to apply for a promotion, have been recently promoted, or want critical new skills and knowledge they can use in their own business.
Inspire’s online diploma management training is designed to give you the extra skills required to propel your career forward, and create innovative work environments across a range of huge range of sectors and industries!
During this course, you’ll learn to develop critical thinking skills, manage team effectiveness, and how to manage personal and professional development, and manage team effectiveness and people performance. You’ll also learn how to communicate with influence, and develop and use emotional intelligence.
It’s the perfect course for those that want to take a leap forward in their career!
Where Can this Leadership and Management Diploma Take Your Career?
People doing this training course are often seeking a wide range of careers, such as:
- Operations Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Production/Business Manager
- Transport Manager
- Warehouse/Distribution Centre Manager
- Information Services Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Public Sector Manager
- Senior Manager (Public Sector)
- Office Manager
- Legal Practice Manager
Looking at Australia’s operations manager jobs outlook and management-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the latest Diploma of Leadership and Management can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Other parties may recruit students to Inspire Education under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB50420||Diploma in Leadership and Management|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 1020 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode (Workplace Required)||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the latest BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery (with workplace assessments required). This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Leadership and Management Diploma can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB50420 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Diploma of Leadership and Management
The BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management online course will prepare you for a senior leadership or management role in a wide range of sectors.
You’ll learn a broad range of practical skills, such as how to lead and manage effective workplace relationships, be in charge of implementing financial management approaches, making sure financial management processes are efficient, communicate with influence, develop and use emotional intelligence, and how to undertake project work. It will also teach you other management skills, such as how to manage business operational plans, team effectiveness, business risks, and organisational customer service.
Additionally, during this course, you will gain knowledge on how to manage people’s performance and personal and professional development of staff.
In summary, you will gain the vital skills you need to be an effective senior manager and leader – so why not start today?
There are no entry requirements for the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, but it is recommended that students:
- Are aged 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
While enrolled, you may also consider doing additional training that will complement your leadership and management skills. You can check out the following courses:
- BSB50120 – Diploma of Business (Operations)
- BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management
- BSB50320 – Diploma of Human Resource Management
- BSB60420 – Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
The BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management has a total of 12 units – 6 core units and 6 elective units. These have been carefully selected so that learners meet the needs of management professionals after successful completion of the course.
BSBCMM511 – Communicate with influence
BSBCRT511 – Develop critical thinking in others
BSBLDR523 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS502 – Manage business operational plans
BSBPEF502 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness
BSBLDR522 – Manage people performance
BSBOPS504 – Manage business risk
BSBOPS505 – Manage organisational customer service
BSBTWK503 – Manage meetings
BSBPEF501 – Manage personal and professional development
BSBPMG430 – Undertake project work
The BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management supersedes and is equivalent to the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies, Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in Inspire Education’s Online Learning Management System for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to MYOB Student (for Windows users only)
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies, you will need to have access to:
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Printer and scanner
- Headset for webinar participation (optional)
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder)
- A workplace where you can complete assessments; this must include access to:
- A workplace supervisor
- Office equipment and resources
- Cloud storage system
- Shared calendars
- Virtual meeting technology (e.g. Google Meet, Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- Online survey software/website
- Legislation, acts, laws, and regulations related to leading individuals and teams
- Industrial relations protocols and legislation
- Organisational documents, including
- Goals, plans, and objectives
- Productivity and performance metrics
- Roles and responsibilities
- Organisational activities
- Performance management system
- Customer relations management system
- Risk management plan
- Enterprise agreements or contracts
- Customer requirements
- Strategic plan
- Project plan, summary, scope, etc.
- Sales and performance reports
- Financial statement/information
- Organisational policies and procedures, including
- Continuous improvement
- Risk management
- Workplace collaboration
- Conflict management
- Issue management
- Ethical conduct
- Goal development framework
- Customer feedback recording and reporting
- Organisational template, forms and reports, including:
- Meeting minutes
- Project briefs
- Customer feedback report
- Product and service delivery performance monitoring
- At least two (2) team members under your leadership/management
- At least four (4) workgroup members or volunteers
- At least two (2) individuals in management roles
- At least two (2) individuals from different teams
- At least two (2) internal customers
- At least two (2) project stakeholders
- At least two (2) system problems related to customer service
- Opportunities to:
- Consult with management and human resources
- Develop team plan and allocate work
- Delivery training
- Monitor and assess team performance against indicators
- Organise and participate in personal/professional development
- Implement techniques to manage health and wellbeing
- Consult customers on product/service requirements
- Deliver one (1) product and one (1) service to a customer
- Obtain feedback from one (1) customer
- Resolve two (2) system problems
- Provide support to two (2) colleagues from two (2) different teams
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
This leadership and management diploma online course has up to 1020 expected study hours, including Assessment Activities and depending on your existing knowledge and experience. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 4 Cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in a managerial role without any previously completed formal qualifications; learners who may be unemployed or looking for a career change; study hours is up to 1020 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in a managerial role without any previously completed formal qualifications, but may have some minor or non-permanent leadership experience for less than a year; learners who are currently employed and seeking career advancement; learners who may have previously completed an unrelated Certificate IV or Diploma qualification, or a Certificate III or IV within the BSB Training Package; also learners who completed the BSB51107 Diploma of Management; study hours is up to 850 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners who worked in the past in a supervisory role but does not have any recent industry experience; learners who may be working as a manager for their own business without any formal qualification for at least a year; learners who have previously completed a Diploma qualification within the BSB Training Package, or superseded versions of this qualification, such as the BSB51915/BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management; study hours is up to 500 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – includes learners who are currently working in a supervisory role in a variety of contexts and/or changing landscapes or any similar roles for the last 3 years; study hours is up to 460 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaires, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, self-evaluation) and Product-based Methods* (e.g. projects, practical assessment, case study, and structured tasks).
*Dual pathways – students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and for instructions on how to apply.
Credit transfer is also available for those eligible.
Upon successful completion of your Leadership Management Diploma, you will be qualified to advance your career as a competent leader. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Leadership Diploma get qualified to become:
- Business Development Manager
- Business Services Manager
- Compliance Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- Organisational Development Advisor
Leadership and Management
News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.