Safe Online Course!
“Final May EOFY-Presale” On NOW!
Save Up To 48% for Cert IV in
Accounting and Bookkeeping
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends in 8 Days.
Your FREE Cert IV Accounting & Bookkeeping Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options
✓ Latest Timetable Information
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course supersedes the older FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping, and FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting qualifications, and is designed for those wanting to advance skills, or pursue careers in the financial services industry – including business operations, accounts, accounting, and bookkeeping.
Inspire Education’s (RTO# 32067) Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping training will give you core skills in accounting and bookkeeping you need to potentially boost your job prospects, or forge a new career pathway into a wide range of industries.
This nationally-recognised and nationally-accredited online bookkeeping and accounting training course teach skills required to prepare financial reports, process financial transactions, administer accounts and ledgers, and operate a computerised accounting system.
You’ll also learn how to establish and maintain payroll systems, develop complex spreadsheets, prepare budgets and financial statements, as well as complete business activity statements, and instalment activity statements.
Studying the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping online is ideal for those already working in administration or office manager roles that want to learn more about bookkeeping, keeping accounts, and accounting – and for those wishing to start their own business as contract bookkeepers.
This course is also suitable for those wishing to fulfil the educational requirements to become a registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) Agent, one of the most essential functions contract bookkeepers offer Australian businesses. An optional exam and 1,400 hours of experience are required to get Tax Practitioners Board TPB) registration.
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping also offers unique study pathways, and is a prerequisite for studying the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting.
Where Can this Cert IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting Take Your Career?
Becoming qualified in many accounting and bookkeeper practices is an exciting career move. Our Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Course is perfect for those wishing to pursue a career as a:
- Senior Accounts Administrator
- BAS Agent
- Payroll Administrator
Looking at Australia’s bookkeeper jobs outlook and financial services industry-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|FNS40217||Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping|
Expected Study Hours:
|Up to 24 months||Up to 1,130 study hours depending on industry experience|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for this delivery method!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the FNS40217 Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this FNS40217 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Additionally, Inspire Education offers an optional supervised examination for students who are seeking registration in the future (additional payments apply).
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 24 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in this Cert IV Bookkeeping and Accounting Course?
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is designed to help you develop the skills you need to perform a wide range of entry, through to mid-level accounts, accounting and bookkeeping jobs in the accounting and bookkeeping industry. An optional exam can fulfil the educational requirements for TPB registration.
Throughout the course, you will gain a huge range of skills that you could use to apply to a broad range of industries – in roles that require bookkeeping, accounts, financial reporting, payroll, financial transactions, budgeting, and other critical accounting practices knowledge.
You will develop a broad range of competencies highly regarded by prospective employers in virtually all industry sectors.
There are no prerequisites required to start this Cert IV bookkeeping and Accounting qualification. However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English and Maths, or equivalent)
- Have sound computer skills, especially with Word, Excel, and MYOB
It is also recommended that students:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this FNS40217 course may wish to study other courses that will complement their bookkeeping and accounting skills. Other options available for students may include:
- FNS50217 – Diploma of Accounting
- FNS60217 – Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- BSB40120 – Certificate IV in Business (Operations or Administration specialisation)
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is comprised of 13 units – 8 core units plus 5 elective units. Our Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping elective units have been carefully selected to ensure students meet the needs of a wide range of roles requiring accounting skills.
BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
BSBSMB412 – Introduce cloud computing into business operations
FNSACC311 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC312 – Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC408 – Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
FNSACC416 – Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSTPB401 – Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSTPB402 – Establish and maintain payroll systems
BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
FNSACC405 – Maintain inventory records
FNSACC412 – Prepare operational budgets
BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
FNSACC414 – Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submissions
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to MYOB Student (for Windows users only)
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Latest MYOB Student software (for Mac users ONLY)
- Radmin Viewer and Skype (free app downloads)
- At least three (3) volunteers to participate in assessment activities
- Photo, audio, and video recording equipment (e.g. phone, camera, etc.)
- Basic calculator (handheld or on computer)
- Webcam and headset (for watching/listening to webinars)
Course Outline & Structure
Up to 1130 study hours is expected for this course, depending on each learner’s existing knowledge and skill. You will be provided with a training plan and a cohort level based on your existing skills and knowledge through a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation.
The amount of training and support for each learner will vary on these 4 cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in becoming a bookkeeper or accountant without any previously completed formal qualifications; also includes learners who may be unemployed and looking for a career change; study hours is from 1030 to 1130 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners who are interested in becoming a bookkeeper or accountant without any previously completed formal qualifications, but may have some minor work experience related to bookkeeping or accounting for less than a year; also includes learners who may have previously completed a Certificate III qualification within the FNS Training Package (release 1.0 to 3.0), or a Certificate III or IV that is not from the FNS Training Package; study hours is from 960 to 1060 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners who have worked previously as an accounts administrator/clerk, accounts payable/receivable officer, debtors clerk, or payroll officer without any recent industry experience; also learners who may be working as an accountant or bookkeeper for their own business without any formal qualifications for at least a year; also includes learners who have previously completed superseded versions of this qualification from the FNS10 Training Package; study hours is from 510 to 610 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – includes learners who have previously completed FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or the FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting, and is currently working in the industry for at least 2 years; also learners who are currently working as an accountant, bookkeeper, or any similar roles for the last 3 years; study hours is up to 518 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaires, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, self-evaluation), Product-based Methods (e.g. project, practical assessment, case study, structured tasks), and Direct Observation* (e.g. assessments that involved observing candidates as they complete relevant tasks).
*FNSTPB401 and FNSTPB402 observations are optional
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Inspire Education has a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy to ensure that an individual’s prior learning, achieved through formal and informal training, work experience or other life experiences, is appropriately recognised. This RPL process may assist students to progress faster through a unit of competency, or allow the student full credit for previously completed units with another RTO.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this qualification. See the Inspire RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Career Pathways in the Accounting and Bookkeeping Industry
Upon successful completion of your Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, you are now qualified for a career in financial services. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Finance Sector Supervisor
- Accounts Supervisor
Accounting and Bookkeeping News and Related Articles
*Payment plans and options are available to selected courses only. Course timetables only for courses that offer blended delivery option.