Inspire Education's blog
Inspire Education’s NEW Child Care Course CHC30712
This course has been superseded by the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113). Click here to visit the newest qualification course page for child care.
CHC30712 Childcare Course Employment Prospects
Inspire has just launched the BRAND NEW Certificate III in Children’s Services CHC30712 which is now the latest Cert III Child Care Course qualification and supersedes the older Certificate III in Children’s Services CHC30708. The New Child Care Course is deal for those who want to care for children, facilitate children’s leisure and play and assist them in achieving developmental outcomes. Key employment outcomes may include work as a:
• Early Childhood Educator
• Playgroup Supervisor
• Family Day Care Worker
• Childhood Educator
• Childhood Educator Assistant
• Mobile Assistant
• Outside School Hours Care Assistant
• Recreation Assistant
• ‘Child Care Worker’ has been removed
What Will You Learn?
Throughout the Certificate III in Children’s Services (Childcare course), you will learn the many facets of child care and gain the knowledge to identify and respond to children at risk, provide care for young children, support development and interaction of children, provide experiences that support children’s learning, apply first aid, care for babies and work effectively with families in caring for their child. To read more about child care courses with Inspire, click here.
The main modifications are present within the NEW CHC30712 Childcare course ‘Packaging Rules’. The Certificate III in Children’s Services (Childcare Course) requires the completion of 15 units in totoal, of which 11 are core units and 4 are elective units (students may choose which electives they study based on future employment goals).
Certificate III in Children’s Service’s Core Unit Changes
While many of the units remain unchanged, six units have been renamed or had content changed within. The following outlines how the CHC30708 Childcare course has been revised and incorporated into the CHC30712 – Certificate III in Children’s Services.
• “CHCCHILD401″ has been renamed to “CHCCHILD401B Identify and respond to children and young people at risk”
• “CHCCN301B” has been renamed to “CHCCN301C Ensure the health and safety of children”
• “CHCCN302A Provide care for children” remains unchanged
• “CHCCN303A Contribute to provision of nutritionally balanced food in a safe and hygienic manner” remains unchanged
• “CHCCS400B” has been renamed to “CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework”
• “CHCFC301A Support the development of children” remains unchanged
• “CHCIC301E Interact effectively with children” remains unchanged
• “CHCPR301B” has been renamed to “CHCPR301C Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning”
• “CHCPR303D Develop understanding of children’s interests and developmental needs” remains unchanged
• “HLTFA301C” has been renamed to “HLTFA311A Apply first aid”
• “HLTOHS300B” has been renamed to “HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS processes”
Certificate III in Children’s Services
Elective Unit Changes
Child Care Courses Group A Electives:
Group A is recommended for all roles except those excluding babies. At the time of the new CHC30712 qualification, Group A remains unchanged.
Child Care Courses Group B Electives:
Group B is recommended for culturally aware and respectful practice. Within Group B, “CHC30408″ has been altered to read “CHC30412 Certificate III in Children’s Service enables selection of specific electives recommended for centre-based care, playgroup supervision, family day care and nanny work”.
Group C is recommended for centre-based child care. Within the Group C electives, two have been altered in the New CHC30712. Firstly, “CHCCHILD301A” has been renamed to “CHCCHILD301B Support behaviour of children and young people”. Secondly, “CHCORG303B” has been renamed to “CHCORG303C Participate effectively in the work environment”.
Child Care Courses Group D Electives:
Group D is recommended for playgroup supervision, and within the New CHC30712 qualification, elective “SRXRIK001A” has been renamed to “SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities”.
Child Care Courses Group E Electives:
Group E is recommended for family day care work and one elective has been changed within the CHC30712, “CHCCHILD301A” has been renamed to “CHCCHILD301B Support behaviour of children and young people”.
Child Care Courses Group F Electives:
Group F is recommended for nanny work and the new CHC30712 qualification involves a variety of alternations, including:
• “CHCCHILD301A” has been renamed to “CHCCHILD301B Support behaviour of children and young people”.
• “CHCNAN301A” has been renamed to “CHCNAN301B Attend to daily functions in home based child care”.
• “CHCCD420A” has been renamed to “CHCCD420B Work to empower Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities”.
• “CHCCS421A” has been renamed to “CHCCS421B Undertake community sector work within own community”.
• “CHCIC303A” has been renamed to “CHCIC303B Work within a regulatory framework specific to children’s services”.
• “CHCMH301B” has been renamed to “CHCMH301C Work effectively in mental health”.
• “CHCORG303B” has been renamed to “CHCORG303C Participate effectively in the work environment”.
• “HLTFA302B” has been renamed to “HLTFA302C Provide first aid in remote situation (pre-requisite: HLTFA311A)”.
• “HLTFA402C” has been renamed to “HLTFA412A Apply advanced first aid (pre-requisite HLTFA311A)”.
• “HLTNA303C Co-workers” has been renamed to “HLTNA303D Plan and modify meals and menus according to nutrition care plans”.
• “HLTNA304C” has been renamed to “HLTNA304D Plan meals and menus to meet cultural and religious needs”.
• “SRXRIK001A” has been renamed to “SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities”.
• “CHCOHC303A” has been renamed to “CHCOHC303B”.
During restructure of the Certificate III in Children’s Services, Pathways, Licensing and Regulatory Information, Entry Requirements and Employability Skills have not been modified. For more information on the NEW CHC30712 Child Care qualification, visit Training Australia.
Topics: Child Care Course, Certificate III In Children’s Services, Childcare Courses, Child Care Worker
Latest posts by Inspire Media (see all)
- ‘Get Qualified Now’ Course Sale On NOW! – Save up to $1500! - February 10, 2015
- 10 Steps to Become Successful At Studying Productively - May 31, 2014
- Top Rated Jobs in Australia - May 6, 2014