Safe Online Delivery!
End of Winter Intake* On NOW!
Only $199 for HLTINF001 Unit
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 31st August.
Your FREE HLTINF001 Unit Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This online HLTINF001 Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures unit is designed for employees who are regularly in close contact with clients and co-workers, as required by their job roles. It is also applicable to those who work in health and direct client care environments—where infection control training is important.
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, infection control needs to be improved constantly. This unit will teach learners about relevant measures for keeping the workplace safe and infection-free, including following organisational infection control and prevention procedures, implementing standard and transmission-based precautions, and responding to infection risks.
Where Can the HLTINF001 Course Unit Take Your Career?
The skills you will learn in this course will help you take on the difficulties and challenges in the workplace brought about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This infection control training will equip you with practical knowledge about helping manage infection risks and implement infection control and prevention measures.
This course is useful if you are currently working or want to work as a front-line staff. It’s also helpful for individuals who want to be involved in managing infection control and prevention in the workplace. Possible job titles and roles include, but not limited to:
- Work health and safety officer
- Workplace infection specialist
As the COVID-19 pandemic demands stricter requirements in workplace safety, adding the HLTINF001 unit to your qualification will help you move your career forward into the “new normal”. Remember that keeping the community safe starts with keeping the workplace safe and coronavirus-free.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|HLTINF001||Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures|
Expected Study Hours:
|1 month||Up to 32 hours (including Vocational Placement)|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the HLTINF001 Unit online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Infection Control Skill Set course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, the HLTINF001 Infection Prevention and Control course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 1 month starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the HLTINF001 Course Unit?
This Infection Prevention and Control Training unit will teach you the skills and knowledge on following organisational infection control and prevention. By enrolling in this course you will learn how to:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
Performance criteria in the course include, but are not limited to:
- Following procedures for hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and coughing etiquette
- Choice and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Handling and cleaning equipment that prevents skin and mucous membrane exposures, contamination of clothing, and transfer of pathogens
- Identifying infection hazards and assessing risks associated with workplaces in the transport and logistics industry
- Documenting and reporting activities and tasks that put the self and others at risk of infection
- Following protocols for care after exposure to bodily fluids and other contaminants
- Identifying, separating, and maintaining clean and contaminated zones; and keeping relevant materials confined within
There are no formal entry requirements for the HLTINF001 course unit. However, it is preferred that you:
- Are aged 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Training Plan Evaluation
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your HLTINF001 course unit, Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Organisation policies and procedures templates
- Incident form templates
- Model waste disposal guidelines
- Model cleaning guidelines from Safe Work Australia
Resources Supplied by the Student
During your course you will need to have access to:
- Access to a suitable workplace* where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Headset and webcam (optional) for watching and attending webinars
*The workplace must provide access to:
- Use of suitable facilities, equipment, and resources, including:
- Organisational infection prevention and control guidelines
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Hand hygiene facilities and equipment
- Medical or client care equipment relevant to the workplace
- Clinical and other waste and waste disposal equipment
- Areas for cleaning
- Equipment for cleaning, including sterilised sharps (if relevant to role)
- Models of industry operating conditions, including integration of problem-solving activities to which the candidate responds to
Course Outline & Structure
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills in this area.
Inspire Education (RTO #32067) has identified two student cohorts for the Infection Control Training course unit:
- Beginner Cohort – includes learners who are interested in working and those who are already working in various industries, including health and direct client care roles, but does not have formal training on infection control and prevention. Study hours is up to 32 hours
- Expert Cohort – includes learners who are responsible for infection control in the workplace and would like to formalise their training, including those who work in health and direct client care roles; also includes learners whose employer may require refresher training in the context of this unit. Study hours range from 12 to 32 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
To successfully complete this unit, the candidate will need to initiate contact with a workplace to undertake their practical activities. There is no specified mandatory hours for completing the practical components of this course.
^To enrol now, pay only the Upfront fee and take advantage of easy monthly payments for the remaining course balance. View the course information pack for complete pricing details.