Safe Online Delivery!
“New Year, New Career” Intake On NOW!
Only $1490 for Cert IV New Small Business
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 7 Days.
Your FREE Certificate IV in New Small Business Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This course is the ideal qualification to take your business to the next level! Whether you have a small business or starting out with a great concept, having the knowledge and skills will help you understand what you need to start and grow a business! This course will help you explore your business idea, assess opportunities, analyse finances, and develop strategies to advance your business.
By studying this course, you will learn practical skills to grow your business and discover how to coordinate work priorities, meet your customers’ needs, and lead a cohesive, purpose drive team.
Where Can the BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business Take Your Career?
The Certificate IV in New Small Business (BSB42618) will give you the know-how to begin your small business, and is perfect for anyone wishing to engage in job roles such as:
- Small Business Owner
- Frontline Manager
Looking at Australia’s business manager jobs outlook and business-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Certificate IV in New Small Business can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|BSB42618||Certificate IV in New Small Business|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 934 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB42618 Cert IV in New Small Business online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV New Small Business course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB42618 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the New Small Business Course?
The BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business course is the ideal qualification to take your business to the next level! Whether you have a small business or starting out with a great concept, having the knowledge and skills will help you understand what you need to start and grow a business! This course will help you explore your business idea, assess opportunities, analyse finances, and develop strategies to advance your business.
Learn practical skills to grow your business and discover how to coordinate work priorities, meet your customer’s needs, and lead a cohesive, purpose-driven team. This qualification will give you the know-how to begin your small business and become your own boss
There are no prerequisites required to enter the Cert IV in New Small Business (BSB42618). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan, with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Once enrolled, you may also consider additional training to complement your business skills, with courses such as:
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50515 Diploma of Franchising
- BSB42518 Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- BSB40715 Certificate IV in Franchising
The BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business is comprised of a total of 10 units – 4 core units and 6 elective units, which have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of business entrepreneurs.
BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
BSBSMB421 – Manage small business finances
BSBCUS401 – Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
BSBLDR401 – Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
BSBRES411 – Analyse and present research information
BSBSMB420 – Evaluate and develop small business operations
BSBADM409 – Coordinate business resources
BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
The BSB40320 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business, which is equivalent to this course, was released on 19 October 2020. What we offer, the BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business, has an 18-month teach out period, starting from that date. As such, students will still gain this qualification, provided they successfully complete course requirements within this period. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video-recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone or video recorder) to record role-play activities and presentations
- At least six (6) people to participate in various role plays tasks (may be friends, family members, colleagues, etc.)
- A safe environment to conduct the role play activity
- Equipment for a research presentation i.e. laptop, projector, projector screen
- MYOB AccountRight Enterprise v19
- Printer and scanner for processing documents
- Webcam and USB headset for participating in webinars (optional)
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
There are a total of up to 934 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 4 cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – Includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; No recent related industry experience; Study hours is up to 934 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 625 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; recent related industry work experience of one year or more; study hours is up to 474 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 460 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Portfolio (e.g. written documents, photographs, videos, logbooks), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in New Small Business, you are now qualified for a career in the field of business. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (31.3%)
- Professionals (17.9%)
- Managers (16.0%)
Business Administration News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.