Inspire Education's blog

$200 Million Government Fund for Child Care Training

6 Comments   Posted:   by

$200 Million Government Fund for Child Care Training

Govt Childcare Training Fund FAQ

*Click Here for Your Free Long Day Care Professional Development Programme FAQ!*

The Australian Government recently announced the creation of a $200 million dollar fund to support training, skills development and other professional development activities for early childcare educators. This includes mandatory training courses such as the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. This fund has been created with money reallocated from the Early Years Quality Fund.

Introducing the “Long Day Care Professional Development Programme”

Childcare educators are being encouraged take up courses like the Cert II in Early Childhood Education and CareThe Long Day Care Professional Development Programme (LDCPDP) will provide funding to help early childhood educators to fulfill their training and skills development needs. Ultimately, the fund is intended to improve practice and ensure quality outcomes for children in child care services. You can learn more about the program in our FAQ Guide. If you are working for an eligible long day care service, now is the time to discuss your further training and professional development plans with your employer.  You can not apply directly for funding as an individual and applications will only be accepted from Long Day Care Providers approved for the Child Care Benefit. Not sure whether further child care training and professional development is for you? Check out 7 Reasons for Early Childhood Educators to Invest in Professional Development.

Government Funding for Child Care Training

Eligible services can claim up to:

•         $3750 for each Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff member
•         $4100 for each Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff member in outer regional centres
•         $4400 for each Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff member in remote and very remote areas

Child Care Providers can apply for an additional $2300 per early-childhood teacher the service employs, regardless of location.

If your application is successful, funding can be used to complete qualifications, participate in industry conferences, buy learning supplies, take on other education and training or undertake other professional development activities. Allocated funding can also be used to pay for staff replacement costs while you and other early childhood educators undertake eligible training and professional development activities.

Act Quickly to Apply for Funding

Childcare providers an apply for their training to be funded by the Australian governmentThere is only a short window of opportunity to apply for funding.  Applications open 19th May 2014 and close 5pm AEST 13th June 2014 so you have just 4 weeks to complete and submit yours. The application process can be started on the MyChild website once applications open on the 19th May 2014. Get in quick!

If you work for or operate an eligible long day care service, this is the ideal opportunity for employees and employers to discuss training needs and professional development goals! 

The following two tabs change content below.
William Cowie

William Cowie

William Cowie

Latest posts by William Cowie (see all)

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.


There’s 6 comments (add a comment)

  • muhammad ahmad razzaq says:

    i need this cors

  • Nadeen says:

    hi! Interested in your EOFY offer! . . Is the Cert IV TAE and Cert IV Tesol both Centrelink Austudy Approved! . . and how many hours a week would I need to do to complete each one! . . is there a possibility of studying one first, then the other! 😉 many thanks! 😉 and how much is it to just doe the TAE for 12 months. Also the online study option! . . is this completely at our own pace. . or are there specific clases and times we must log on online to attend? if so when! . . many thanks Nadeen . . ps . . please call me on XXXXXXXXXX! I am going to Centrelink today and would like to know if this is an option for austudy! 😉 many thanks!

    • William Cowie William Cowie says:

      Hi Nadeen,

      I’ve passed on your questions to Nichola who should be in touch soon (if not already!). She’ll be able to talk you through the Cert IV TAE and TESOL courses. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 1800 506 509 if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

  • mohamed says:

    I want to know us RTO how much is the Government fund they pay for Certificate 3 and Diploma for child care services course in Victoria and NSW ,QSD and NT (Darwin) please thanks

Leave a Reply


Could you please amend the form? We’ve highlighted the problem(s) for you...