Your FREE Certificate IV in Human Resource Management Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
The Certificate IV in Human Resources is one of Australia’s leading human resources (HR) courses. Being nationally-accredited and recognised, it is ideal for anyone that needs to learn a broad range of human resources functions for use in their current role, wants to gain new skills, those wishing to apply for a promotion, and those that want a new job that requires human resources skills and knowledge.
Inspire’s online human resource course is designed to give you the extra skills you need to propel your career forward, in a range of huge range of sectors and businesses!
During your human resources training, you will learn a range of HR functions. This includes how to review human resource functions in a workplace, support performance management, support employee industrial relations procedures; and recruit, select, and induct staff. Additionally, you’ll learn how to implement and monitor workplace health and safety (WHS), organise meetings, analyse and present research information, identify risks, and promote innovation in a team environment.
Where Can this Human Resource Course Take Your Career?
The course will give you the HR training you need to perform key human resource tasks and activities with confidence in most business settings. Completing nationally-recognised human resource training may help you work towards your goal of becoming a:
- HR Administrator
- HR Assistant
- Human Resources Officer
- Recruitment Officer
- HR Coordinator
- HR Officer
- Human Resources Administrator
- Human Resources Assistant
Looking at Australia’s human resource manager jobs outlook and human resources-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Cert IV Human Resources can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere? If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price! Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information. Terms and conditions apply.|
|BSB40420||Certificate IV in Human Resource Management|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 1020 hours depending on your experience|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB41015 Cert IV in Human Resources online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV HR course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB41015 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Human Resource Course?
This BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources online course will help you prepare you to become an effective human resources officer or support person.
During your HR training, you will learn a broad range of valuable HR skills, such as supporting performance management; the recruitment, selection, and induction of staff; how to review human resource functions; and to support employee industrial relations.
Furthermore, you’ll learn how to organise meetings, promote innovation, implement and monitor WHS policies and procedures, identify risks, and analyse and present research research information.
In summary, this HR course is perfect for anyone wanting to broaden their career, and start to apply human resource skills in a broad range of settings!
Reach your goals with first-class human resources training, today!
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, however it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Hold some industry experience in a relevant role (e.g. Administration Officer, Executive Personal Assistant, Human Resources Clerk, Human Resources Officer)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
The BSB41015 Certificate IV in HR is suitable for anyone looking to further their education in the business industry and seeking to gain knowledge of human resources procedures.
Once enrolled in this course you may also consider additional training to complement your HR skills:
- BSB40515 – Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business
- BSB42015 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB41515 – Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- FNS30317 – Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- FNS40217 – Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
The Certificate IV in HR also enables entry into the:
The Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41015 is comprised of 10 units – 6 core units and 4 electives. Our HR elective course units have been carefully chosen to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of jobs requiring human resources skills.
BSBHRM403 – Support performance management processes
BSBHRM404 – Review human resources functions
BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBWRK411 – Support employee and industrial relations procedures
BSBADM405 – Organise meetings
BSBINN301 – Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBRES411 – Analyse and present research information
BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
This course shares a number of units with qualifications such as the BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration.
The BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management, which supersedes this course, was released on 19 October 2020. The BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources has an 18-month teach out period, starting from that date. As such, students will still gain this qualification, provided they successfully complete course requirements within this period. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing project documents, including access to relevant acts, regulations and standards, and their corresponding documentation
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone or video recorder) to record role-play activities and presentations
- Access to a supervisor to observe and provide feedback
- At least three (3) people to participate in various assessment activities including meetings, role-plays and providing feedback
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 1020 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 1020 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 865 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; recent related industry work experience of one year or more; study hours is up to 590 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 460 hours.
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods* (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Direct Observation* (e.g. assessment in real time in the workplace or in a simulated off-the-job situation), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
To successfully complete this HR course, assessment components require to be undertaken in a real workplace environment, where evidence gathered demonstrates consistent performance of Human Resource Management duties involving Human Resources Information Systems, Payroll Systems, Work Health and Safety, and Risk Management Systems.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in HR, you are now qualified for a career in the field of human resources. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (39.9%)
- Professionals (38.5%)
- Managers (12.1%)