Safe Online Delivery!
“EOFY Last Chance Sale” On NOW!
Only $990 for Diploma of Business (Operations)
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 2 Days.
Your FREE Diploma of Business (Operations) Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Operations) is suitable for individuals who have significant experience, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. It may also apply to office managers with little to no vocational experience, but possess strong theoretical business skills that they would like to work on as part of their personal work priorities.
Successfully completing Inspire Education’s (RTO #32067) Diploma in Business course will help you get personal and professional development experience. Gain and develop the skills to advance your career across different aspects of business operations—whether you’re into business document design, financial management processes and accounting tasks, business law, or human resources services, among others.
You will also gain the latest nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of course requirements!
Where Can the Diploma of Business (Operations) Take Your Career?
What jobs can you get with a Diploma of Business (Operations) (BSB50120)? It will give you that extra ‘edge’ in the highly competitive business industry. This qualification is perfect for anyone who wish to pursue career opportunities and such as:
- Executive Officer
- Business Development Manager
- Project Consultant
- Compliance Manager (Local Government)
- Office Manager
- Business Sales Team Leader
- Corporate Services Manager
- Administration Manager (Local Government)
- Records Management Coordinator
- Team Leader
- Procurement Officer
- Unit Leader
- Project Coordinator
- Administration Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Procurement and Contract Manager
- Records Manager
- Environmental Compliance Manager (Local Government)
Looking at Australia’s Office Manager jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Diploma of Business (Operations) can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|BSB50120||Diploma of Business (Operations)|
|Expected Study Hours:|
|12 Months||Up to 1185 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Operations) online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their business administration diploma at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can to become administrative professionals. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Diploma Business course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this latest BSB50120 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Business Course?
The BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Operations) is a nationally accredited course for you to get in the business sector. By completing this qualification, you will gain the personal and professional development you need to advance, have a successful career, and improve your job opportunities.
Develop a broad understanding of business foundations as you study a wide range of areas in business operations. Apply the sound theoretical business skills you’ll learn in your relevant workplace context. For example, you may implement workplace sustainability policies around business operations, quality customer service, and human resource functions.
You will also learn about managing and implementing financial management approaches, managing resources based on planned business strategies, creating meeting preparation processes, and developing creative thinking skills in other people, among others.
There are no prerequisites required to enter the BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Operations). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this course may wish to study the BSB60120 Advanced Diploma of Business, which will support them further in their industry and administrative skills. You may check the National Register for a Registered Training Organisations who offer the course via upfront payment, payment plans, or VET Student Loan.
The latest BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Operations) is comprised of a total of 12 units, made up of 5 core units, 4 Business Operations specialisation units, and 3 elective units. These have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of business and administration professionals.
BSBCRT511 – Develop critical thinking in others
BSBFIN501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBOPS501 – Manage business resources
BSBSUS511 – Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
BSBXCM501 – Lead communication in the workplace
SPECIALISATION ELECTIVE UNITS:
BSBOPS502 – Manage business operational plans
BSBOPS503 – Develop administrative systems
BSBOPS504 – Manage business risk
BSBOPS601 – Develop and implement business plans
OTHER ELECTIVE UNITS:
BSBINS501 – Implement information and knowledge management systems
BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness
BSBTWK503 – Manage meetings
The BSB50120 Diploma of Business is the latest business diploma course, superseding both the BSB50215 Diploma of Business and the BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Case studies and simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to relevant Acts, Regulations, and Standards
- MYOB Student Edition
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor and have access to workplace documentation (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- Video and audio recording tool (e.g. mobile phone, camcorder)
- Typical equipment and resources found in offices (paper, writing tools, printer/scanner, etc.)
- At least six (6) volunteers for various role play activities
- Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- Latest versions of MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
There are a total of up to 1185 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Once you successfully complete the enrolment, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 1185 hours.
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; also includes learners interested in establishing a business without any previously completed formal qualification; study hours is up to 905 hours.
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; recent related industry work experience of one year or more; also includes learners who hold a superseded business qualification (listed below), but does not have recent relevant work experience; study hours is up to 680 hours.
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of three or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; also includes learners who hold any of the business qualifications below and practising in a workplace; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 624 hours.
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- BSB50315 Diploma of Customer Engagement
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB50815 Diploma of International Business
- BSB51518 Diploma of Business (Procurement)
- BSB51715 Diploma of Recordkeeping
- BSB60815 Advanced Diploma of Recordkeeping
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaire, knowledge assessments, self-reflection, and self-evaluation) and Product-based Methods* (e.g. projects, practical assessment, case study, and structured task).
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Diploma of Business (Operations), you solidify your business qualifications. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Business Manager
- Chief Data Officer
Business Administration News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.