Your FREE Cert IV Business (Operations) Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Operations) course is perfect for those wanting to learn a broad range of business skills. Being the latest nationally-accredited and recognised business course, the qualification is ideal for someone who wants more business skills to use in their current role, or wishes to apply for a promotion. This includes individuals who want a new job that requires a variety of useful business skills.
Inspire Education’s online business operations course is designed to give you useful skills that you can apply in a wide variety of business settings and situations! You will also gain a specialisation in business operations, useful in different workplaces.
During your business training, you will learn a range of business functions, including how to use digital technologies for collaboration at work, write complex documents, and apply communication strategies.
You will also learn business plan research and development, business risk management processes, and customer service strategies as part of the business operations specialisation.
Where Can the Certificate IV in Business (Operations) Take Your Career?
This online business operations course is perfect for anyone wishing to become a/an:
- Administrator/Admin Assistant
- Customer Service Advisor
- E-business Practitioner
- Legal Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
- Office Administrator Assistant
- Student Services Officer
- Word Processing Operator
Looking at Australia’s Executive Assistant-related jobs outlook and business-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Cert IV Business (Operations) qualification can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|BSB40120||Certificate IV in Business (Operations)|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 1100 hours depending on your experience|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB40120 Cert IV in Business (Operations) online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, workplace learning, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Business course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB40120 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
Course Duration: You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in this Business Course?
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Operations) online course prepares you with a set of business skills, which you will find useful in various workplace settings and situations.
During your business training, you will learn a broad range of valuable administration skills – such as how to build and maintain business relationships, apply critical thinking to work practices, write complex documents, and apply communication strategies in the workplace.
Additionally, you will gain a specialisation in Business Operations, from business plan research and development to analysis and presentation of research information.
Reach your goals with first-class business skills training, today!
There are no prerequisites required to enter the Cert IV in Business (BSB40120). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10, or equivalent)
Students are also required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation before accessing the course materials and commencing studies
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
Students enrolled in this course may wish to study other courses that will support them further in their business and other industry skills. Other options available for students may include:
The latest BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business is comprised of a total of 12 units, made up of 6 core units, 4 Business Operations specialisation units, and 2 elective units. These have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of business and administration professionals.
BSBCRT411 – Apply critical thinking to work practices
BSBTEC404 – Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
BSBTWK401 – Build and maintain business relationships
BSBWHS411 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
BSBXCM401 – Apply communication strategies in the workplace
Specialisation Elective Units:
BSBINS401 – Analyse and present research information
BSBOPS403 – Apply business risk management processes
BSBESB401 – Research and develop business plans
BSBOPS404 – Implement customer service strategies
oTHER Elective Units:
BSBPEF502 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBPEF402 – Develop personal work priorities
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business is the latest business course, superseding both the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business and the BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Case studies and simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- Access to relevant Act, Regulations and Standards
- MYOB Student Edition
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where you can complete your assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only). This will include access to:
- Organisational Policies, Procedures and Legislative Requirements
- At least four (4) different stakeholders involved in workplace processes related to business operations, including processes related to the production of complex documents
- Risk Management Systems
- At least two (2) risk management stakeholders in the workplace to consult with
- At least two (2) individuals or groups within the organisation to refer identified risks to
- Work Health and Safety Systems
- At least two (2) current (in the last 5 years) work health and safety documentation
- At least two (2) relevant people in the workplace to deliver a safety induction to
- At least three (3) relevant personnel from the workplace to participate in a WHS consultation
- At least six (6) volunteers to participate in various role play tasks
- Sources of information on available digital collaborative technologies
- Video and audio recording tool (e.g. mobile phone, camcorder)
- Typical equipment and resources found in offices (paper, writing tools, printer/scanner, etc.)
- Computer with:
- Internet access with a reliable speed of at least 5mbps
- Google Chrome (recommended browser)
- Latest versions of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, or equivalent applications
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours: There are a total of up to 1100 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary according to their existing experience, knowledge and skills.
Inspire Education has identified four student cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 1100 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. Minor recent related industry experience. Study hours is up to 860 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. This cohort includes those who worked previously in related roles, but don’t have recent related industry work experience; including those holding one or more of the qualifications specified below, but does not have any relevant, recent experience. Study hours is up to 565 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals currently working in business operations roles for more than 5 years, and has extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification. These candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway. This includes candidates holding one or more of the qualifications below while practicing in a workplace. Study hours is up to 460 hours
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB40315 Certificate IV in Customer Engagement
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB40615 Certificate IV in Business Sales
- BSB41115 Certificate IV in International Trade
- BSB41618 Certificate IV in Business (Procurement)
- BSB41715 Certificate IV in Recordkeeping
- BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral questions, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods* (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Portfolio (e.g. written documents, photographs, videos, and logbooks), and Third-Party Evidence (e.g. observation, skills workbook, workplace assessment workbook, logbook, and third-party reports).
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification.
See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Business (Operations), you solidify your business qualifications. Career information provided by My Skills say that people who complete the course are most often employed as:
- Clerical and administrative workers (31.3%)
- Professionals (17.9%)
- Managers (16.0%)