Inspire Education's news
The Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) Online Course – What You Need to Know
Workers in community services are in demand today, but what can you do to get a career in this industry?
Employers are looking for individuals who have the passion to serve the community, but they only hire those with a formal qualification in community or case management services.
Unfortunately, not everyone can study for a qualification because of other commitments. Going to face-to-face classes and workshops can demand too much of your time.
Fortunately, you can take the online Diploma of Case Management training course even if you’re busy with work or family commitments. This is because online training courses are self-paced and offer fully flexible study hours.
This is what you need to know about the Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) Online Course
I. What will you learn in the online Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) course?
You will learn to carry out the duties and responsibilities of a community service worker through this course. This course is designed to meet the same learning outcomes as face-to-face study. This means that you will gain the same skills, knowledge, and training as you would in face-to-face study.
The core units for this online training course are:
- • Develop and implement service programs
- • Develop workplace communication strategies
- • Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- • Manage and promote diversity
- • Manage legal and ethical compliance
- • Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- • Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- • Manage work health and safety
The case management units of this course are:
- • Assess co-existing needs
- • Coordinate complex case requirements
- • Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- • Provide case management supervision
II. How will you practice the knowledge and skills you’ve gained in the course?
This course will require you to undertake a vocational placement to gain hands-on experience and finish this course.
For the vocational placement, you will work in a registered and approved organisation for a minimum of 100 hours.
A supervisor will observe and give feedback on how you carry out your tasks during the placement.
III. Why choose an online course?
You’ll have these benefits when you study online:
Self-paced Learning – study and submit course requirements at your own time and pace. You can choose to complete the course quickly or take your time going through the course.
Study from anywhere – study at home, the train or bus, your favourite coffee place, or at your workplace during breaks. All the learning materials that you’ll need are stored in the online classroom and can be viewed from anywhere.
You’ll save money – online class delivery costs less and won’t cost you gas money, venue rentals, and print-out fees. They can be so affordable that you can get your qualification even if you’re on a tight budget.
IV. How long do you have to complete the course?
You will have up to 12 months to complete the online Diploma in Community Services training course. This course is self-paced so you can choose to finish the course sooner.
The course has up to 1400 expected study hours which includes the time spent in vocational placement. The expected study hours will be less if you have relevant industry experience.
V. What should you look for in an online course?
Make sure of the following before enrolling in an online training course:
Premium Trainer Support – trainers should be available for phone call bookings and 24/7 messaging support to help you with any concerns you may have.
Diverse Training Resources – be sure to enrol in an online course that offers various course resources. Webinars, multimedia, simulated learning resources, and the vocational placement will make your study experience more enjoyable and educational.
Quality Learner Guides and Workbooks – the content of these two should be clear, concise, and error-free.
If you want to get a qualification in community and case management services, but can’t because of other commitments, then you should consider studying online.
These are what you need to know about studying an online training course:
- • You will gain the same education, training, and skills in online study as you would in face-to-face
- • You’ll learn to carry out the tasks of a community service and case management worker
- • Online education is more flexible and convenient
- • It is often much more affordable than face-to-face study
- • Can be finished in 12 months or less
- • It will give you online access to all the learning materials
If you have a job or if you just want the flexibility and convenience that an online training course offers, then online study is for you.
Please feel free to send us a message for any enquiries or for more information about the course
Latest posts by John (see all)
- TAE40116 Online Courses – Where Are They? - August 24, 2017
- TAE40116 Face to Face and Online Courses: What’s the difference? - August 24, 2017
- TAE40110 vs TAE40116 Course Upgrade – Higher Cert IV TAE Requirements? - July 12, 2017