New Diploma of Child Care Course! Enrolments Open Now
You Can Enrol Now in the new Diploma of Child Care
The brand new Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113) course has launched! This course replaces the old Diploma of Children’s Services (CHC50908) qualification. It is the ideal choice if you are seeking Diploma training in child care to advance your career or ensure compliance with regulations.
There are currently only a small number of training organisations offering this course. Many training institutions are still offering the old Diploma of Children’s Services (CHC50908). If you want the latest, most up to date course, then this is the one to do.
Should You Study the Diploma?
This is the ideal qualification if you want to advance your child care career and work as a group leader, centre director/manager, centre coordinator or family day care coordinator.
Many child care services also need multiple diploma-qualified early childhood educators on staff to be compliant with regulations, so it may open up more employment opportunities.
• 28 units clustered into just 10 workbooks and a skills journal.
• Includes the Certificate III units as part of course.
• 24 months to complete course.
• Discounted price for RPL & credit transfer.
• Includes vocational placement – develop your skills in a real workplace.
• Study online from anywhere in Australia.
What will I learn in the Diploma?
You will learn how to:
• Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
• Develop cultural competence
• Ensure the health and safety of children
• Provide care for children
• Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
• Provide care for babies and toddlers
• Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
• Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
• Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
• Nurture creativity in children
• Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
• Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
• Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
• Promote children’s agency
• Analyse information to inform learning
• Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
• Embed sustainable practices in service operations
• Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
• Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
• Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
• Maintain work health and safety
• Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
• Support behaviour of children and young people
• Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
• Use information about children to inform practice
• Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
• Coordinate the work environment
Do I need to study the Certificate III course first?
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course now includes the Certificate III of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) units. This means you can enrol into the Diploma straight away, saving you money and hassle.
It is perfect for students who want to future proof their careers and maximise their opportunities straight away. It is also ideal for experienced early childhood educators who want to get all their training done it one go.
What if I have already done a Certificate III in Child Care?
If you already have a Certificate III in Child Care qualification, you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer. Depending on which qualification you have, this means you DO NOT need to repeat most (or any) of the Certificate III units – saving you money and time.
Start Your Training Now!