Inspire Education's news

Pathways for Training and Assessment

2 Comments   Posted:   by

Pathways for Training and Assessment

August 24, 2017 Update! The new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course is now open for enrolments! Please click here to get complete course informationIf you already hold the TAE40110, click here to upgrade to the TAE40116.

The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the most popular vocational training course in Australia. This qualification allows you to teach and assess accredited vocational courses at TAFEs and private training organisations. It is also used by in-house trainers and other people with significant training duties in their work in order to develop the skills they need. Needless to say, it’s important!

How do you get started? Depending on your circumstances, there are several ways to train and qualify.

Paths to the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment

Check out this infographic to find your path into a training and assessment qualification. If you’ve already completed a BSZ certificate or the old ‘TAA’ qualification, then your path is significantly shorter. You can immediately get recognition for your prior education, and you’ve probably developed relevant experience that will help you get RPL for more of the course units.

Those starting out with no qualifications, don’t worry! The course is largely self contained and our experienced trainers will work with you throughout the program. Feel free to apply for RPL. Even if you’re not a professional trainer, you’ve probably trained people at some point in your career. You’ll need to provide evidence of course – unfortunately we can’t just take your word for it! – but in the long run it can save you time and work when getting your TAE qualification.

You can also choose to fast track your training. We hold one and two week workshops for the TAE qualification. These ‘fast-track’ your course by teaching and completing many of the major assessments in an intensive classroom style environment. We have courses running in major cities such as Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney once or twice a month.

How to get the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment



Surprise twist: there is actually one more major training option! Qualified Australian teachers can also get a special fast-track package that includes RPL for 3 of the TAE course units. Many teachers will also find their experience qualifies them to get RPL in more of the course units, or at least components of the units.

One of these training options will be your ideal path into the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Don’t put it off, get your training started today so you’re ready to start working in Australia’s vocational training industry as a qualified trainer and assessor.


The following two tabs change content below.

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.


There’s 2 comments (add a comment)

  • Andrew McGowan says:

    I am a sheet metal worker1st class and have trained apprentices as well as unskilled labours. I also have an industrial engineering certificate and industry experience. Also I have 20+ years of Sales and Marketing experience as a part I developed sales and marketing sales programs.
    Would my experience give me any credits towards Cert 4 in Training and Assessment?

    • Hi Andrew,
      Great to hear from you! To get you the most accurate answer possible I suggest giving our enrollments team a call as they can answer all your RPL questions specific to your experience! You can get in contact with them on 1800 506 509.

Leave a Reply


Could you please amend the form? We’ve highlighted the problem(s) for you...