Inspire Education's news
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping Online Course – What You Need to Know
Accountants and/or Bookkeepers are now in demand all over Australia — so how can you grab this opportunity to get a career in the financial services?
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is an attractive qualification to employers and it would help boost your career. This qualification is necessary for those who want to move up in their organisation or seek employment as an accountant or a bookkeeper.
However, if you are employed or busy with other obligations then you probably don’t have the time or energy left to go to a face-to-face class. For this reason, some individuals are discouraged to take the course.
Australians who can’t take face-to-face classes can choose to study online instead. Studying online offers the flexibility and convenience that would enable individuals who are busy with their commitments to pursue a qualification.
Here’s what you should know about the Certificate IV Bookkeeping Online Course:
I. What will you learn in the online Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping Course?
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) is the latest nationally recognised qualification for individuals who want to pursue a career in either accounting or bookkeeping. This qualification replaced the older Cert IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40211) and Cert IV Accounting (FNS40615)
In the Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping, you will learn to develop and formalise the necessary skills to be a competent accountant or bookkeeper. Learners in the online training course will acquire the same knowledge, skills, and training as they would in face-to-face. These skills being:
- ▪ Preparing financial reports
- ▪ Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- ▪ Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- ▪ Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- ▪ Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- ▪ Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- ▪ Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- ▪ Establish and maintain payroll systems
II. How will the course prepare you to be a Bookkeeper?
You will develop the required skills to be a bookkeeper through this course so that you can apply for the BAS Agent Registration. Completing this course means that you have met the education requirements for BAS Agent registration.
Your knowledge of the course will be assessed with the use of questionnaires, case studies, research projects, and activities that test your problem-solving skills. You will be required to complete assessments under supervision for two units of this course.
III. Why take an online Cert IV Accounting and Bookkeeping course over face-to-face study?
The advantages of taking an online course are:
You can study anytime and anywhere – study at the comfort of your own home, in your favourite coffee shop, or at your workplace during breaks. Study in the morning or at night or whenever you are free.
You can work at your own pace – complete the course sooner if you choose to or take more time in studying for the qualification. You can choose to work at a pace that’s suitable for you.
Lower total costs – online education is generally more affordable than face-to-face because you won’t have to pay for transportation, classrooms or workshop venues, and printed materials.
IV. How long does the course take to complete?
You will have up to 12 months to complete this online Accounting and Bookkeeping training course. This is a self-paced course so you can choose to finish the course faster than 12 months.
The expected study time for this course is 1065 hours. Students who have related study experience may take less time to finish the course.
V. What should you look for in an online FNS40217 Course?
The following will greatly help in your studies:
High-quality learning resources – choose an RTO that offers diverse and engaging learning resources. They should also be free of errors and are easy to learn from.
Quality learner guides and workbooks – these two should have clear, concise, and accurate content so they can be easily read and understood.
Full trainer support – trainers should be available for phone call bookings and 24/7 messaging support. They should be able to help you with enquiries or concerns about your course.
Accountants and Bookkeepers are highly in demand all over Australia and you can have the qualification for the role through online study.
These are what you should know about this online training course:
- ▪ It is designed to teach you the same knowledge and skills as face-to-face classes do
- ▪ You will be able to carry out the tasks of an accountant and a bookkeeper.
- ▪ You will meet the education requirements to apply for BAS Agent Registration after completing the course
- ▪ It offers flexible study hours, access to an online classroom from anywhere, and lower costs
- ▪ You can finish the course in 12 months or less
- ▪ It will have online course resources to help you in studying for your qualification
Feel free to send us a message if you have any enquiries or concerns about the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course.
on the Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping course page and get detailed information about your course.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- TAE40116 Online Courses – Where Are They? - August 24, 2017
- TAE40116 Face to Face and Online Courses: What’s the difference? - August 24, 2017
- TAE40110 vs TAE40116 Course Upgrade – Higher Cert IV TAE Requirements? - July 12, 2017