What is the Unique Student Identifier?
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a unique reference number linked to a secure record of your nationally recognised training achievements in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system.
From 1st January 2015 all students doing nationally recognised and accredited training need to have a Unique Student Identifier.
Links all your VET achievements, regardless of where you studied in Australia or who you studied with in a single, secure, accurate online source.
• Allows you to easily access secure digital transcripts of your learning achievements (available from January 2016) to provide to other training organisations, employers etc. as proof of your achievements.
• Provides you with more control over your VET information.
• Creating a USI is free.
• Creating a USI only takes a few minutes.
• You only need to create a USI once and it’s yours for life.
How to Create Your Unique Student Identifier
2. Click any of the links labelled “Create your USI”
- • Driver’s Licence
- • Medicare Card
- • Australian Passport
- • Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- • Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- • Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- • Citizenship Certificate
- • ImmiCard
4. Click continue
5. Read the Terms & Conditions.
Check the boxes to indicate you have read and agreed to the terms. Click “Next”.
6. Click “Create USI”
7. Enter your details. Click the “Next” button at the bottom of page.
8. Review your details and make sure everything is correct. Click “Next” to continue.
9. Select your evidence of identity from the list of accepted IDs.
10. Enter details for evidence of identity. Click “Next” to continue.
11.Set your password. Set questions and answers in case you forget your login details and need to recover your account in the future.
You may want to record your password and store it in a secure location. Click “Next” to continue.
12. You’ve now created your USI! Record your USI number. You will also receive an email confirmation with your USI number.
13. Return to the home page.
14. Log into your account using your USI number and password to check it works.
16. If you are an Inspire Education student, please contact us with your USI so we can update your student records.
Create Your USI Today!
Creating a USI is quick and easy! Do it today so you can start creating a secure digital record of your achievements.
Remember, when you are applying for jobs or enrolling in further study, you will frequently need to provide your academic transcripts (ie your training records and results). Having these in a single, secure location will make it easy to access these records without having to contact multiple training organisations. It may also mean you can get official documentation of your VET achievements in the future even if your training provider has closed down or lost your records.
Training organisations are required to submit training records to the National VET Provider Collection managed by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) once per year. From 2016, you will be able to see information about your training achievements online through your USI account. Your account will only record information about training completed after 1st January 2015.
Oops! We could not locate your form.