Course Code: TAE40110
What you’ll get for this amazing low price:
✓ Premium Trainer Support (phone and online messaging)!
✓ Weekly Video Webinars!
✓ Engaging Quality Course Materials + more!
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 is Inspire Education’s ‘flagship’ qualification and our TAE courses are regarded as one of the best in the country. Australia’s Cert IV TAE is the industry standard in becoming a qualified trainer.
Get qualified with Inspire and be at the forefront of the training industry by gaining Australia’s top Training Qualification with one of Australia’s most respected TAE training institutes.
Australia’s Leading ‘Train the Trainer’ Qualification, the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Cert IV TAE) is a nationally-accredited course designed for anyone wanting to engage in careers such as:
• Enterprise Trainer and Assessor
• TAFE Teacher
• Training Advisor
• Workplace Trainer
• Trainer in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
• Vocational Education Teacher
• Setting up your own RTO
• Training and Development
• Any career that requires a Professional Trainer skill-set
Inspire offers MANY flexible delivery options for you to undertake the TAE40110 in the way that suits you best.
1. Self-Paced Online Learning – Study at your own pace and complete the course as fast as you like! 6 and 12 month options available.
2. Australia Wide Online “Fast Track” Workshop – A 5 day online workshop (commence 55% of course work) + self-paced learning of up to 6 months to give you that extra guidance of a classroom with all the flexibility of online learning.
3. Australia Wide Online Evening Sessions – Give yourself that extra guidance of the classroom easily slotted into a busy schedule with 2 evening sessions a week for 10 weeks (20 sessions total) + self-paced learning of up to 6 months.
4. Classroom Blended Delivery – A combination of an in person 5 day workshop (commence 55% of course work) + self-paced learning of up to 6 months.
5. Classroom 2-Week Delivery – 2x 5 day workshops where ALL major projects are commenced in class + self-paced learning of up to 6 months. Typically, the fastest way to complete your Cert IV TAE course.
Not sure which Delivery Option is right for you? Click here to view our checklist to help you choose the right TAE delivery mode.
Inspire has TAE workshops running throughout the year in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and other major cities. Get the latest workshop timetables by claiming a free course information pack.
By the time you finish your Cert IV TAE (TAE40110 with Inspire Education, you will have a sound understanding of the Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) industry and training packages.
You will also develop all key areas of Training and Assessment including design, delivery, and assessment. You will learn to design learning programs, deliver and assess training in one-on-one and group settings, and participate in assessment validation.
The Certificate IV in TAE (TAE40110) is suitable for anyone looking to enter job roles which relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector.
Once enrolled in this course you may also consider additional training to complement your training and assessment skills and allow you to train in a specialist area, such as:
• Work Health and Safety Courses – BSB41415 and BSB51315
• Project Management Courses – BSB41515 and BSB51415
• Human Resources or Business Admin Courses – BSB41015 and BSB40515
• Early Childhood Education and Care Courses – CHC30113 and CHC50113
• Aged, Community Care, or Disability Courses – CHC30212, CHC30408, and CHC30312
• Financial Services Courses – FNS40611, FNS40215, and FNS50210
• Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Course – 40649SA
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment also enables entry into the:
• Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAE50111)
• Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50211)
The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is comprised of 10 course units,including 7 core units PLUS 3 elective units. We have organised the following units into three major areas of TAE: Design, Delivery, and Assessment.
TAEDES401A – Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402A – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEASS401B – Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402B – Assess competence
TAEASS403B – Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS301B – Contribute to assessment
TAEDEL301A – Provide work skill instruction
BSBCMM401A – Make a presentation
Upcoming industry changes will see the TAELLN411 – Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills unit included in the new training and assessment course. This means that all trainers will eventually be required to hold the TAELLN411 unit or equivalent. Right now, you can add the TAELLN411 to your training course for an additional fee and be ready for the upcoming changes.
To support you in your studies Inspire will provide:
• Online Course Materials and Resources (hardcopies available for additional fee)
• Multimedia Learning Resources
• Regular Informative Webinars and Q&A Sessions
• Helpful Industry Templates
• Training products, such as training packages and accredited course documentation
• Case studies and simulations
• Simulated Workplace
• Online Forums and Student Community
• Ongoing Trainer Support via Phone and Student Messaging System
For a full list of resources students will need to have access to, please see the guide here: What do I need to study my Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
To complete your studies you will need to have access to:
• A Computer (PC or Mac) with Internet (a minimum reliable speed of 5mbps is recommended)
• Note: a Laptop/Notebook is required for Blended/Face to Face courses. – Please contact Inspire before your course start date if you need to hire one.
• Google Chrome Web Browser
• Latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader (Essential for Mac Users)
• Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel 97 or later (or equivalent)
• Webcam and USB Headset to participate in webinars – Optional
• Video recording equipment to record presentations OR a TAE qualified assessor to provide feedback
• Workplace-specific tools, equipment, materials, workplace personnel
• Workplace documentation, e.g. Policies, Acts, Regulations, Procedures etc
• Access to at least eight students to deliver group based training to
RPL is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide for more information on this process and how to apply.
There are no formal prerequisites required to enter the TAE40110, however it is preferred that students:
• Are 18 years or older
• Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
• Have mid-level computer skills
Inspire Education has adopted a “clustered” approach for all of our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment courses. This means we have divided our courses into just three workbooks: design; delivery; and assessment (instead of 10 separate units).
This means you will have only three workbooks to submit to complete your course! By using this “holistic” approach our students are able to study at a good pace because information is not duplicated.
Recommended Study Hours: This course has 610 expected study hours. We recommend approximately 12 hours of study per week for students in the 12 month self-paced online course; however you may work at your own pace and complete your course faster if you’d like!
Assessment Methods: Assessment is conducted using a combination of written questions and activities, problem solving scenarios, and projects to give you maximum opportunity to develop your knowledge in training and assessment.
|Online/Distance-Learning Course – Anywhere in Australia!||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Online Course Timetable|
|Queensland TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Brisbane Timetable|
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Gold Coast Timetable
|New South Wales TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Sydney Timetable|
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Newcastle Timetable
|Victoria TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Melbourne Timetable|
|Western Australia TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Perth Timetable|
|Australian Capital Territory TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Canberra Timetable|
|South Australia TAE Workshops||Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Course Adelaide Timetable|
1. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of Cert IV TAE Students
2. The Ultimate Guide to a Training and Assessment Career
3. TAELLN411: What Is Actually Happening?
4. What do Vocational Education Teachers Do?
5. TAE, TAA And BSZ: Changes In Training And Assessment Qualifications
This course is superseded by TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Your Free Info Pack Will Include:
By submitting this form, you agree to our
Your Free Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Info Pack Will Include: