Your FREE Diploma of Accounting Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options
✓ Latest Timetable Information
This Diploma of Accounting course is ideal for those wanting to get forge ahead in their accounting career. Being nationally-accredited and recognised, it is ideal for anyone that wants to learn a broad range of accounting practices for their current role, or forge a career as a BAS agent, bookkeeper, tax agent, or start their own business.
During your diploma in accounting online training, you will learn a range of critical accounting functions. This includes how to prepare tax documents and financial reports for businesses and individuals. Also, you will learn how to provide management accounting information, and information on financial and business performance.
Additionally, you’ll learn to manage budgets and forecasts, complete business activity and instalment activity statements, and how to establish and maintain payroll systems.
The Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) will give you the skills to provide professional financial services boosting your job prospects and establishing a career pathway into all industries.
Where Can the Diploma of Accounting Take Your Career?
The latest FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting course is perfect for individuals who wish to fill the following roles:
- Tax Agent
- Tax Accountant
- Financial Controller
- BAS Agent
- Assistant Accountant
- Tax Return Accountant
- Business Accountant
- Registered Tax Agent
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Tax Return Agent
- Virtual Bookkeepers
- Personal Accountant
- Remote Bookkeeper
- Personal Financial Manager
- TPB Tax Agent
- Group Financial Controller
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|FNS50217||Diploma of Accounting|
Expected Study Hours:
|Up to 24 months||Up to 1,115 study hours, depending on your existing skills and knowledge|
|Online Self-Paced Learning||Start any time for this delivery method!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers this Diploma course through Mixed Mode Delivery, which means it will be self-paced and completed via distance education using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Doing the study online allows you to work at your own pace and fit your study around your work, family and life schedule, while you are supported by our talented accounting trainers. This is perfect for busy professionals and for individuals in between jobs, who are looking to complete the course quickly so they can rejoin the workforce as soon as possible.
Online learning also allows us to accept enrolments from anywhere in Australia (or overseas). You can start training and get your accounting career on track whether you live in regional areas or in major cities like Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney.
Please click here to read Inspire Education (RTO# 32067)’s policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling.
Course Duration: You will have up to 24 months from your course start date to complete your training through online learning. There are no set course dates so you can enrol and begin studying straight away and work through the course as fast as you like!
What Will You Learn in this Diploma of Accounting Course?
This FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting online course will help you prepare you to become adept and effective in a range of accounting functions.
During your diploma-level accounting training, you will gain a broad range of accounting skills that can be used in any business setting. You will learn how to prepare tax returns for individuals, implement internal control processes, manage budgets and forecasts, prepare financial reports, and provide financial and business performance information.
Additionally, for those seeking to run their own business or become a tax agent, you will learn how to work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, as well as how to complete business and instalment activity statements.
This Diploma of Accounting course will help you develop a broad range of accounting skills whether you want to apply them in your existing job, or start your own business as a tax agent.
Forge your path, with first-class accounting training, today!
Students enrolling in the Diploma of Accounting course must have completed any of the courses below:
- FNSSS0014 Accounting Principles Skills Set; or
- FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent; or
- FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent
Students entering this Diploma course without any of the entry requirements mentioned above may opt to enrol in the FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course with Inspire Education.
Also, it is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years or older;
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English or equivalent)
- Have intermediate computer skills (especially with Word and Excel)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) is suitable for individuals looking to advance their education and training in the financial services industry, and those seeking to gain advanced accounting knowledge.
Once enrolled in this course you may also consider additional training to complement your accounting skills:
The FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting is comprised of 11 units – 6 core units and 5 elective units. Our elective course units have been carefully chosen to ensure students meet the needs of a wide range of financial services professionals.
FNSACC511 – Provide financial and business performance information
FNSACC512 – Prepare tax documentation for individuals
FNSACC513 – Manage budgets and forecasts
FNSACC514 – Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
FNSACC516 – Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSACC517 – Provide management accounting information
BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
FNSACC408 – Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
FNSTPB401 – Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSTPB402 – Establish and maintain payroll systems
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submissions
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to MYOB (Note: MYOB is NOT compatible with Mac OS)
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Ongoing access to a workplace to conduct assessments, ideally with the assistance or mentorship of a supervisor
- Windows computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Skype/GoToMeeting/GoToTraining, Radmin, and TeamViewer (free downloads) for students doing supervised assessments
- Basic calculator (handheld or on a computer)
- Webcam and USB headset
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 1,115 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge and including assessment activities. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 1,115 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 855 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one year or more. Study hours is up to 600 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding the BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business who are currently working in the industry. Study hours is up to 537 hours
You will be assessed using a combination of questioning, product-based methods, direct observation, and third-party evidence.
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is offered to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this qualification. This can include any previous training (formal or informal) or previous life or work experience.
The RPL process is simple and straightforward. You just have to indicate on your enrolment form that you would like to apply for RPL. Once your enrolment is confirmed, you will receive an RPL pack to help with evidence collection. Your trainer will also get in touch with you to go through any potential RPL opportunities you may have.
*Payment plans and options available to selected course only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.