There’s a huge shortage of workers in childcare today — how can you take advantage of this to start a career?
Employers are now looking for Australians who want to work in child care and family day care centres. These employers are particularly looking for candidates with formal qualifications.
Australians with up to date qualifications are in demand because only candidates who hold the required qualifications are allowed to work in childcare.
However, not everyone can commit their time to study these qualifications full time in a classroom or face to face workshops for weeks on end.
If you’re like most Australians, you either have a job or other responsibilities that take up most of your day. But by studying an online Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you can keep your job and gain your childcare qualification by studying in your free time.
Here’s what you need to know about the Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care Online Course:
1. What Will You Learn in an Online Training Course?
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) online training course is the leading qualification for child care workers.
You will learn all of the critical skills of a child care worker. The online childcare course is designed to give you the same set of skills and knowledge as Face-to-Face classes or workshops.
Some of these skills are the following:
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide care for children, babies, and toddlers
- Develop cultural competence
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Support the development of children in early childhood
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
2. How Will You Practice on-the-job Childcare Education and Development skills?
This course requires you to complete a vocational placement to finish the course.
You will gain hands-on experience in the child care industry by working at a registered early education and care facility. The placement requires a minimum of 120 hours to complete.
A supervisor will assess the knowledge and skills that you have gained while in the vocational placement and give you feedback.
3. What are the Advantages of Studying an Online Child Care Course?
Online early childhood education courses have several benefits over Face to Face courses:
- Study anytime and from anywhere – you can create your own schedule and study during your free time, whether it is at night, during your work breaks, or on weekends. You can study at home, on the bus, at your favourite cafe, or at any place that’s comfortable for you.
- Study at your own pace – study and submit course work at your own pace. You can choose to work through the course quickly or take more time in studying for your qualification.
- Lower fees – studying courses online are typically cheaper than Face to Face because there are no costs for classroom/child care centres venues, transportation, and print-outs. This means you can enrol in your course even if you are on a budget. For more info on course fees, feel free to click here and visit Inspire Educations Blog on Cert III Childcare Fees.
4. How Long Does an Early Child Care Online Course Take to Complete?
The online childcare course typically takes up to a year to complete. This is a self-paced course, which means you can complete your qualification sooner if you’re keen, or your schedule allows you to do the course much faster.
The expected study time for this course and the vocational placement is 1210 hours. Students who have experience related to the course may be able to complete the course faster via recognition of prior learning.
5. What to look for in an online course?
These are what you need to look for in your Early Childhood Education online course:
- High-quality course materials – you will gain knowledge from the course materials so it is important that they contain accurate, up-to-date, and clear information.
- Student-friendly learner guides and workbooks – get a smoother learning experience when your materials are easy to read and understand.
- Premium Trainer support – get expert advice, ask questions for anything you have trouble with or are unsure about. They will support you through 1-on-1 phone calls and 24/7 messaging.
There’s a massive shortage of early childhood education and care workers and employers are currently looking for qualified individuals to hire. If you have plans to get into child care services, then you should consider taking the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education online training course.
Through an online training course, you’ll be able to:
- Fulfil the role of a child care education and care worker
- Achieve the same learning outcomes as the face-to-face course
- Have an education that is more flexible, convenient, and affordable
- Have up to a year to finish your course
- Use various online resources
If you are busy with work or other commitments or if you just want a great learning experience, then consider taking an online training course!
Feel free to send us a message for complete information about the latest Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or for any other concerns.
Click here to enquire now on the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care course page and get detailed information about your course.
Oops! We could not locate your form.