Course Code: TESOL40649SA
Recommend this page by clicking here!
Becoming qualified in teaching English as a second language is an exciting and life-changing career move. The Certificate IV in TESOL course is the qualification of choice for anyone wishing to:
The Certificate IV in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) will solidify your knowledge of the English language, including identifying basic grammatical concepts, terminology and traditional meta-language.
In our TESOL courses you will learn to design and develop learning strategies, and to design and create learning resources in able to assist your future international students in developing their English competencies. This course is designed to give you the the skills you need for teaching English as second language in Australia, or throughout the world.
Learn to pass on the gift of your language to other cultures, enhancing their self-confidence and developing their skills! Inspire Education’s TESOL courses will provide you first-class training and student support while you undertake your studies in the Certificate IV in TESOL.
The Certificate IV in TESOL is comprised of 5 core units. It is an internationally recognised qualification in teaching English to international students and a wonderful qualification to have in your employability ‘tool kit’.
AABBH – Design and deliver an ESL teaching program
AABBK – Design and develop an ESL learning framework
AABBM – Plan an integrated lesson using communicative language teaching methodology
AABBL – Identify and use basic grammatical concepts and traditional meta language
AABBG – Demonstrate understanding of the basic terminology of traditional grammar
During your studies, you will be required to organise and complete at least 6 hours of practical delivery with a minimum of four ESL (English as a Second Language) students.
Inspire’s TESOL Courses are delivered online so that learners can complete their qualification as fast as they would like to. Because of this students are able to complete our Certificate IV in TESOL courses from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, or in fact anywhere in Australia at times that are most convenient online.
All applicants wishing to undertake Inspire’s Certificate IV in TESOL course must demonstrate an acceptable level of English language competence, both written and spoken. This applies to both native or non-native English speakers. This requirement is to ensure that applicants have the required skills to undertake the course. Applicants must either:
• Have evidence of year 12 English equivalent or greater qualification.
• Where evidence of year 12 English equivalent or greater cannot be provided applicants will need to pass Inspire Education’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy Entry Assessment before commencing the TESOL course.
• Applicants must have, as a minimum, completed Year 12 or equivalent and be 18 years or older.
Successful applicants will demonstrate at interview and in pre-interview language tasks:
- An appropriate awareness of the English language as it is used and its difficulties for learners
- An ability to analyse language at a suitable level and to express ideas clearly
- A willingness to engage in discussion of teaching/learning approaches
- Self-awareness and flexibility of approach.
- Willingness to interact, listen and respond appropriately
- An ability to take pressure and maintain positive rapport
- A competence in written and spoken English that will enable them to teach the language to students without causing error.
You will need to have:
• Access to a computer (PC or Mac) with Internet
• Adobe Flash Player 7
• Adobe Acrobat Reader (Essential for Mac Users)
• Microsoft Word 97 or later (for PC)
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. During the enrolment process a potential Learner may complete a checklist and discuss any prior evidence before commencing training to determine if they are eligible for RPL.
The most popular method of delivery is via distance and/or Online Learning in the form of self-paced learning.
You will have 12 months to complete the course from your enrolment date through distance learning. Inspire has a continual intake of students on this basis.