Safe Online Delivery!
“2021 New Year, New Career" Sale On NOW!
Only $990 for Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping
Hurry - Enquire Now! Ends 28th January.
Your FREE Cert IV Accounting & Bookkeeping Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options
✓ Latest Timetable Information
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course supersedes the older FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping, and FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting qualifications, and is designed for those wanting to advance skills, or pursue careers in accounts, accounting, and bookkeeping.
Inspire’s Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping training will give you core skills in accounting and bookkeeping you need to potentially boost your job prospects, or forge a new career pathway into a wide range of industries.
This nationally-recognised and nationally-accredited online bookkeeping and accounting training course teaches skills required to prepare financial reports, process financial transactions, administer accounts and ledgers, operate computerised accounting system, establish and maintain payroll systems, develop complex spreadsheets, prepare budgets and financial statements, as well as complete business activity statements, and installment activity statements.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping can be studied online, and is ideal for those already working in administration or office manager roles that want to learn more about bookkeeping, keeping accounts, and accounting – and for those wishing to start their own business as contract bookkeepers.
This course is also suitable for those wishing to fulfill the educational requirements to become a registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) Agent, one of the most essential functions contract bookkeepers offer Australian businesses. An optional exam and 1,400 hours of experience are required to get Tax Practioner Board (TPB) registration.
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping also offers unique study pathways, and is a prerequisite for studying the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting.
Where Can the FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Take Your Career?
Becoming qualified in many accounting and bookkeeper practices is an exciting career move. Our Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Course is perfect for those wishing to pursue a career as a:
- Business bookkeeper
- Payroll officer
- Admin assistant
- Accounts administrator
- Accounts payable officer
- Accounts receivables officer
- Administration manager
- Office manager
- Contract bookkeeper
- Accounting support officer
- Registered BAS agent (conditions apply)
- Virtual bookkeeper
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|FNS40217||Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping|
Expected Study Hours:
|Up to 24 months||Up to 1,125 study hours depending on industry experience|
|Online Self-Paced Learning||Start any time for this delivery method!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the FNS40217 Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this FNS40217 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Accounting and Bookkeeping Course?
The FNS Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is designed to help you develop the skills you need to perform a wide range of entry, through to mid-level accounts, accounting and bookkeeping jobs. An optional exam can fulfill the educational requirements for TPB registration.
Throughout the course, you will gain a huge range of skills that you could use to apply to a broad range of industries – in roles that require bookkeeping, accounts, financial reporting, payroll, financial transactions, budgeting, and other critical accounting practices knowledge.
You will develop a broad range of competencies highly regarded by prospective employers in virtually all industry sectors.
There are no prerequisites required to enter this accounting and bookkeeping qualification. However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English and Maths, or equivalent)
- Have sound computer skills, especially with Word, Excel, and MYOB
- Hold a Certificate III in Accounts Administration OR have equivalent accounting experience
It is also recommended that students:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this FNS40217 course may wish to study other courses that will complement their bookkeeping and accounting skills. Other options available for students may include:
- FNS50217 – Diploma of Accounting
- FNS60217 – Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40515 – Certificate IV in Business Administration
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Course Units - FNS40217 Certiifcate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is comprised of 13 units – 8 core units plus 5 elective units. Our Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping elective units have been carefully selected to ensure students meet the needs of a wide range of roles requiring accounting skills.
BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
BSBSMB412 – Introduce cloud computing into business operations
FNSACC311 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC312 – Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC408 – Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
FNSACC416 – Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSTPB401 – Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSTPB402 – Establish and maintain payroll systems
BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
FNSACC405 – Maintain inventory records
FNSACC412 – Prepare operational budgets
BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
FNSACC414 – Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submissions
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to MYOB (Note: MYOB is NOT compatible with Mac OS)
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Ongoing access to a workplace to conduct assessments
- Windows computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Skype/GoToMeeting/GoToTraining, Radmin, and TeamViewer (free downloads) for students doing supervised assessments
- At least three (3) volunteers to participate in assessment activities
- Photo, audio, and video recording equipment (e.g. phone, camera, etc.)
- Basic calculator (handheld or on a computer)
- Headset (for watching and listening to webinars)
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: Up to 1,125 study hours is expected for this course, depending on each learner’s existing knowledge and skill. You will be provided with a training plan and a cohort level based on your existing skills and knowledge through a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation.
Inspire Education has identified has 4 student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes individuals with limited knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification and with no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 1,125 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes individuals with moderate prior knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification and with limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 890 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes individuals with extensive knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification and with recent related industry work experience of one year or more; study hours is up to 595 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment Only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and with extensive specific knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; this includes candidates already holding the FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping and FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 518 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), and Direct Observation (e.g. assessment in real time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Inspire Education has a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy to ensure that an individual’s prior learning, achieved through formal and informal training, work experience or other life experiences, is appropriately recognised. This RPL process may assist students to progress faster through a unit of competency, or allow the student full credit for previously completed units with another RTO.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this qualification. See the Inspire RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.