Inspire Education's news
MEN: ‘Immature’ Until 43?!
As the saying goes… “The First 40 Years of Childhood are Always the Hardest!”
Ladies and gentlemen, if you are looking for an excuse for your own behaviour, or that of a significant others…. then LISTEN UP!!
Recent studies have shown that men don’t mature until they are around 43 years of age. In comparison, women ‘mature’ about 11 years earlier, at the age of 32. The study also went onto find that more than 8 in 10 women believe that men never stop being childish.
With more than one in four men describing themselves as actively immature, this leaves the majority of women to describe themselves as the ‘grown up’ of the relationship. Women also find themselves burdened with the responsibility of all important decision-making.
A third of people surveyed found childish behaviour and immature traits to be important in bonding with kids AND a fourth of people stated that immaturity was responsible for keeping a relationship fresh! While some of the findings are positive, the average woman finds herself telling her partner to ‘act his age’ at least once a month – prompting 3 in 10 to end a relationship because of it!
With breaking wind, eating fast food and playing video games the biggest pet peeves – check out the full list of men’s maturity fails below!
Men’s Top 30 Maturity Failings:
Researchers asked women to reveal the signs that mean a man is still ‘immature’ – check out the Top 30 (in no order!)!
Maturity Failing #1
Finding their own farts and burps hilarious
Maturity Failing #2
Eating fast food at 2:00am
Maturity Failing #3
Playing video games
Maturity Failing #4
Driving fast or ‘racing’ other cars
Maturity Failing #5
Not being able to cook simple meals
Maturity Failing #6
Owning a skateboard or BMX
Maturity Failing #7
Changing jobs regularly
Maturity Failing #8
Getting too excited over stag do’s
Maturity Failing #9
Driving a modified car
Maturity Failing #10
Having a cartoon bedspread
Other Maturity Failings
We’ve gone through some of the Top 10, but the list doesn’t stop there! Research showed also suggested men were deemed immature where behaviour included:
- • Sometimes trying to do wheelies/stunts on their bike
- • Sniggering a bit at rude words
- • Driving with loud music
- • Playing practical jokes
- • Trying to beat children at games and sport
- • Staying silent during an argument
- • Showing off about how girls are attracted to them
- • Wearing pyjamas, specifically cartoon pyjamas
- • Using dodgy pick-up lines
- • Showing off about protein shakes/weight-lifting/how much they ‘lift’
- • Littering
- • Wearing saggy-crotched jeans
- • Not eating vegetables
- • Re-telling the same silly jokes and stories when with the lads
- • Don’t like talking about themselves / having proper conversations
- • Hating books/reading because of short attention span/they’re boring
- • Doing crazy dance moves
- • Mum still doing their washing
- • Having their Mum still make them breakfast/any meal
- • Wearing trainers to night clubs
Read the whole study at http://nickalive.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/nickelodeon-uk-reveals-findings-from.html.Picture sources are available by clicking on the photo.
Latest posts by Inspire Media (see all)
- ‘Get Qualified Now’ Course Sale On NOW! – Save up to $1500! - February 10, 2015
- 10 Steps to Become Successful At Studying Productively - May 31, 2014
- Top Rated Jobs in Australia - May 6, 2014