Your FREE Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This Marketing and Communication course is the ideal qualification for taking your creative passion one step further! By studying this course, you will learn how to make presentations, articulate, present, and debate ideas, apply digital solutions to work processes, and apply marketing communication across a convergent industry. This qualification will introduce you to the world of marketing and how it works.
You will also learn how to analyse consumer behaviours, promote products and services, implement customer service strategies, and undertake marketing activities.
Where Can the BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication Take Your Career?
The latest Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (BSB40820) will help you work effectively within the marketing industry with confidence and competence and is perfect for anyone wishing to engage in job roles such as:
- Public Relations Officer
- Marketing Officer
- Marketing Coordinator
Looking at Australia’s Marketing Coordinator jobs outlook and marketing-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Cert IV Marketing and Communication qualification can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB40820||Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 1025 hours depending on your experience|
|Mixed Mode||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB40820 Cert IV in Marketing and Communication online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Marketing and Communication course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this latest BSB40820 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Marketing and Communication Course?
The BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication is a nationally accredited course which will help you learn how to analyse consumer behaviours, make presentations, articulate, present, and debate ideas, and apply marketing communication across a convergent industry, among others.
Apart from those, you will also learn how to implement and monitor advertising production and customer service strategies.
There are no prerequisites required to enter the Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (BSB40820). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy and numeracy skills (at least Year 10, or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan, with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this Marketing course may wish to study other courses that will support them further in their marketing, communication, and other industry skills. Other options available for students may include:
The BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication is comprised of a total of 12 units – 6 core units and 6 elective units, including the specialised Marketing units. These electives have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of business entrepreneurs.
BSBCMM401 – Make a presentations
BSBCRT412 – Articulate, present and debate ideas
BSBMKG433 – Undertake marketing activities
BSBMKG435 – Analyse consumer behaviour
BSBMKG439 – Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
Marketing Specialisation Units:
BSBMKG434 – Promote products and services
BSBMKG438 – Implement and monitor advertising production
Other Elective Units:
BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
BSBOPS404 – Implement customer service strategies
BSBTEC403 – Apply digital solutions to work processes
BSBMKG440 – Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
The BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication is the latest marketing course, superseding both the BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Case studies and simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to relevant Act, Regulations and Standards
- MYOB Student Edition
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor; this will include access to:
- Organisational Policies, Procedures and Legislative Requirements
- Risk Management Systems
- At least two (2) risk management stakeholders in the workplace to consult with
- At least two (2) individuals or groups within the organisation to refer identified risks to
- At least four (4) different stakeholders involved in workplace processes related to business operations, including processes related to the production of complex documents
- Digital tools for creation of different online systems including:
- Wikipedia pages
- Cloud-based document storage
- Online forms
- At least four (4) volunteers to participate in various role play tasks
- Video and audio recording tool (e.g. mobile phone, camcorder)
- Typical equipment and resources found in offices (paper, writing tools, printer/scanner, etc.)
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- Latest versions of MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 1025 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 1025 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; learners who are interested in entry-level marketing and communication role without any previously completed formal qualification, but may have some minor relevant work for less than a year; study hours is up to 835 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; learners who may be working in relevant marketing and communication roles for at least one year, without any formal qualifications; includes learners holding the BSB40115 Cert IV in Advertising or the BSB41315 Cert IV in Marketing currently working with the industry; study hours is up to 555 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification, including those currently holding the BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication while practising in a workplace; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; study hours is up to 499 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaire, knowledge assessment, self-evaluation, and self-reflection), Product-based Methods* (e.g. projects, practical assessment, case study, structured tasks), Portfolio (e.g. portfolio, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, and logbook), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports).
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Marketing and Communication, you are now qualified for a career in the marketing field. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (31.3%)
- Professionals (17.9%)
- Managers (16.0%)