Safe Online Delivery!
“EOFY Last Chance Sale” On NOW!
Only $1490 for Diploma of Accounting
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 2 Days.
Your FREE Diploma of Accounting Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting course is ideal for those wanting to get forge ahead in their accounting career. Being nationally-accredited and recognised, it is ideal for anyone that wants to learn a broad range of accounting practices for their current role, or forge a career as a BAS agent, bookkeeper, tax agent (need to be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board), or start their own business.
Inspire Education’s (RTO# 32067) online accounting diploma will give you core skills in accounting you need to potentially boost your job prospects, or forge a new career pathway into a wide range of industries requiring sound accounting knowledge.
During your diploma in accounting online training, you will learn a range of critical accounting functions. This includes how to prepare tax documents and financial reports for businesses and individuals. Also, you will learn how to provide management accounting information, and information on financial and business performance.
Additionally, you’ll learn to manage budgets and forecasts, complete business activity and instalment activity statements, and how to establish and maintain payroll systems.
The Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) will give you the skills to provide professional financial services boosting your job prospects and establishing a career pathway into all industries.
Where Can the Diploma of Accounting Take Your Career?
The latest online Diploma of Accounting course is perfect for individuals who wish to fill the following roles:
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Sector Supervisor
- Assistant Accountant
- Tax Agent
- Tax Accountant
- Financial Controller
- BAS Agent
- Tax Return Accountant
- Business Accountant
- Registered Tax Agent
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Tax Return Agent
- Virtual Bookkeepers
- Personal Accountant
- Remote Bookkeeper
- Personal Financial Manager
- TPB Tax Agent
- Group Financial Controller
Looking at Australia’s accountant jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Diploma of Accounting can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|FNS50217||Diploma of Accounting|
Expected Study Hours:
|Maximum time to finish the course is until 31 May 2023||Up to 1,145 study hours, depending on your existing skills and knowledge|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for this delivery method!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Diploma Accounting course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this FNS50217 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 31 May 2023 starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in this Diploma of Accounting Course?
This FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting online course will help you prepare you to become adept and effective in a range of accounting functions.
During your diploma-level accounting training, you will gain a broad range of accounting skills that can be used in any business setting. You will learn how to prepare tax returns for individuals, implement internal control processes, manage budgets and forecasts, prepare financial reports, and provide financial and business performance information.
Additionally, for those seeking to run their own business or become a tax agent, you will learn how to work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, as well as how to complete business and instalment activity statements.
This Diploma of Accounting course will help you develop a broad range of accounting skills whether you want to apply them in your existing job, or start your own business as a tax agent.
Forge your path, with first-class accounting training, today!
Students enrolling in the Diploma of Accounting course must have completed any of the courses below:
- FNSSS0014 Accounting Principles Skills Set; or
- FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent; or
- FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent
Students entering this Diploma course without any of the entry requirements mentioned above may opt to enrol in the FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course with Inspire Education.
Also, it is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older;
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English or equivalent)
- Have intermediate computer skills (especially with Word and Excel)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) is suitable for individuals looking to advance their education and training in the financial services industry, and those seeking to gain advanced accounting knowledge.
Once enrolled in this course you may also consider additional training to complement your accounting skills:
- FNS60217 – Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- BSB40120 – Certificate IV in Business (Operations)
- BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
The FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting is comprised of 11 units – 6 core units and 5 elective units. Our elective course units have been carefully chosen to ensure students meet the needs of a wide range of financial services professionals.
FNSACC511 – Provide financial and business performance information
FNSACC512 – Prepare tax documentation for individuals
FNSACC513 – Manage budgets and forecasts
FNSACC514 – Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
FNSACC516 – Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSACC517 – Provide management accounting information
BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
FNSACC408 – Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
FNSTPB401 – Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSTPB402 – Establish and maintain payroll systems
The FNS50222 Diploma of Accounting, which supersedes this course, was released on 15 June 2022. What we offer, the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting, has a teach out period of 12 months. As such, eligible students will still gain this qualification, provided they successfully complete course requirements within this period.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submissions
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to MYOB (Note: MYOB is NOT compatible with Mac OS)
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Ongoing access to a workplace to conduct assessments, ideally with the assistance or mentorship of a supervisor
- Windows computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Skype/GoToMeeting/GoToTraining, Radmin, and TeamViewer (free downloads) for students doing supervised assessments
- Basic calculator (handheld or on a computer)
- Webcam and USB headset
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
There are a total of up to 1,145 expected study hours for this accounting diploma online course, depending on your existing accounting principles skill set and knowledge and including assessment activities. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 4 Cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – Limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience; includes learners who are interested in an accounting supervisor role without any formal qualifications. Study hours is up to 1,145 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – Moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience; includes learners who are interested in becoming a bookkeeping or accounting supervisor without formal qualification, but may have some minor relevant administrative work experience for less than a year; also learners who may have supervisory experience in an unrelated industry; also learners who have completed a Certificate IV or Diploma from a different FNS training package, a Certificate III within this FNS Training Package, or those who have successfully completed partially any of the prerequisites of this qualification. Study hours is up to 855 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – Extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; learners who have worked previously as in a relevant supervisory role, but without any recent industry experience; also learners who may be working as accounting supervisor for their own business for at least a year without formal qualification; also learners who have previously completed superseded versions of qualifications or units from the FNS Training Package, such as the FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting; Study hours is up to 600 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – Learners who have previously completed the FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting and is currently working in the industry for at least 2 years; also learners who are currently working as an accounting supervisor or similar roles for the last 3 years; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding the BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business who are currently working in the industry. Study hours is up to 537 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Direct Observation (e.g. assessments in real-time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation that reflects the workplace), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports)
This Diploma of Accounting includes units that are relevant for registration as a Tax Agent. Persons seeking registration with the Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) should check current registration requirements since these are reviewed regularly.
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is offered to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this qualification. This can include any previous training (formal or informal) or previous life or work experience.
The RPL process is simple and straightforward. You just have to indicate on your enrolment form that you would like to apply for RPL. Once your enrolment is confirmed, you will receive an RPL pack to help with evidence collection. Your trainer will also get in touch with you to go through any potential RPL opportunities you may have.
Once you’ve gained the Diploma in Accounting online course, you are now qualified for a career in financial services. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Assistant Accountant
- Senior Payroll Officer
Accounting and Bookkeeping News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.