In order to instantly get your free information pack please fill out the small form below. All fields are required
Course Code: TESOL40649SA
Recommend this page by clicking here!
Becoming a qualified international teacher is an exciting and life-changing career move. The Certificate IV in TESOL course is the qualification of choice for anyone wishing to:
The Cert IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) will solidify your knowledge of the English language, including identifying basic grammatical concepts, terminology and traditional meta-language.
In this TESOL course you will learn to design and develop learning strategies, and to design and create learning resources in able to assist your future international students in developing their English competencies.
Learn to pass on the gift of your language to other cultures, enhancing their self-confidence and developing their skills! Inspire Education Cert IV TESOL course will provide you first-class training and student support while you undertake your studies in the Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL 40649SA).
The Certificate IV in TESOL is comprised of 5 core units. It is an internationally recognised qualification in teaching English to international students and a wonderful qualification to have in your employability ‘tool kit’.
During your studies, you will be required to organise and complete at least 6 hours of practical delivery with a minimum of four ESL (English as a Second Language) students.
All applicants, whether native or non-native speakers of English, must demonstrate an acceptable level of English language
competence, both written and spoken, that enables them to undertake the course. Meaning that applicants must either:
• Have evidence of year 12 English equivalent or greater qualification.
• Where evidence of year 12 English equivalent or greater cannot be provided applicants will need to pass Inspire
Education’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy Entry Assessment before commencing the TESOL course.
• Applicants must have, as a minimum, completed Year 12 or equivalent and be 18 years or older.
Successful applicants will demonstrate at interview and in pre-interview language tasks:
- An appropriate awareness of the English language as it is used and its difficulties for learners
- An ability to analyse language at a suitable level and to express ideas clearly
- A willingness to engage in discussion of teaching/learning approaches
- Self-awareness and flexibility of approach.
- Willingness to interact, listen and respond appropriately
- An ability to take pressure and maintain positive rapport
- A competence in written and spoken English that will enable them to teach the language to students without causing error.
You will need to have:
• Access to a computer (PC or Mac) with Internet
• Adobe Flash Player 7
• Adobe Acrobat Reader (Essential for Mac Users)
• Microsoft Word 97 or later (for PC)
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. During the enrolment process a potential Learner may complete a checklist and discuss any prior evidence before commencing training to determine if they are eligible for RPL.
The most popular method of delivery is via distance and/or Online Learning in the form of self-paced learning.
You will have 12 months to complete the course from your enrolment date through distance learning. Inspire has a continual intake of students on this basis.
Have a look below at all the courses Inspire Education can offer you!