Safe Online Delivery!
"August Business Career Intake" On NOW!
Only $1090 for Cert IV Business (Administration)
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 30th August.
Your FREE Cert IV Business (Admin) Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration) is Australia’s latest and leading course for individuals who want to learn a broad range of business administration skills. Being nationally-accredited and recognised, it is ideal for anyone that needs to learn business admin functions for use in their current role, wants to gain new skills, those wishing to apply for a promotion, and those that want a new job that requires various business administration skills.
Inspire’s online business administration course is designed to give you the extra skills you need to propel your career forward, in a huge range of sectors and businesses!
During your business administration training, you will learn a range of admin functions, useful in a range of workplaces. This includes how to organise business meetings and undertake project work, as well as how to build and maintain business relationships, produce complex spreadsheets, and use digital technology for collaborative work. Additionally, you’ll be training on critical thinking, WHS policies and programs, and using emotional intelligence.
Where Can this Business Administration Skills Course Take Your Career?
The Administration specialisation course of the Cert IV in Business will give you the training you need to take on many business admin and office functions. Completing nationally-recognised business admin training may help you work towards your goal of becoming a:
- Office Manager
- Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Sustainability Manager
- Sales Assistant
- Sustainability Officer
- Trade Coordinator
- Assistant Records Manager
- Customer Service Assistant
Looking at Australia’s office assistant jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Certificate IV in Business (Administration) can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|BSB40120||Certificate IV in Business (Administration)|
Expected Study Hours:
|Up to 12 Months||Up to 605 hours, depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode (Workplace Required)||Start any time for Online Self-Paced (Mixed Mode)!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration) online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal, and complete relevant units in the workplace. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Business Admin course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB40120 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Business Administration Skills Course?
The Cert IV in Business Administration online course will help prepare you to become an effective business administrator in a range of workplaces.
During your business admin training, you will learn a broad range of valuable administration skills – such as how to design and produce complex spreadsheets, write complex documents, and develop personal work priorities.
Additionally, you will learn how to coordinate business resources and organise business meetings. You’ll also gain skills in workplace health and safety, critical thinking, communication strategies, and how to use technology for collaboration in your workplace or office.
In summary, this course will give you a variety of admin skills that you can apply in a broad range of businesses and workplace settings.
Reach your goals with first-class business admin training, today!
There are no prerequisites required to enter the Cert IV in Business (Admin) (BSB40120). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
After completing the Certificate IV in Business (Administration), learners can continue their studies with the BSB50120 Diploma of Business. The Diploma qualification is suitable to advance into roles such as an Administration Manager (Local Government), Executive Officer, or Office Manager.
Afterwards you may also pursue further study with these courses:
Inspire Education’s BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration) is comprised of a total of 12 units—6 core and 6 electives, which have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of administration professionals.
BSBCRT411 – Apply critical thinking to work practices
BSBTEC404 – Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
BSBTWK401 – Build and maintain business relationships
BSBWHS411 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplace
specialisation + elective Units:
BSBOPS401 – Coordinate business resources
BSBOPS405 – Organise business meetings
BSBTEC402 – Design and produce complex spreadsheets
BSBPMG430 – Undertake project work
BSBPEF502 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBPEF402 – Develop personal work priorities
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business is the latest business course, superseding both the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business and the BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration. Business Administration is one of the specialisations of the new course. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Case studies and simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to relevant Act, Regulation and Standards
- MYOB Student Edition
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Printer and scanner
- Headset for webinar participation (optional)
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone, video recorder)
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
There are a total of up to 605 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 4 cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in entry-level business roles without any previously completed formal qualifications; includes those who may be unemployed or looking for a career change and those who may have previously completed a Cert I or II qualification; study hours is up to 605 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in entry-level business roles without any previously completed formal qualifications, but may have some minor work experience related to business admin for less than a year; includes those who are currently employed and seeking career advancement, and those who may have previously completed an unrelated Cert III or IV qualification, or a Cert III qualification in Business within the BSB Training Package; study hours is up to 445 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners who have worked previously as a clerk, receptionist, administration assistant, service officer, operator, or other similar roles but does not have any recent industry experience; learners who may be working in an admin role for their own business for at least a year, without any formal qualifications; learners who have extensive admin experience for 2 or more years, and are seeking career advancement or change; learners who hold one or more of the qualifications listed below, but does not have any relevant, recent work experience; study hours is up to 364 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals who are currently working in a business admin role for more than 5 years; and learners who hold one or more of the qualifications listed below, and practising in a workplace; study hours is up to 241 hours
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40315 Certificate IV in Customer Engagement
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB40615 Certificate IV in Business Sales
- BSB41115 Certificate IV in International Trade
- BSB41618 Certificate IV in Business (Procurement)
- BSB41715 Certificate IV in Recordkeeping
- BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability
Student must have access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments. This will include access to:
- A workplace supervisor
- Office equipment and resources
- Cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, SharePoint, or similar)
- Active email address
- Any application that takes screenshots (e.g. Screenpresso, SnagIt, etc.)
- Online meeting application (e.g. Google Meet, Slack, Zoon, Skype, etc.)
- Opportunity to undertake at least one (1) project and have access to:
- Project plan/s, project briefs, and project summary
- Written report for project evaluation
- Organisational objective
- Documentation on at least two (2) other relevant projects
- At least two (2) project team members
- At least two (2) project stakeholders
For units with dual pathway options:
- Simulated workplace pathways
- At least six (6) volunteers to assist in role-play tasks
- Online survey software or website
- Workplace pathways
- Two (2) supervisors
- At least two (2) relevant workplace personnel
- At least two (2) internal stakeholders
- At least one (1) external stakeholder
- At least two (2) clients
- At least two (2) specialist advisors
- At least one (1) of each: formal and informal networking activity
- All policies, procedures, legislation in relation to work processes
Important Note: Some workplaces require additional training, checks and/or immunisations. The state and territory governments have made public health orders requiring certain workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in their state or territory. Please visit our FAQ page to learn how the COVID-19 pandemic impacts assessments and training in the workplace.
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaires, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, self-evaluation) and Product-based Methods* (e.g. projects, practical assessment, case study, and structured tasks).
*Dual Pathways – students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
Learners who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning.
Please see the RPL Guide for more information on this process and instructions on how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Business (Administration), you are now qualified to advance your roles in business and administration. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Team Leader
- Assistant Business Analyst
- Assistant Security Analyst
- Business Development Assistant
Business Administration News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.