Your FREE Cert IV Business Admin Course Info Pack Includes:
✓ Full Course Outline
✓ Latest Pricing and Promotions
✓ Payment Plans and Options*
✓ Latest Timetable* Information
This Certificate IV in Business Administration is one of Australia’s leading courses for those wanting to learn a broad range of business administration skills. Being nationally-accredited and recognised, it is ideal for anyone that needs to learn a broad range of business admin functions for use in their current role, wants to gain new skills, those wishing to apply for a promotion, and those that want a new job that requires various business administration skills.
Inspire’s online business administration course is designed to give you the extra skills you need to propel your career forward, in a huge range of sectors and businesses!
During your business administration training, you will learn a range of admin functions, useful in a range of workplaces. This includes how to organise meetings and business travel, as well as how to develop and prepare financial reports, complex spreadsheets, and documents. Additionally, you’ll be training on risk management, WHS policies and procedures, as well as how to coordinate business resources, and analyse and present research information.
Where Can this Business Administration Skills Course Take Your Career?
The Cert IV in Business Administration will give you the training you need to take on many business admin and office functions. Completing nationally-recognised business admin training may help you work towards your goal of becoming a:
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Project Administrative
- Office Assistant
- Project Assistant
- General Clerk
- Executive Secretary
- Front Office Manager
- Administrative Executive
- Virtual Admin Assistant
- Junior Admin Assistant
Looking at Australia’s office assistant jobs outlook and business-related jobs outlook will give you a glimpse of the jobs you can take on—possible tasks, salary information, skill level required, and industry growth forecast. Click on the links to explore where the Certificate IV in Business Administration can take you.
Inspire works with a range of reputable parties to market and recruit for national qualification and courses. Students of Inspire Education may be recruited by other parties under specific arrangements.
|Yes! We price match. Want to study with Inspire, but have found a cheaper, equivalent course elsewhere?
If so, let us know! We want to help you ‘Find your Spark’ – so talk to us, and we’ll do our best to match their price!
Ask us now! Call 1800 506 509 for more information.
Terms and conditions apply.
|BSB40120||Certificate IV in Business (Administration)|
Expected Study Hours:
|12 Months||Up to 855 hours depending on your experience|
|Online Self-Paced Course||Start any time for Online Self-Paced!|
Study at Your Own Pace or Choose from a Range of Flexible Study Options
Enrol in the Best Courses, for Some of the Lowest Fees in Australia
Enjoy the Best Possible Training and Support from Passionate Trainers
Course Delivery Options & Duration
Inspire Education (RTO# 32067) delivers the BSB40515 Cert IV in Business Admin online, and through Mixed Mode Delivery. This means students complete their course at their own pace, using Inspire’s online student portal. Delivery includes face-to-face webinars, self-paced study, directed research, and online learning and assessment materials and activities.
Online study is ideal if you want to learn according to your own schedule, and gain your qualification as fast as you can. You can study at your own pace with full trainer support throughout your studies. Your course materials are accessed online, so you are free to work on your course in your own time, from anywhere in Australia.
This online Cert IV Business Admin course can be studied from anywhere in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth – as well as other cities, remote communities, or anywhere with internet access.
Being online, this BSB40515 course has a rolling intake throughout the year. This means you can enrol and start your course straight away, or on your preferred start date.
Please read our policies and procedures in the Inspire student handbook before enrolling by clicking here.
You will have up to 12 months starting from your commencement date to complete the Self-Paced Online course. Students can enrol anytime during the year under this delivery method.
What Will You Learn in the Business Administration Skills Course?
This BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration online course will help you prepare you to become an effective business administrator in a range of workplaces.
During your business admin training, you will learn a broad range of valuable administration skills – such as how to develop and prepare complex spreadsheets, documents, and financial reports.
Additionally, you will learn how to coordinate business resources, and organise meetings and business travel. You’ll also gain skills in workplace health and safety, risk management, research, and how to promote innovation in your workplace or office.
In summary, this course will give you a variety of admin skills that you can apply in a broad range of businesses and settings.
Reach your goals with first-class business admin training, today!
There are no prerequisites required to enter the Cert IV in Business Admin (BSB40515). However, it is preferred that students:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
Students are required to:
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Provide a valid ID with his/her picture and signature
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Evaluation
- Undertake a Personal Learning Plan, with Cohort explanation and learning pathway
All students considering a self-paced online course should give consideration to the following prior to enrolment:
- Ability to access any required technologies
- Information technology skills in accessing and using online programs
- Experience and self-motivation to learn on their own
- Competing pressures, such as work and family commitments, that may impact self-paced study time
After completing the Certificate IV in Business Administration, learners can continue their studies with the BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration. The Diploma qualification is suitable to advance into roles such as an Administration Manager, or General Office Manager.
Once enrolled, you may also consider additional training to complement your business skills, with courses such as:
- BSB41015 – Certificate IV in Human Resources
- BSB40215 – Certificate IV in Business
- BSB50415 – Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB42015 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB41515 – Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- FNS30317 – Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- FNS40217 – Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Inspire’s BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration is comprised of a total of 10 units, which have been carefully selected to ensure they meet the needs of a wide range of administration professionals.
Group A Units:
BSBADM405 – Organise meetings
BSBADM406 – Organise business travel
BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
BSBWRT401 – Write complex documents
Group B Units:
BSBADM409 – Coordinate business resources
BSBINN301 – Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBRES411 – Analyse and present research information
BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Other qualifications with similar units include the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources.
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business was released on 19 October 2020. What we offer, the BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration, has an 18-month teach out period, starting from that date. As such, students will still gain this qualification, provided they successfully complete course requirements within this period. For more information, please visit our BSB 7.0 Update FAQ page.
Resources Provided by Inspire
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
- Access to a student account in the Learning Management System (LMS) for submission
- Learning Materials and Assessment Workbooks
- Simulations, where applicable
- Templates for completing Project Documents
- MYOB Student Edition
Resources Supplied by the Student
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
- Where possible, access to a workplace where they can complete their assessments under a supervisor (Note: Inspire Education will provide a simulated environment for students unable to secure a workplace for their assessments – for units applicable under simulated pathway only)
- Computer with:
- Internet access through Google Chrome
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Video-recording equipment (e.g. mobile phone or video recorder) to record role-play activities and presentations
- At least three (3) people to participate in various assessment activities including meetings, role-plays, and providing feedback (may be friends, family members, colleagues, etc.)
Course Outline & Structure
Expected Study Hours
There are a total of up to 1020 expected study hours for this course, depending on your existing skills and knowledge. To assess your knowledge, you will be asked to complete a Personal Learning Plan Evaluation after you enrol. Upon completion, you will be provided with a training plan that identifies your cohort, taking into account your existing level of knowledge and skill in this vocational area.
The amount of training and support required for each learner will vary on these 4 cohorts:
- Beginner Cohort (Full Study Model) – includes learners with limited relevant knowledge or skill in the competence contained in this qualification; no recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 1020 hours
- Intermediate Cohort (Partial Study Model) – includes learners with moderate relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; limited recent related industry experience; study hours is up to 815 hours
- Advanced Cohort (Partial Recognition Pathway) – includes learners with extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; recent related industry work experience of one year or more; study hours is up to 665 hours
- Expert Cohort (Assessment only) – consists of individuals with current industry experience of 2 or more years and extensive relevant knowledge and skill in the competence contained in this qualification; these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway; this includes candidates holding the BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business who are currently working in the industry; study hours is up to 460 hours
Assessment is conducted using a combination of Questioning (e.g. written/oral, interviews, self-evaluation, and questionnaires), Product-based Methods* (e.g. reports, displays, work samples, role plays, presentations, and outputs), Direct Observation (assessment in real-time in the workplace or in a simulation environment, if applicable), and Third-Party Evidence* (e.g. skills workbook, workplace assessment workbooks, logbooks, third-party reports)
*Students have the option to undertake assessments for certain subjects in the workplace or using the simulation environment
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
Learners who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning.
Please see the RPL Guide for more information on this process and instructions on how to apply.
Once you’ve gained the Cert IV in Business Administration, you are now qualified to advance your roles in business and administration. Career information provided by My Skills says that individuals who complete the Certificate IV are most often employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (61.2%)
- Professionals (10.5%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (10.2%)