English Teaching Courses

Are you interested to teach English to domestic and/or international students? Become a qualified TESOL trainer by taking an internationally recognised qualification for teaching English!

The 10773NAT Certificate IV in TESOL course is the qualification of choice for anyone wishing to teach English around the world, or teach to international students in Australia.

Free Course Infopack

Take a Look at Our Course Below to Find Out More:


10773NAT | Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)

This course will help you give the gift of the English language to international or overseas students, or teach English overseas – including pronunciation, grammar, speech, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.

Frequently Asked Questions

What types of jobs can people completing English teaching courses normally pursue?

Holding a qualification in TESOL is the minimum standard to work in many types of English teaching services in Australia.

You can typically apply for the following TESOL jobs:

  • Teach Overseas
  • Teach English to immigrants in Australia
  • Teach English to international students online
  • Teach English as a second language courses here in Australia

What main skills will I learn when I complete a course in TESOL?

The Cert IV in TESOL will teach you the skills needed to apply and teach English to overseas students here in Australia, or teach English overseas.

You will also learn to teach English pronunciation, grammar, and speech to ESL students. Gain the skills required to help them improve their English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.

How long will it take me to complete each TESOL qualification?

Undertaking an English teaching qualification will take up to 700 hours, depending on industry experience.

What evidence can I submit if I want to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for a course in TESOL?

If you wish to apply RPL for qualifications in TESOL, the examples of acceptable evidences are the following:

  1. Course transcripts, statement of attainment, and certificates
  2. References and documentation of your previous work responsibilities
  3. Work samples

To apply, simply indicate on your enrolment form that you wish to receive RPL. An RPL Assessor will contact you to check your eligibility for each unit and explain what you need to submit. The amount of RPL you receive will depend on the evidence you provide and any remaining assessment can be completed through gap training.

Is vocational (work) placement required, and where should I get a placement?

No, vocational (work) placement is not required for English teaching courses.

Become a TESOL Trainer/Teacher

Good Morning

I am a new student and have been attempting to finalise all pre-requisite items for my 10773Nat course.

Your team member Laura has just spent over 30 minutes assisting me with my query which has helped me tremendously.

I would like to acknowledge Laura’s professionalism, guidance and more than anything her patience with my queries. Her assistance has been invaluable and has given me peace of mind so that I can now move on to my course once all is in order with the pre-requisites.

Please pass on my sincere thanks to Laura. It is most appreciated.

Sofia Melville – Certificate IV in TESOL
^To enrol now, pay only the upfront fee and take advantage of easy monthly payments for the remaining course balance. View the course information pack for complete pricing details.
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.