Safe Online Delivery!
“New Year, New Career” Intake On NOW!
Only $1495 for Cert IV TESOL
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends Tuesday.
Your FREE Certificate IV in TESOL Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This nationally accredited Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) course is a nationally, and internationally recognised qualification in teaching English to domestic and international students. It’s an ideal course, for those wishing to teach English overseas, or here in Austraila.
Inspire’s TESOL training will help give you the skills, experience, and credentials you need to pursue a large range of roles teaching English to adult ESL students, either here in Australia, or overseas.
During this course, you will gain the skills needed to teach English in a wide range of settings. This includes learning to help adult learners learn and improve their grammar, pronunciation and speech. Also, you will learn to help overseas students gain English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills, and prepare for English language tests, using a range of TESOL methods.
TESOL is also suitable for qualified teachers who wish to teach English to overseas students – potentially opening up exciting new teaching jobs.
Where Can the Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Take Your Career?
Becoming qualified in teaching English as a second language is an exciting and life-changing career move. The 10773NAT Certificate IV in TESOL course is the qualification of choice for anyone wishing to:
- Teach English Overseas
- Teach English Online
- Teach English Abroad
- Gain English Teacher Jobs
- Apply for TESOL Jobs
- Teach English as a second language courses here in Australia
- Teach Overseas
- Teach English to immigrants in Australia
- Teach English to international students online
- Become a TESOL teacher
- Teach ESL in Australia
Looking at Australia’s tesol teacher jobs outlook and ESL-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Cert IV in TESOL can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|10773NAT||Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 months||Up to 700 hours|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the 10773NAT Cert IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV TESOL course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this 10773NAT course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the TESOL Course?
The 10773NAT Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) will give you the skills needed to apply and teach English to overseas students here in Australia, or teach English overseas.
You will learn to teach the English pronunciation, grammar, and speech to ESL students. You will also gain skills to help them improve their English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
Also, during this teaching English course, will learn how to plan, organise, and deliver group-based learning, and gain skills to source and develop resources that support the learning of your students.
Learn to teach English to international students – and help them gain self-confidence to reach their goals and dreams!
Entry into this Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is open to both senior high school students (specifically Years 11 and 12) and mature students.
All learners are required to have the ability to read, write, and speak in English fluently and accurately. For native English speakers, these abilities are checked via a thorough oral communication evaluation, as included in the LLN Evaluation.
Non-native speakers will need to have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 6.5 (Competent User) or equivalent grading. This means they can speak at length with minimal loss of coherence and minimal mispronunciation; possess a wide enough vocabulary to discuss topics at length; paraphrase successfully; frequently produce error-free sentences; and be understood throughout.
Is it recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old or older
- Have basic computer skills
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI);
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature;
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The 10773NAT Certificate IV in TESOL may assist in gaining employment as an ESL teacher or tutor in Australia, and overseas. That said, to teach English in a some Australian schools, additional professional teaching qualifications and experience may be required.
To teach under NEAS, a trainer will need to hold the Certificate IV in TESOL, plus a full 3-year Degree as a minimum. Students currently enrolled in this course should consider enrolling in other courses to support any specialisations.
- Students interested in providing other forms of training might enrol in the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; this is a requirement for TESOL teachers teaching in TAFE
- Students interested in specialising in child care training might enrol in the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Students interested in providing educational support services in schools might enrol in the CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
Students are also able to further their studies in the area of TESOL by studying for the Diploma of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). The Cert IV TESOL qualification is a mandatory requirement for this Diploma.
TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TESCUL401 – Develop and apply knowledge of cultural factors affecting TESOL teachers
TESPRN402 – Assist learners to improve pronunciation and speech
TESGRM403 – Assist learners to learn or improve grammar
TESRES404 – Source and develop resources to support learning
TESRED405 – Assist learners develop reading and writing skills
TESSPK406 – Assist learners develop speaking and listening skills
TESASS407 – Assess language learning
TESMTH408 – Apply a range of TESOL methodologies
TESTST409 – Assist learners prepare for English language tests
TESCAL410 – Use Computer Assisted Language Learning to assist learners
TESCHD412 – Use creative strategies to assist children to learn English
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the LMS for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- At least eight (8) adult learners
- An observer qualified with TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or its successor) or a video-recording equipment (mobile phone, camera, or similar)
- At least two (2) ESL Learners to conduct practice tests with and provide feedback to
- A computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Students will also need to arrange and do six (6) hours of supervised practical teaching at an English Academy or school with language learners to complete this course. The school must provide access to:
- A mentor-teacher who holds a TESOL qualification or a higher degree ESL degree AND the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- At least eight (8) adult ESL Learners
- At least eight (8) children ESL Learners
- A group of culturally diverse ESL Learners
- Assessment/Testing Tools of the Organisation
- Equipment and Technology used in teaching/assessing
- One (1) teacher to observe and provide two-way feedback
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
Up to 700 hours, depending on industry experience
For this course, learners will complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation as part of the enrolment process. Upon completing this evaluation, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your Cohort, taking into account your existing level of relevant knowledge and skills.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 3 Cohorts:
- Beginner (Full Study Model) – consists of students with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification and with no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 700 hours
- Intermediate (Partial Study Model) – consists of students with moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification and with limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 480 hours
- Expert (Assessment only) – consists of students with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 480 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Direct Observation* (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
*Students have the option to be observed by a qualified third-party observer or to send a video recording to be observed by an Inspire Education qualified assessor
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in TESOL, you are now qualified for a career in the marketing field. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (18.3%)
- Professionals (60.0%)
- Managers (9.1%)
TESOL News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.