Your FREE Certificate IV in Human Resource Management Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management is one of Australia’s leading human resources courses. Being the latest nationally-accredited and recognised HR course, it is ideal for anyone who needs to learn a broad range of human resources functions for use in their current role, those who want to gain new skills, those wishing to apply for a promotion, and those who want a new job that requires HR skills and knowledge.
Inspire Education’s online human resource course is designed to give you the extra skills you need to propel your career forward, in a huge range of sectors and businesses!
During your human resources training, you will learn a range of HR functions. This includes supporting employee and industrial relations, coordinating recruitment and onboarding, and implementing and monitoring WHS policies, procedures, and programs. You will also take on specialised HR skills such as using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and processing payroll.
Where Can this Human Resource Course Take Your Career?
The course will give you the HR training you need to perform key human resource tasks and activities with confidence in various business settings. Completing nationally-recognised human resource training may help you work towards your goal of becoming a:
- Human Resources Officer
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Payroll Officer
Looking at Australia’s HR Manager job outlook and HR-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the link to explore where the Cert IV Human Resource Management qualification can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB40420||Certificate IV in Human Resource Management|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 995 hours depending on your experience|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB40420 Cert IV in Human Resource Management online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery with workplace training. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV HR Management course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB40420 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Human Resource Course?
This BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management online course will help prepare you in becoming an effective human resources manager, officer, or support person.
During your HR training, you will learn a broad range of valuable HR skills, such as administering performance development processes; coordinating recruitment and onboarding; and supporting human resource functions.
Furthermore, you’ll also learn how to organise business meetings, process payroll, use HR information systems, implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs.
In summary, this HR course is perfect for you if you want to broaden your career, and start applying human resource skills in various workplace settings!
Reach your goals with first-class human resources training, today!
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, however it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10, or equivalent)
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this Cert IV HR Management course may wish to study other courses that will support them further in their human resource management and other industry skills.
Other options available to students may include:
The BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management is comprised of 12 units – 6 core units and 6 electives. Our HR elective units have been carefully chosen to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of jobs requiring human resources skills.
BSBHRM411 – Administer performance development processes
BSBHRM412 – Support employee and industrial relations
BSBHRM413 – Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
BSBHRM415 – Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
BSBHRM417 – Support human resource functions and processes
BSBWHS411 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
Group A Elective Units:
BSBHRM414 – Use human resources information systems
BSBHRM416 – Process payroll
Group B Elective Units:
BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
BSBOPS405 – Organise business meetings
BSBINS401 – Analyse and present research information
BSBLDR413 – Lead effective workplace relationships
The BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources has an 18-month teach out period, starting from that date. As such, students already enrolled in that course will still gain that qualification, provided they successfully complete course requirements within the mentioned period.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Case studies and simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing project documents, including access to relevant acts, regulations and standards
- MYOB Student Edition
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor. This will include access to:
- Organisational policies, procedures, and legislative requirements
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS) with the following functions:
- Learning and Development
- HRIS resources including:
- At least two (2) stakeholders in the use of the HRIS
- Three (3) recently hired employees
- One (1) departing employee
- Two (2) employees with professional development goals
- Five (5) employees to participate in a workplace learning survey
- Payroll System
- Employee pay period details
- Payroll register
- Employee timecards
- Information on pay rates and paycheque deductions
- Approving authority for payroll
- Designated persons for resolving enquiries/concerns
- Risk Management Systems
- At least two (2) risk management stakeholders in the workplace to consult with
- At least two (2) individuals or groups within the organisation to refer identified risks to
- Work Health and Safety Systems
- At least two (2) current (in the last 5 years) work health and safety documentation
- At least two (2) relevant people in the workplace to deliver a safety induction to
- At least three (3) relevant personnel from the workplace to participate in a WHS consultation
- At least six (6) volunteers to participate in various role play tasks
- At least three (3) survey respondents
- Video and audio recording tool (e.g. mobile phone, camcorder)
- Typical equipment and resources found in offices (paper, writing tools, printer/scanner, etc.)
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- Latest or compatible versions of MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 995 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 995 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 885 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; worked previously in a relevant role, or have completed BSB41013 Certificate IV in Human Resources, but with no recent related industry work experience; study hours is up to 510 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals currently working in a human resources role for more than 5 years and has extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB41013 Certificate IV in Human Resources who are currently practicing in a workplace; study hours is up to 499 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written questions/questionnaire, knowledge assessment, self-reflection, and self-evaluation), Product-based Methods* (e.g. projects, practical assessment, case study, and structured tasks), Portfolio (e.g. portfolio, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
To successfully complete this HR course, assessment components require to be undertaken in a real workplace environment, where evidence gathered demonstrates consistent performance of Human Resource Management duties involving Human Resources Information Systems, Payroll Systems, Work Health and Safety, and Risk Management Systems.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Human Resource Management, you are now qualified for a career in HR. Career information provided by My Skills includes the following job outcomes:
- Human Resources Assistant
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer